ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Found it interesting in an article about the lack of water that there's a picture and a couple paragraphs of the nursery and the guy is spraying water on the plants. You would think they would do the drip irrigation like Israel and I'm sure a lot of areas/farms/etc do.
Mexico is not as efficient as Israel in the utilization of technology. Drip technology is being heavily used to expand sterile urban environments. Ecology be damned. The technology expanding fast. The Salt River Pimas are now using it in their nurseries. Adapting the technology with native desert species has real potential to provide pseudo riparian botanical habitats adapted to southwest dry ecosystem components. Until then we'll suffer the blessings of ornamentals in the palms. They only require little old ladies and sunflower seeds. I see no reason we can have both.
k206ntnohqj21.jpg

Last edited:
Par-tee time!!!!!!!!! No showers. No changing clothes. Eat out every day at places she doesn't care for. Leave dirty dishes in the sink. On and on.

But get that stuff cleaned up just before she gets home though.
I will actually not do any of those things. I think tomorrow though I will go buy a 75" tv because movies will be watched at theater levels while she's gone. She sent me a text of one the other day that she thought I should buy. I didn't have anyone to help me get it in so I didn't go.

If there's one thing in my life that's missing, it's the time that I spend alone. This will be a cool change.

Mexico is not as efficient as Israel in the utilization of technology. Drip technology is being heavily used to expand sterile urban environments. Ecology be damned. The technology expanding fast. The Salt River Pimas are now using it in their nurseries. Adapting the technology with native desert species has real potential to provide pseudo riparian botanical habitats adapted to southwest dry ecosystem components. Until then we'll suffer the blessings of ornamentals in the palms. They only require little old ladies and sunflower seeds. I see no reason we can have both.
k206ntnohqj21.jpg

Br'er Rabbit's got nothing on Brother Rooster....🤔😂

Good morning! I hear it's my birthday, happy birthday to me.

Speaking of birthday presents, my wife is making her annual pilgrimage to North Carolina on Thursday. She'll be gone for about 8 days.

Cal will do whatever he needs to do to get us back on top. He was totally embarrassed last year and a person with an ego like his will not allow that to continue.

Still more excited about the football program. Build it and they will come.
Happy Birthday.

university-of-kentucky-graduation-cake-ideas_863287.jpg

Good monring! I hear it's my birthday, happy birthday to me.

Speaking of birthday presents, my wife is making her annual pilgrimage to North Carolina on Thursday. She'll be gone for about 8 days.

Cal will do whatever he needs to do to get us back on top. He was totally embarrassed last year and a person with an ego like his will not allow that to continue.

I want to wish you the best of birthdays bertfan31. And of course many more.

enhance

The LRB that tours these days is not the real/original LRB. A guy that joined them in the early 80s (not founding/original member) somehow or other wound up with the right to the name LRB thru some legal shenanigans. If they are still touring, three of the founders, and main members, are now called Birtles Shorrock Goble. They are not even allowed to mention the name LRB.

The LRB that tours these days is not the real/original LRB. A guy that joined them in the early 80s (not founding/original member) somehow or other wound up with the right to the name LRB thru some legal shenanigans. If they are still touring, three of the founders, and main members, are now called Birtles Shorrock Goble. They are not even allowed to mention the name LRB.
I did not know that! Thanks for the tune!

There have sure been a lot of shenanigans over the years in the recording game.

I finished my daughters car. Well, the leather cleaners were dried up. I will have to do that another day. Have to buy some more. Came out pretty good. Another "two" Yuengling day. I am working on the second one now. Heck, who knows, may do a third one but not sure right now... Me and my grandson have business to attend to...

I miss being able to have a nice cold beer now and then. I didn't want booze in the house when my daughter was young (setting an example and all), plus it's bad for my Meniere's. Once in a blue moon probably wouldn't hurt, but then again I might decide I wanted two if I did that,

Back in the day I knew Charlie Daniels a bit...not friends, but met him a number of times. Asked him one time what his favorite performer/group was. Thought he would give the standard answer....Elvis, Beatles, etc. He said LRB. Said they had just perfect voices together, melody, etc. Seems that he said that the first time they came to the states they were either an opening act for him, when the first time he heard them...or they were opening up for someone else and he went to the show. Can't remember now. Been a number of years.

Happy Birthday bf31!!! Just wondering if you have a twin brother, because there use to be a guy on here called Y that had a birthday on the same day? He also knew Bert and ATX!!!!

I miss being able to have a nice cold beer now and then. I didn't want booze in the house when my daughter was young (setting an example and all), plus it's bad for my Meniere's. Once in a blue moon probably wouldn't hurt, but then again I might decide I wanted two if I did that,
Ooops, I thought I was replying to BBUK.

Back in the day I knew Charlie Daniels a bit...not friends, but met him a number of times. Asked him one time what his favorite performer/group was. Thought he would give the standard answer....Elvis, Beatles, etc. He said LRB. Said they had just perfect voices together, melody, etc. Seems that he said that the first time they came to the states they were either an opening act for him, when the first time he heard them...or they were opening up for someone else and he went to the show. Can't remember now. Been a number of years.
Met Charlie at a Holiday Inn pool one night. He had played in Ft. Pierce earlier that night. A couple of my friends showed up and he ended up sending for a guitar. We drank beers and sang songs for quite a while. Nice guy.

thought I

was replying to

I knew what you meant to do.

Survived MIL yesterday. Had a couple of moments but, I stayed away for the most part. She was blocking the frig when I needed to get in it and when ask if she could move she just turned sideways and then I said I need to open the door. She took a step forward just enough where I could open it. She does that sort of thing all of the time. She does not like for people to "tell her" anything. She was talking to my daughter about her first and last name being mispronounced all of the time. With a Mc as a starter, most get that part wrong as they do the latter half. She says she does not know why, if you read it it clearly is pronounced like it sounds. She proceeded to mispronounce it and when I told her that is not how it is pronounced she proceeded to tell me I was wrong. She was saying Mac instead of Mic for Mc so I told her to reference Mcdonalds and she said that is pronounced Macdonalds so...I just told her she was wrong and I know how to pronounce my own name and then proceeded to leave the contrarian alone. My wife argues with her every time they (her and BIL) come over. She tries to get her brother by himself but, their mother lives with her brother so, anywhere he goes she imposes herself on him to go with. He just can't say no. He did it once and she shamed him and actually cried about it.
You big dufuss.....why can't you admit you don't know how to pronounce your last name.......
:chairshot:;)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and mostly cloudy. Rain chances increasing throughout the morning until later this afternoon. Doubtful we get much above 75°F today.

Taking a walk after bit. Chores on the agenda this morning followed by grocery shopping. May watch racing from COTA later on FS1. I've seen the track numerous times while flying into Austin-Bergstrom. Looks challenging.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

100472223_10158340947771894_262042332755394560_n.jpg
Oh man! I just saw this..........I need to prioritize my day better so I don't miss things like this.....

I miss those days when the Director would go home to the mountians three or four times a year........I didn't forgo the showers but I lived on my schedule........eat what I wanted and when I wanted.......played my banjo till 3 or 4 in the morning just as damn loud as I could maker her go...........

Ooops, I thought I was replying to BBUK.

I thought you might be. I too never drank a drop for over 20 years due to the bad influence I may have been to my children who may not have been able to handle alcohol. I also never allowed R rated movies in my home.

Not that I have mellowed and I do pray I am not influencing any here in a bad way. I drink but, very little. It seems to have been a bit of a comic relief here but I do pray that is all it is ..

Last edited:

Happy birthday sir.....go ahead and have a Birthday Week!

Good morning D
Happy Sunday
Sitting on the front porch with my second cup of coffee enjoying the warmer weather, the birds singing and the flowers
Going to be getting ready for church here shortly. Really looking forward to it today as my older son will be playing and singing again after a rather long hiatus. I do love to hear my boy sing. And a dear friend and her fiancé will be visiting this morning too
Been posting some on Rafters. Someone had made a thread asking where I was lol
Some things over there never change though.
I think we can be cautiously optimistic given the changes Calipari has made, but gotta see them play. Need to change more than team members
Have a great day all
Well said!

I thought you might be. I too never drank a drop for over 20 years due to the bad influence I may have been to my children who may not have been able to handle alcohol. I also never allowed R rated movies in my home.

Not that I have mellowed and I do pray I am not influencing any here in a bad way. I drink but very little. It seems to have been a bit of a comic relief here but I do pray that is all it is ..
We did the same thing......we didn't have a TV in the house for 10 years.....we didn't want our daughter seeing what was on the TV.......I didn't give up the drinking until she was almost five.......gave up cigarettes so she would think it was cool.........It worked.......she turned out great and her children are always welcome back anywhere they visit......

Survived MIL yesterday. Had a couple of moments but, I stayed away for the most part. She was blocking the frig when I needed to get in it and when ask if she could move she just turned sideways and then I said I need to open the door. She took a step forward just enough where I could open it. She does that sort of thing all of the time. She does not like for people to "tell her" anything. She was talking to my daughter about her first and last name being mispronounced all of the time. With a Mc as a starter, most get that part wrong as they do the latter half. She says she does not know why, if you read it it clearly is pronounced like it sounds. She proceeded to mispronounce it and when I told her that is not how it is pronounced she proceeded to tell me I was wrong. She was saying Mac instead of Mic for Mc so I told her to reference Mcdonalds and she said that is pronounced Macdonalds so...I just told her she was wrong and I know how to pronounce my own name and then proceeded to leave the contrarian alone. My wife argues with her every time they (her and BIL) come over. She tries to get her brother by himself but, their mother lives with her brother so, anywhere he goes she imposes herself on him to go with. He just can't say no. He did it once and she shamed him and actually cried about it.
Proverbs: 21:19
Better to dwell [a]in the wilderness,
Than with a contentious and angry woman.

Happy birthday!

Then I'm glad I didn't pay to see LRB when they came through Kentucky a few years ago. That's some real horse hockey

Yikes. That's all I can say really.

Proverbs: 21:19
Better to dwell [a]in the wilderness,
Than with a contentious and angry woman.
Well, I have something else to add to the story. Found out from my wife that her mother invited her X (wife's father) here and he is coming for 11 days starting June 8th or 9th. He left them when my wife was about 14 or 15 years old. One other daughter was a year older than my wife and the other was 2 years younger. They lived in an apartment in Long Island New York and their mother did not work so, the girls all quit school to work and pay the rent. They moved to Oklahoma when my wife was 18 because her mother was from here but not before their father came back for a brief stay before impregnating their mother with her brother then, he left again. The Girls got jobs here and payed for the house they rented. I started dating my wife about 6 years after that and we got married a couple of years later. Right before we got married her father finally (During Thanksgiving) visited his son and we did not hit it off. He told Wendy (my wife 26 then) that she could not marry me, I was too old (42). She told him he lost his rights to say anything when he left them in New York. He has been back one time since and my wife and daughter went to visit their her sister in Florida where he also lives once. Why am I telling you guys this? Her mother and brother's apartment does not have enough room and her mother told him we have an extra bedroom and that he could stay here. My wife told me this while she was buying my lunch today at a local Mexican restaurant. She has since left it up to me to say OK.

Anybody need a hard working house guest for about 11 days in early June?

One more thing, their mother did not make anyone of them finish school. Even her son was pulled out of school since the third grade (Never home schooled either) because she said he was bullied. Both him and my wife have since got their GED's.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! My wife got me two larges bags of Zapp's potato chips and a card. I read the card and said if I was that guy I'd be a good catch. She said you are all that and more but I couldn't find a card that said you were a pain in the ass!

Oh yeah, she got me a strawberry upside down cake at Kroger. Which is nice. No candles.

How about the softball team?!?! LadyCats beat Notre Dame in back-to-back games and won the Lexington Regional. On to Tuscaloosa for the Super Regional. Go Cats!

Rained here most of the day. They finally called the NASCAR race out at COTA once our weather worsened. Chase Elliott declared winner.

Hope y'all having a great day.

How about the softball team?!?! LadyCats beat Notre Dame in back-to-back games and won the Lexington Regional. On to Tuscaloosa for the Super Regional. Go Cats!

Rained here most of the day. They finally called the NASCAR race out at COTA once our weather worsened. Chase Elliott declared winner.

Hope y'all having a great day.
Definitely going to be at the Softball Hall of Fame in OKC if they make it that far.

Just curious, is the longest hike and wife's step mother thing connected?
Bernie — Ha. You read between the lines. My wife’s mother is not bad but her parents split so she also has a step-mother and she can be a pain in the ass. That’s a full dose of MILs for anyone.

But she actually made a touching gesture today. My wife’s father died a couple years ago, and she showed up today with this heavy gold family crest style ring, probably worth $1,000 at least, and gave it to my son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT