ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Lord willing I want to make one more extensive trip overseas and that would be to my ancestral home of Northern Ireland and Scotland. I have a friend over there and he has provided me with a wealth of information on my heritage dating back to 900 AD. That is when my family name began.

This is the spot I want to stand on.

184150644_1174460536337048_5239917262574466089_n.jpg
Take a metal detector!!!!!

The Mrs bought our first one of the year the other day. A little early...wasn't great, but wasn't bad. Think it was 3.99...was (I think) 6.99 a week or so ago. Loved it when I first moved to Atlanta and there would be trucks on the side of the road selling them for a dollar. Imagine they still do down your way.....but not for a buck anymore.

Watermelon question. Whatever happened to the large/seeded ones. Almost all now are the small/seedless ones. Easier to grow? More melons per acre? I like the large ones better but up here you don't see them much anymore.

Should be in your stores in a week. Need to find/harvest seeds for those somewhere though.

It is 75.4°F and cloudy here. I am praying for a little rain. My yard is in great need. The maximum chance is between 1 and 3 pm. The high today is supposed to be 75 so we are there already.

You all have a great day.

Since my recent prayers failed to bring about the desired result, I will do the rain dance of my ancestors for Bert while praying to God.

Waiting on the rain here in the Buckeye State. Is a nice, comfortable mid-70s now with a high of 80. Rain was supposed to be here around 8 a.m. but now looks like 11...if at all. Front's moving to the North. So it's been one of those mornings debating if it's worth getting outside and starting something. Think I'll just wait it out......because......

like warrior, I'm sore this morning. Did a lot out in the yard yesterday...about all day. Mowed front yard, trimmed an area in back that had grown up some, etc. Cleaned and rearranged the garage....moved an old buck stove from one side of the garage to the other to free up some room. The Mrs. asked how in the world I moved it (she was out running with a friend having fun while I worked) and I told her I just picked it up and carried it...but had to lift it over my head to get it over my table saw... 😉
So it's one of those achy days. The old bones/joints don't get any more limber with age...why is that?

Got no answers for that. You'd think we'd just be getting warmed up/limber by about 50 years

This world is screwed, no question. I'm just glad I have neighbors like I've found in the D-L.

Have a great afternoon! Going back to the grind (technically it's tilling but isn't that grinding?), lunch with some friends at 1230 and I may have had too many beers to drive there... It's only 81° here but I got a little thirsty

The Mrs bought our first one of the year the other day. A little early...wasn't great, but wasn't bad. Think it was 3.99...was (I think) 6.99 a week or so ago. Loved it when I first moved to Atlanta and there would be trucks on the side of the road selling them for a dollar. Imagine they still do down your way.....but not for a buck anymore.

Watermelon question. Whatever happened to the large/seeded ones. Almost all now are the small/seedless ones. Easier to grow? More melons per acre? I like the large ones better but up here you don't see them much anymore.
Oh yes, plenty of watermelon trucks around. My county and surrounding counties are agriculture based with plenty of watermelon patches. We still have the very large with seeds watermelons down here. The most common ones are the rattlesnake watermelons. I wonder if due to the reduction of the family size and cost to ship they just don't send that many out of the South. Who knows.

RATTLESNAKE WATERMELON

iu

I remember the very first time I brought my wife down to Florida from Kentucky. I told her the minute we hit the Florida line she would see watermelons 10 for $1.00 or ten cents apiece. She told me I was crazy but guess what.....lol. There they were. They were the size of what I use to call an icebox watermelon but 10 for $1.00. nonetheless. Of course this big 250 lb boy might cost you a couple of dollars or three

iu

Last edited:
Good morning D, cloudy and cool this morning!!!!

Read Isaiah 49 this morning.

May go metal detecting today, my friend called me yesterday, said he was going to the farm today if I wanted to go. He told me where two old wells were and where the old house was, been in the family since 1860's. Directions are go out 431 somewhere , turn left on another road, then go 5.6 miles out to nowhere!!!

Hope the D has a great day! I always have the D in my Prayers!!!!

Keep a close eye out for Cobra's. They are everywhere!!!

This world is screwed, no question. I'm just glad I have neighbors like I've found in the D-L.

Have a great afternoon! Going back to the grind (technically it's tilling but isn't that grinding?), lunch with some friends at 1230 and I may have had too many beers to drive there... It's only 81° here but I got a little thirsty

I've been there...

May go metal detecting today, my friend called me yesterday, said he was going to the farm today if I wanted to go. He told me where two old wells were and where the old house was, been in the family since 1860's. Directions are go out 431 somewhere , turn left on another road, then go 5.6 miles out to nowhere!!!

Completed Isaiah 49. A great message for the Gentiles.

Oh, I read it.

Just checked the weather, it said rain well stay in the Berg and no rain for Smith's Grove, Bert's fault!!!!! It is pouring here!!!!! Raining cats and dogs, just stepped in a Poodle!!!!

Wth, Bert! Cut it OUT!
Hours later I have received a whopping .004" of rain. I must start paying the preacher more.

No actually that's the set price from Acoustic Sounds. Not an auction. Outrageous? You bet but some people will buy one just because they can. It's the epitome of the point of diminishing return.
With my poor hearing the sound coming from a computer playing an MPeg3 through a solid state amp is the same as a fine quality tube amp and good vinyl.

With my poor hearing the sound coming from a computer playing an MPeg3 through a solid state amp is the same as a fine quality tube amp and good vinyl.
Sadly I've lost some hearing as well Bert. It's like a cruel joke because audio has been a passion of mine since I was 12 and heard my first really good stereo. I had the "golden ear" but it's faded now. Good quality headphones help. I have 6. The only stereo equipment I buy now is for replacement only. Upgrades would be pointless.

Oh yes, plenty of watermelon trucks around. My county and surrounding counties are agriculture based with plenty of watermelon patches. We still have the very large with seeds watermelons down here. The most common ones are the rattlesnake watermelons. I wonder if due to the reduction of the family size and cost to ship they just don't send that many out of the South. Who knows.

RATTLESNAKE WATERMELON

iu

I remember the very first time I brought my wife down to Florida from Kentucky. I told her the minute we hit the Florida line she would see watermelons 10 for $1.00 or ten cents apiece. She told me I was crazy but guess what.....lol. There they were. They were the size of what I use to call an icebox watermelon but 10 for $1.00. nonetheless. Of course this big 250 lb boy might cost you a couple of dollars or three

iu
Looks like a hog painted to look like a watermelon

Good morning D League

And now for today's weather report:

Currently we have 64° with fog but the sun will take care of that soon. We have light winds of 5 mph coming from the SSE. Humidity is 74% and by midafternoon the high will reach 83°. NO RAIN and we need it

Thank you Austin for mentioning your passport. Guess what, mine has expired also. I forgot all about traveling with this COVID scare and hadn't looked at it until I read your comment. I guess it is time to get busy and renew it. And thank you Warrior-Cat for the information on mail renewal. I had no idea

Trust all have a great day. Blue and white evening on the Gulf.

173854334_10222803511149276_6217561560694244568_n.jpg
Yeah, Just go on line fill out the renewal request and follow the instructions. You will need new pictures but don't need a birth certificate. The old passport will suffice. You can pay for it on line too.

Last edited:
Waiting on the rain here in the Buckeye State. Is a nice, comfortable mid-70s now with a high of 80. Rain was supposed to be here around 8 a.m. but now looks like 11...if at all. Front's moving to the North. So it's been one of those mornings debating if it's worth getting outside and starting something. Think I'll just wait it out......because......

like warrior, I'm sore this morning. Did a lot out in the yard yesterday...about all day. Mowed front yard, trimmed an area in back that had grown up some, etc. Cleaned and rearranged the garage....moved an old buck stove from one side of the garage to the other to free up some room. The Mrs. asked how in the world I moved it (she was out running with a friend having fun while I worked) and I told her I just picked it up and carried it...but had to lift it over my head to get it over my table saw... 😉
So it's one of those achy days. The old bones/joints don't get any more limber with age...why is that?
Decided to go out fishing today anyway because Friday is another vet visit I forgot. So, fishing report was Warrior-Cat 1---Largemouth Bass 0. Caught only one and it was about 4lbs. Got stuck in the weeds and I thought that was all I had so, when I pulled it in with a ton of grass around it I did not know until I cleared the grass that it was hooked. No fight, just drag from all of the grass.

Yo Momma jokes...

Yo Momma is so ugly the whole world faked a virus just to have her wear a mask!

Yo momma is so ugly she walked into a haunted house and came out with a job application...
Yo momma so ugly when she was born the doctor slapped her face and said oops then, turn her upside down and slapped the other end.

Yo mamma so ugly when she was born the doctor looked at her face and her rear and said: "conjoined twins!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT