ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

CSXTampa,FL050717A.jpg

Condolences on having to put one of yours dogs down. That's a tough one.
I am hoping the girl pictured earlier is not riddled with cancer and we can get on top of it. She is the care taker for the other dogs and me. My wife and daughter picked her from a bunch of dogs that were to be euthanized in just a couple of days if they were not adopted. She was about 6 months old and is now a little over 6 years old. I had my eye on a 1 year old white shepherd mix but, gave in to that one because they liked her. She took to me though and is now my caretaker. The picture below is the day we got her. She has a big scar down the center of her back that looks like a burn scar that she had when we got her.

Here's some info about current state of the Colorado River Delta. Linky
Found it interesting in an article about the lack of water that there's a picture and a couple paragraphs of the nursery and the guy is spraying water on the plants. You would think they would do the drip irrigation like Israel and I'm sure a lot of areas/farms/etc do.

Good Sunday Morning,

Looking forward to worship this morning with family and friends. Our day should be pleasant with a current temperature of 60°, wind out of the East at 6 mph, humidity 65% and sunny skies. The high today should reach 83°, humidity will drop to 35% and the UV Index is extreme. That is important information for the tourists. NO RAIN. We remain very dry

Pictured below is a photo of a Florida egret with their young. This is a native bird and very ancient. Pictures of them were drawn by the Egyptians and given a special place in their culture. Trust all have a great day.

188702290_3040177836269565_4714171845537111640_n.jpg

Good morning D
Happy Sunday
Sitting on the front porch with my second cup of coffee enjoying the warmer weather, the birds singing and the flowers
Going to be getting ready for church here shortly. Really looking forward to it today as my older son will be playing and singing again after a rather long hiatus. I do love to hear my boy sing. And a dear friend and her fiancé will be visiting this morning too
Been posting some on Rafters. Someone had made a thread asking where I was lol
Some things over there never change though.
I think we can be cautiously optimistic given the changes Calipari has made, but gotta see them play. Need to change more than team members
Have a great day all

Good morning D
Happy Sunday
Sitting on the front porch with my second cup of coffee enjoying the warmer weather, the birds singing and the flowers
Going to be getting ready for church here shortly. Really looking forward to it today as my older son will be playing and singing again after a rather long hiatus. I do love to hear my boy sing. And a dear friend and her fiancé will be visiting this morning too
Been posting some on Rafters. Someone had made a thread asking where I was lol
Some things over there never change though.
I think we can be cautiously optimistic given the changes Calipari has made, but gotta see them play. Need to change more than team members
Have a great day all
Yep, a new direction now since most others have locked on to the OAD players. Now, it seems to be that Calipari is going with the tried and true players in the transfer portal. Will have to see how this pans out. It will still take some coaching because these guys have not played with each other.

Last edited:
Yep, a new direction now since most others have locked on to the OAD players. Now, it seems to be that Calipari is going the tried and true players in the transfer portal. Will have to see how this pans out. It will still take some coaching because these guys have not played with each other.
Yes
Cal has to change his philosophy too
Quit showcasing NBA talent regardless of how they play and put the best TEAM on the floor

Good Sunday Morning,

Looking forward to worship this morning with family and friends. Our day should be pleasant with a current temperature of 60°, wind out of the East at 6 mph, humidity 65% and sunny skies. The high today should reach 83°, humidity will drop to 35% and the UV Index is extreme. That is important information for the tourists. NO RAIN. We remain very dry

Pictured below is a photo of a Florida egret with their young. This is a native bird and very ancient. Pictures of them were drawn by the Egyptians and given a special place in their culture. Trust all have a great day.

188702290_3040177836269565_4714171845537111640_n.jpg
I hadn't seen any white Egrets in the Louisville area until two years ago.....now I see one almost every day......global warming......

Survived MIL yesterday. Had a couple of moments but, I stayed away for the most part. She was blocking the frig when I needed to get in it and when ask if she could move she just turned sideways and then I said I need to open the door. She took a step forward just enough where I could open it. She does that sort of thing all of the time. She does not like for people to "tell her" anything. She was talking to my daughter about her first and last name being mispronounced all of the time. With a Mc as a starter, most get that part wrong as they do the latter half. She says she does not know why, if you read it it clearly is pronounced like it sounds. She proceeded to mispronounce it and when I told her that is not how it is pronounced she proceeded to tell me I was wrong. She was saying Mac instead of Mic for Mc so I told her to reference Mcdonalds and she said that is pronounced Macdonalds so...I just told her she was wrong and I know how to pronounce my own name and then proceeded to leave the contrarian alone. My wife argues with her every time they (her and BIL) come over. She tries to get her brother by himself but, their mother lives with her brother so, anywhere he goes she imposes herself on him to go with. He just can't say no. He did it once and she shamed him and actually cried about it.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and mostly cloudy. Rain chances increasing throughout the morning until later this afternoon. Doubtful we get much above 75°F today.

Taking a walk after bit. Chores on the agenda this morning followed by grocery shopping. May watch racing from COTA later on FS1. I've seen the track numerous times while flying into Austin-Bergstrom. Looks challenging.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

100472223_10158340947771894_262042332755394560_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and mostly cloudy. Rain chances increasing throughout the morning until later this afternoon. Doubtful we get much above 75°F today.

Taking a walk after bit. Chores on the agenda this morning followed by grocery shopping. May watch racing from COTA later on FS1. I've seen the track numerous times while flying into Austin-Bergstrom. Looks challenging.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

100472223_10158340947771894_262042332755394560_n.jpg
First dog we ever had as a kid was named Taffy because she was a light brown taffy colored Chihuahua/Pekingese mix.

Good morning D, on this beautiful LORDS' DAY!!!

Good to see you Bkocats, had my coffee outside on the deck to this morning!!!

Got a busy day today, church then we are taking food to our friend who had surgery Thursday, her request was my MOMS' chili, please keep her in your prayers!!! Then we go back to church tonight for our graduation services for our grads!!!

Have a great day D and as always Prayers for the D!!!

Survived MIL yesterday. Had a couple of moments but, I stayed away for the most part. She was blocking the frig when I needed to get in it and when ask if she could move she just turned sideways and then I said I need to open the door. She took a step forward just enough where I could open it. She does that sort of thing all of the time. She does not like for people to "tell her" anything. She was talking to my daughter about her first and last name being mispronounced all of the time. With a Mc as a starter, most get that part wrong as they do the latter half. She says she does not know why, if you read it it clearly is pronounced like it sounds. She proceeded to mispronounce it and when I told her that is not how it is pronounced she proceeded to tell me I was wrong. She was saying Mac instead of Mic for Mc so I told her to reference Mcdonalds and she said that is pronounced Macdonalds so...I just told her she was wrong and I know how to pronounce my own name and then proceeded to leave the contrarian alone. My wife argues with her every time they (her and BIL) come over. She tries to get her brother by himself but, their mother lives with her brother so, anywhere he goes she imposes herself on him to go with. He just can't say no. He did it once and she shamed him and actually cried about it.

How often does "mom" come around?

Good to hear from BKO again!

I got a sound level reading in my backyard of 65 decibels for the cicadas. I've heard they go up to 100 which is crazy loud. During my daily dog walk this morning there were heavily wooded streets that probably pushed that limit.

I think I'll walk up to Graeter's today and get some cookie dough ice cream. Perfect day for it plus I haven't had any ice cream since the seasonal pumpkin last fall. Then I'll sit my butt on the couch and watch the final round of the PGA. Go Phil! It would nice to see a guy that turns 51 next month win but he has a tendency to have bad stretches on Sundays lately.

Good monring! I hear it's my birthday, happy birthday to me.

Speaking of birthday presents, my wife is making her annual pilgrimage to North Carolina on Thursday. She'll be gone for about 8 days.

Cal will do whatever he needs to do to get us back on top. He was totally embarrassed last year and a person with an ego like his will not allow that to continue.

Still more excited about the football program. Build it and they will come.

How often does "mom" come around?
Last three Saturdays. Most of the time, we will not see them for about a month or more but, my wife loves her brother and is trying to help him out with his situation with money (investments and job searching). They will be over again for Labor Day weekend (this weekend). They only live about 20 miles away.

Long story short, we go back to a time when she spent the warm months (6 months at a time) with us for 2 years straight. She was rude, never cleaned up (house, dishes, etc...) and would interrupt or inject her opinion into every conversation me and my wife had. I lasted up until about a month or so to go on the second year and then I was looking for a place to stay until she left. My wife saw I was serious so, she told her mother she had to go. There is a lot more and believe me, my wife is just as frustrated with her mother as I am. She has tried to help her and has spent a lot of money trying but her mother will do nothing to help herself. She knows she has her son and daughter here to take care of her. She was even offered a condo in Florida already paid for after her ex husbands mother died and left it to her. She turned it down because she is originally from here and does not want to leave. The other 2 sisters moved away many years ago because they were tired of doing for their mother.

Speaking of birthday presents, my wife is making her annual pilgrimage to North Carolina on Thursday. She'll be gone for about 8 days.

Cal will do whatever he needs to do to get us back on top. He was totally embarrassed last year and a person with an ego like his will not allow that to continue.

Let me be the first.

Let me be the second. Happy Birthday. Wishing you many, many more.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy! Popular day. My sister-in-law turned 66 and my great nephew turned 5.

Last edited:

Happy Birthday to a dear friend.

I hope this Lord's day is going well for all, I am still working on the interior of my daughter's car. Have the tires and rims finished except for the coat of armour all. Do have to do the final touch ups on the interior and use the leather conditioner. I will do that in a couple minutes, just cleaned my equipment. Letting it dry. I will wash the car and clean the glass after the sun lowers a lot. Too hot right now.

Oh, God Bless you all and may this day give you what you need and desire in the Lord...

Happy birthday brother Sir.... Using a line from Crocodile Dundee, "We'd be mates"....have a great day!!!

Happy, happy. Have a good one.

Par-tee time!!!!!!!!! No showers. No changing clothes. Eat out every day at places she doesn't care for. Leave dirty dishes in the sink. On and on.

But get that stuff cleaned up just before she gets home though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT