ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Vintage Kentucky State Police photo taken in 1958. A few good men

188582235_119695156899744_4906525551271571324_n.jpg
Didn't know Fred McMurray on right was KSP. His three sons must have proud.

87 years ago today, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were killed in a hail of bullets. Clyde, a Ford V-8 enthusiast, wrote one of the greatest product endorsements ever about 6 weeks before their untimely demise.

While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got every other car skinned and even if my business hasn’t been strictly legal it don’t hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V-8.

E2EvVHGWQAEf7RJ

Well, I have something else to add to the story. Found out from my wife that her mother invited her X (wife's father) here and he is coming for 11 days starting June 8th or 9th. He left them when my wife was about 14 or 15 years old. One other daughter was a year older than my wife and the other was 2 years younger. They lived in an apartment in Long Island New York and their mother did not work so, the girls all quit school to work and pay the rent. They moved to Oklahoma when my wife was 18 because her mother was from here but not before their father came back for a brief stay before impregnating their mother with her brother then, he left again. The Girls got jobs here and payed for the house they rented. I started dating my wife about 6 years after that and we got married a couple of years later. Right before we got married her father finally (During Thanksgiving) visited his son and we did not hit it off. He told Wendy (my wife 26 then) that she could not marry me, I was too old (42). She told him he lost his rights to say anything when he left them in New York. He has been back one time since and my wife and daughter went to visit their her sister in Florida where he also lives once. Why am I telling you guys this? Her mother and brother's apartment does not have enough room and her mother told him we have an extra bedroom and that he could stay here. My wife told me this while she was buying my lunch today at a local Mexican restaurant. She has since left it up to me to say OK.

Anybody need a hard working house guest for about 11 days in early June?

One more thing, their mother did not make anyone of them finish school. Even her son was pulled out of school since the third grade (Never home schooled either) because she said he was bullied. Both him and my wife have since got their GED's.

Dang brother, just dang... Of course I don't know much about you but from what I do know, you have a decent head on your shoulders. I'd trust your decisions(s) any time.

It sure would be about impossible for me to allow someone into my home with that history, no matter who they were or thought they were. I had my share of rough times but in different areas. I had to put my foot down a few times with my "family" who thought they'd "tell" me what to do. (Not my brother, sister, or Mom or Dad when Mom or Dad were around.) My wife's sister and her husband once tried but I was the wrong person for them to try that with. The idiots would have had a heck of a brother in law had they cared about love instead of "control". We went twenty or so years nearly estranged. Now my wife and her sister are on better terms. We are going to see them soon in Radcliff. The time has not worked out yet but we do plan to very soon.

God Bless you and bless your decisions in any event.

Last edited:
How about the softball team?!?! LadyCats beat Notre Dame in back-to-back games and won the Lexington Regional. On to Tuscaloosa for the Super Regional. Go Cats!

Rained here most of the day. They finally called the NASCAR race out at COTA once our weather worsened. Chase Elliott declared winner.

Hope y'all having a great day.

Damn. Forgot they were in Lexington

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Expecting more rain throughout today. Our high should reach 79°F. After Wednesday, rain is outta here.

Couple upsets in pro basketball over the weekend. Love it. I rarely watch NBA anymore except for late in the playoffs and finals. Spoiled brats.

Monday, Monday.......

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

banner-asparagus1.jpg

Dang brother, just dang... Of course I don't know much about you but from what I do know you have a decent head on your shoulders. I'd trust your decisions(s) any time.

It sure would be about impossible for me to allow someone into my home with that history, no matter who they were or thought they were. I had my share of rough times but in different areas. I had to put my foot down a few times with my "family" who thought they'd "tell" me what to do. (Not my brother, sister, or Mom or Dad when Mom or Dad were around.) My wife's sister and her husband once tried but I was the wrong person for them to try that with. The idiots would have had a heck of a brother in law had they cared about love. Now we went twenty or so years nearly estranged now my wife and her sister are on better terms. We are going to see them soon in Radcliff. The time has not worked out yet but we do plan to very soon.

God Bless you and bless your decisions in any event.
We have been talking about it and she is wondering since he just turned 75 if he is trying to make amends before too long. Don't know but, I also found out the wife that he married (never officially divorced my MIL, time did) after he left died recently of dementia. She had been in a home for about 6 months. Doing some praying and will make a decision in a few days. My wife works so, I will have to deal with him and her mother because she will want to come over more. Hopefully, they will have plans to take him out a lot.

The only thing he and I have in common is that he is also a Vet and spent a tour in Vietnam. We did not talk the only time I met him so...

How long ago was that....

Oh, I do hope all's day today is something special for you in your own way. Be an impact to your loved ones, be an impact to and for yourself! God Bless you all...

Warm and a bit humid this morning in the Buckeye State. About 70 now with a high in the low 80s.

Nothing pressing today, but a whole lot of things I could/should do today. Sitting here trying to figure out which one(s) to do. Or should I do none?

Y'all have a good Monday....and to those still in the 'grind' have a good start to your work week.

Well, I have something else to add to the story. Found out from my wife that her mother invited her X (wife's father) here and he is coming for 11 days starting June 8th or 9th. He left them when my wife was about 14 or 15 years old. One other daughter was a year older than my wife and the other was 2 years younger. They lived in an apartment in Long Island New York and their mother did not work so, the girls all quit school to work and pay the rent. They moved to Oklahoma when my wife was 18 because her mother was from here but not before their father came back for a brief stay before impregnating their mother with her brother then, he left again. The Girls got jobs here and payed for the house they rented. I started dating my wife about 6 years after that and we got married a couple of years later. Right before we got married her father finally (During Thanksgiving) visited his son and we did not hit it off. He told Wendy (my wife 26 then) that she could not marry me, I was too old (42). She told him he lost his rights to say anything when he left them in New York. He has been back one time since and my wife and daughter went to visit their her sister in Florida where he also lives once. Why am I telling you guys this? Her mother and brother's apartment does not have enough room and her mother told him we have an extra bedroom and that he could stay here. My wife told me this while she was buying my lunch today at a local Mexican restaurant. She has since left it up to me to say OK.

Anybody need a hard working house guest for about 11 days in early June?

One more thing, their mother did not make anyone of them finish school. Even her son was pulled out of school since the third grade (Never home schooled either) because she said he was bullied. Both him and my wife have since got their GED's.
Man, I feel for you. I'm the type that doesn't like to be told what to do....when to do it....or where. My ex-MIL (RIP) was bad but not nearly like that. Current MIL is a sweetheart so I'm lucky there. But the Mrs' family does kind of invite themselves to our house. Partly I guess 'cause it's the biggest house and the backyard is quite large and very nice with the flower gardens for BBQs.
The Mrs loves it...loves company...so if they invite themselves over for dinner or a cookout she's all for it. Me, not so much. Not that I don't want them over but I was brought up in a way that you don't ask someone personal questions (how much was your car? how much do you make?) and you don't invite yourself....you wait for an invite.
That's why as a running joke I call our house the 'community house'. Every family function is here. Someone comes in town (nephews, etc)...dinner is here. Major holidays....dinner is here. Summer get together...BBQ at OC's house. Kind of bugs me only in the sense of guess who gets to do all the work? Preparation? Clean up?
You guessed it.

Man, I feel for you. I'm the type that doesn't like to be told what to do....when to do it....or where. My ex-MIL (RIP) was bad but not nearly like that. Current MIL is a sweetheart so I'm lucky there. But the Mrs' family does kind of invite themselves to our house. Partly I guess 'cause it's the biggest house and the backyard is quite large and very nice with the flower gardens for BBQs.
The Mrs loves it...loves company...so if they invite themselves over for dinner or a cookout she's all for it. Me, not so much. Not that I don't want them over but I was brought up in a way that you don't ask someone personal questions (how much was your car? how much do you make?) and you don't invite yourself....you wait for an invite.
That's why as a running joke I call our house the 'community house'. Every family function is here. Someone comes in town (nephews, etc)...dinner is here. Major holidays....dinner is here. Summer get together...BBQ at OC's house. Kind of bugs me only in the sense of guess who gets to do all the work? Preparation? Clean up?
You guessed it.

Yes Sir, I totally agree... No common courtesy among some family. It seems it happens a lot. When we lived in Kentucky in Radcliff we had some family members who lived near 300 miles away show up on our doorstep expecting to spend a week with us with no notice at all (It was a regular occurrence.). I fixed them one time. They did that and I told them we'd be leaving in a little while. (We were going to the store.) They had the nerve to ask if they could stay anyway and they'd lock up for "me". I stated no and not tomorrow either. I told them we needed time now to get ready, please call first next time, it may save you a trip. I never let them in the door. They had no issue telling all who would listen how crude I was... Even called my brother in Michigan. He laughed at them. The internet was not the thing at that time or I do not doubt they'd have tried showing up on his doorstep too. They are out there and do not really care.

Last edited:
Good Morning this fine Monday.

The weather is a copy of the last week. We are currently 68° and sunshine, high should be about 85°. Listening to the news the Sheriff reported a 2020 Cadillac was clocked doing 110 MPH. The officer called for back up and the chase began. When they finally got her through a spin out movement, they found her fully unclothed and in a meth stupor. What is wrong with people. I bet her mama or kids are proud of her.

I guess you have noticed the price of everything. They use to call it inflation but now it is Regular Old Joe. $70.00 plywood, milk $4.09 a gallon, gasoline nearing $3.00. Boy our nation sure hated that tweeting man to want this. But now we have it. Plug in your car and take a 250 mile trip.

Trust all are well.

188131720_4575292279173842_5473555427877768312_n.jpg

I need to turn off the radio. Dang. The news is Joe Biden would like to reduce eatinging meat by 90%. Or one hamburger a month. He is already starting in the White House with no meat Monday.

You see cattle cause us to have gas and they produce gas. On a personal note I get more gas eating beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts and salsa than a 16oz rib-eye. But the greenies are putting pressure on Joe to cut out the meat. Now with that I am definitely grilling some steaks tonight. I have a dozen ears of fresh picked corn so maybe that will cut down on the gas. I doubt it

These girls may be the enemy of Joe and His Green New Deal but to me it is supper on the hoof. If a day comes I can't have beef, then Lord please call me to my eternal home.

enhance

Last edited:
I need to turn off the radio. Dang. The news is Joe Biden would like to reduce eatinging meat by 90%. Or one hamburger a month. He is already starting in the White House with no meat Monday.

You see cattle cause us to have gas and they produce gas. On a personal note I get more gas eating beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts and salsa than a 16oz rib-eye. But the greenies are putting pressure on Joe to cut out the meat. Now with that I am definitely grilling some steaks tonight. I have a dozen ears of fresh picked car so maybe that will cut down on the gas. I doubt it

These girls may be the enemy of Joe and His Green New Deal but to me it is supper on the hoof. If a day comes I can't have beef, then Lord please call me to my eternal home.

enhance

Brother Sir SC, may want to make sure and drain the oil and gas first... May not give you the bends so bad then... ;)

I sat in that spot a few times. Rode the boat a couple times too.
I worked a trade show there about 20 years ago. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk. I enjoyed my stay but was a little disappointed at all the bird poop at the outside dining areas. There were many signs telling people not to feed the birds but they did it anyway.

I worked a trade show there about 20 years ago. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk. I enjoyed my stay but was a little disappointed at all the bird poop at the outside dining areas. There were many signs telling people not to feed the birds but they did it anyway.

Lots of bird crap in SA. You learned where and where not to park quickly. Just nasty...

87 years ago today, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were killed in a hail of bullets. Clyde, a Ford V-8 enthusiast, wrote one of the greatest product endorsements ever about 6 weeks before their untimely demise.

While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got every other car skinned and even if my business hasn’t been strictly legal it don’t hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V-8.

E2EvVHGWQAEf7RJ

Dear Herr Benz (may I call you Mercedes?)

Volkswagen is a fine little automobile for those other people but I still prefer your high end models for myself and others in my entourage. I haven't been able to get out much lately but when I do they are especially good at skirting all the debris that is getting more common in the streets of Berlin recently. You may feel free to use my name in advertisements if you feel it will be helpful in sales.

Your friend and fuhrer,

Adolph Hitler.

Last edited:
Good morning D, just got back from a 3.3 mile walk, took me 1 hour and 40 minutes, but I stopped and talked 3 times to some friends. It is getting hot out there!!!

I live as the crow flies about 4 miles from the Wendell Ford Training center, use to be called WET Site back when I was out there, but when I stepped outside I heard two distinct sounds, a 50 cal. machine gun and a tank fire!!! I don't think they live fire the tanks there, probably do some type of simulator, brought back memories!!!! No mistaking the 50 cal. sound!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Speaking of Isaiah...how in the world did he know about the United States some 2800 years after he lived?
Isaiah 5:20...woe to those who calls evil good, and good evil.

Guess that's why they call him a prophet.

Was just reading that this weekend and thinking the same thing. An acquaintance did a short write up about it on farcebook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT