ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This is what the moon eclipse looked like on Anna Maria Island,

192092445_3888446987877417_1710074500119975219_n.jpg

You know how you hear people saying "where are all the flying cars" because we're X "years from the Jetsons" and such?

I'm sitting here wondering how no one has figured out how to regrow hair like the ones that grow in your ears and nose as you get older. ? They grow faster and more stealthily than hair on your head, and the ear hairs are a pitch to pluck out.

You know how you hear people saying "where are all the flying cars" because we're X "years from the Jetsons" and such?

I'm sitting here wondering how no one has figured out how to regrow hair like the ones that grow in your ears and nose as you get older. ? They grow faster and more stealthily than hair on your head, and the ear hairs are a pitch to pluck out.

Yeah I wonder that myself as I pluck and pluck all four entrance and exit-ways...

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. Winds out of the south. Expect 89°F for today's high. We'll take it.

Must call around for some bullets and shells. Old lady worried about getting robbed. Plan on driving out to her brother's or sister's places so she can familiarize on a couple firearms. Looking for 12 and 20 ga. buckshot, and 9 mm. Probably go shooting first weekend in June. Also must replace our surveillance camera controller. It shorted out.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design1.jpg

Absolutely beautiful out this morning...sunny, mid 50s...heading up to mid 70s. Some heavy rain woke me up last night, but you know how that goes....have no idea what time, how much, how long, just that it was raining.

So, while the grass is a little wet I think I'll put some weed & feed on it this morning.
The Mrs got a carpenter bee trap yesterday. She was so proud of herself until I told her I had seen some videos on YouTube on making them....and had planned on making a couple. But that's OK. Also told her about how Bert had posted a picture of the bag/fake wasp nest at his house....so we'll try that too. We've got a few of those rascals around.

Y'all have a good Thursday.

Hmmm. Ours was considerably lighter and cheaper looking. Guess this one provided better sound
we have a turntable that was supposed to be blue tooth compatible......that is the only component we have.......I don't know squat about stereo equipment......I need to get a good mid range $ equipment to hook it to.....I need everything but the turn table......Oh, and I have albums......stacks of them........

Good Thursday Morning D League

Enjoying a strong cup of coffee and just finished reading Isaiah 50. KJV

The weather is the same as yesterday and the day before that. It is 64° and the high will be in the mid 80's with no rain. I have a feeling once the rain starts it is going to come down in abundance.

Not much going on. I have a very important doctor's visit to go over my recent scans this afternoon. There will be lots of activities around here this weekend and I might squeeze in a trip down to the Florida National Cemetery in Sumter County to watch the Memorial Services. I don't have any family buried there but I do have some old friends of the family.

I trust your day is as full as the moon over Cross Creek

192086104_843508856586754_6549383701983789495_n.jpg

you mean those nose hairs that feel like you pull part of your brain out when you pluck it..........

Good morning D, beautiful this morning. Had a cup of coffee out on the deck this morning, extra good!!!

Going to try to mow sometime today, supposed to be storms tonight and tomorrow, yawl must have done the war dance instead of the rain dance by mistake!!! Then get this, high Saturday is supposed to be 61!!! Weather in Kentucky!!!!

Have a great day D and Prayers!!!!

Absolutely beautiful out this morning...sunny, mid 50s...heading up to mid 70s. Some heavy rain woke me up last night, but you know how that goes....have no idea what time, how much, how long, just that it was raining.

So, while the grass is a little wet I think I'll put some weed & feed on it this morning.
The Mrs got a carpenter bee trap yesterday. She was so proud of herself until I told her I had seen some videos on YouTube on making them....and had planned on making a couple. But that's OK. Also told her about how Bert had posted a picture of the bag/fake wasp nest at his house....so we'll try that too. We've got a few of those rascals around.

Y'all have a good Thursday.
A good badminton racket also works!!!!

Listening to the radio and the Sheriff arrested a 21 year sex offender from California. His first offense there was in 2000. He got away with it for over 20 years in California and gets picked up by a little ole country sheriff down here. Sounds a lot like how they got Ted Bundy.

The man was a long way from home but if the locals can pin anything on him he ain't going back to be turned loose. We are not California

Well, so much for the weed & feed. In walking over to one of the sheds I heard on my headphones that it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so I'll put it off for another day. Grass is wet this morning...perfect time to spread it...but rain within a day or two just washes it off. So I'll have to find something else to do. Shouldn't be hard, I'll just look at my honey-do list she prepared for me .....
421-4217365_working-people-clipart-long-list-of-things-to.png

Good morning D-League. Beautiful day in the east after a wicked round of thunderstorms. If any of you Reds fans watched the game from Nats park, you saw those freaky black clouds.

Today is the day I'm officially sick of cicadas. Took a long walk today through some close set trees and the damn things were really agitated -- i guess its now or never on the mating front. They were flying into my hair and attaching to my clothes.

Bugs have always freaked me out. I can take snakes, lizards, rodents, even scorpions, which I've encountered quite a bit in my travels. But I'm most creeped out by bugs. I can't say why.

I hope you all have a great, cicada-free day.

Good morning D-League. Beautiful day in the east after a wicked round of thunderstorms. If any of you Reds fans watched the game from Nats park, you saw those freaky black clouds.

Today is the day I'm officially sick of cicadas. Took a long walk today through some close set trees and the damn things were really agitated -- i guess its now or never on the mating front. They were flying into my hair and attaching to my clothes.

Bugs have always freaked me out. I can take snakes, lizards, rodents, even scorpions, which I've encountered quite a bit in my travels. But I'm most creeped out by bugs. I can't say why.

I understand some restaurants are serving them as sandwiches and with a full course meal. I am not into that.

enhanced-buzz-9620-1367942591-2.jpg

I understand some restaurants are serving them as sandwiches and with a full course meal. I am not into that.

enhanced-buzz-9620-1367942591-2.jpg
I'd rather eat the rancid camel meat we had diced up with a little onion and tomato in a sauce spread over spaghetti like we dined on in Mogadishu during the days before the US military arrived than eat those bugs.

I have to shave the top of my ears and the top of my nose weekly. Plus I have to trim my eyebrows regularly. Yet the top of my head never needs attention from clippers or razor. That can't be right.

Key is to stay away from trees.

Was talking with my bro and we were discussing how inflation is running rampant. Have/had a little project to do...checked plywood....$60 a sheet! 😡 Started talking of other things and we wandered into talking about the Smokies. Pigeon Forge. Inflation still on our mind so while talking he looked up a couple prices. Dollywood $79 + tax......Dolly Parton Stampede (the old Dixie Stampede I assume) $60!

Was talking with my bro and we were discussing how inflation is running rampant. Have/had a little project to do...checked plywood....$60 a sheet! 😡 Started talking of other things and we wandered into talking about the Smokies. Pigeon Forge. Inflation still on our mind so while talking he looked up a couple prices. Dollywood $79 + tax......Dolly Parton Stampede (the old Dixie Stampede I assume) $60!
Everything is going up. Across the board and no one seems to worry about it. I think people are getting use to the government sending out checks.

Plywood will be like gold when hurricane season gets here. It will double or triple in price.

Just went to the Stampede this past spring. Don't know if I'd do that again (or the first time) at that price. Wife purchased it for us ahead of time. Entertaining, but at $60 it's too pricey for me. (Which is why my wife bought them ahead of time and without telling me how much they cost.)

This is for the carpenter D's, I have a stained glass panel that I have the frame already cut to put together, my problem is the panel has to slide into a groove, then has to be glued together. My question is, has any of the D ever used a strap clamp? I thought about just gluing each one then sliding the panel in before gluing the final piece on, just not sure about the last two angles fitting together. Your thoughts?

Thanks for the reminder... Forgot to post that I found a small scorpion and a spider both dead just under the flap of toilet paper that hangs over the edge. Must've been an epic battle. My wife refused to use that bathroom for a month after that, so SOME good came of it. That and the scorpion is dead...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT