ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Completed a few programming tasks for work this afternoon. It's been a while since I've worked any coding.

Hiked two miles in this 85°F heat. Broke a sweat.

Scrambled eggs and biscuits for supper. Drinking a Shiner Ruby Red Bird.

Life is good.
Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites. After the big "after church" meals at my grandparents my Dad always ate cornbread and milk for supper. Probably not exclusively a breakfast meal but it sure seemed like it at the time.

:cool:

E1190LKVcAAbn_V

I was playing Seneca one day and they announced our names for the first tee along with Randy Atcher. Yep, that one.
Minus the tabasco. Drink it if you must... ;)
Ya don’t eat gizzards........ now you fess up that you don’t do tobascco
Call me weird....but I like breakfast better at 6 p.m. than 6 a.m.
A stack of waffles, 3 sunny side eggs, some of my Canadian bacon and some of the Directors biscuits.....

We love Antiques Roadshow but they haven't had a new show in quite a while since COVID. They tried to mix things up by doing a Celebrity show. Boring as hell. Probably because I don't recognize the so-called celebrities and also most of their stuff isn't worth much. Give me normal everyday people. Much more interesting.

Ya don’t eat gizzards........ now you fess up that you don’t do tobascco

A stack of waffles, 3 sunny side eggs, some of my Canadian bacon and some of the Directors biscuits.....

Brother awf, tabasco has it's place and uses, no hate there, for me, not where you use it. I love a good biscuit, I love them too much. ;) I love them so much I took a crash self-taught course to make mine a bunch better. Now my daughters crave my biscuits, heck, I crave my biscuits. I am thankful!

Where I live White Lily flour is due to be sold at my Walmart (It is not sold anywhere around here now. You can buy it online but for that price I will do without.). When that happens the biscuits will be hopefully near like my Aunt Mildred used to make (I watched her religiously back then and remembered about everything. They never measured, I do somewhat.). My dear Aunt Mildred and her Mom (My Aunt Bessie Carroll)(Those are my Middlesboro Aunts before they passed.) could put a pan of biscuits in the oven in ten minutes from scratch and have just enough time to make the gravy (Kept a can of bacon grease on the stove top.) They swore by White Lily flour.

Completed a few programming tasks for work this afternoon. It's been a while since I've worked any coding.

Hiked two miles in this 85°F heat. Broke a sweat.

Scrambled eggs and biscuits for supper. Drinking a Shiner Ruby Red Bird.

Life is good.

I thought you may be in that line of work.

Had to have our AC worked on yesterday. The system is less than two years old but they had to replace a contactor but today the AC stopped working again. They are supposed to be back out tomorrow. (I thought I got a whiff of the compressor but it worked when he left. He stayed a good 15 minutes and let it run before he left. I thought we were good.)

I was thinking biscuits and eggs to but my Darling and I hit the local KFC, I had their chicken sandwich and NO I DIDN'T have any of those. My darling had the three tender meal with their coleslaw.

I am off tomorrow but I am going with my youngest to take her car in for recall work. It may be that she trades in for a newer model if they don't get stupid.

I thought you may be in that line of work.

Had to have our AC worked on yesterday. The system is less than two years old but they had to replace a contactor but today the AC stopped working again. They are supposed to be back out tomorrow. (I thought I got a whiff of the compressor but it worked when he left. He stayed a good 15 minutes and let it run before he left. I thought we were good.)

I was thinking biscuits and eggs to but my Darling and I hit the local KFC, I had their chicken sandwich and NO I DIDN'T have any of those. My darling had the three tender meal with their coleslaw.

I am off tomorrow but I am going with my youngest to take her car in for recall work. It may be that she trades in for a newer model if they don't get stupid.
Can't deal with KFC tenders these days. Usually hit up KFC for original when visiting Middlesboro. Love that restaurant. Sits right at the end of the trail leading up to the Pinnacle.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 66°F and partly cloudy. Clouds thicken later, along with our rain chances. Today's high may reach 84°F. Rain chances increasing tomorrow through Wednesday. Need a drought buster before brutal summer heat bears down on ATX for the next 4 months.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-STRAWBERRIES-AND-CREAM-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-21.png

Good Friday morning

And now for today's weather. We are currently 65° and clear skies. Sunshine will be the word. No rain. We have another small craft advisory as winds will be a steady 18 mph and rough seas. 35% humidity and a UV Index of 9. Tourist need to know that. We should reach a high of 87°. I plan to spend a lot of time in the pool.

Put me down as one who can enjoy a good breakfast for supper. In fact I would guess we do that two or three times a week. It is the easiest food to cook and my favorite. I like my breakfast. I guess the only difference is I have a hot cup of black coffee for breakfast and a cold glass of sweet tea for supper.

Paths less taken are where true beauty can be found. When it comes to nature it is best to get into the weeds

187509299_160759806057109_5475302336915360486_n.jpg

Another beautiful morning in the Buckeye State. Sunny and low 60s. Going up to the mid-80s...but NO humidity.

Another day of yard mowing. Mowed one of the fields all afternoon yesterday after planting in the garden. Wasn't terribly tall, but there's grass everywhere. But that's I get when it's just a bit too tall with a 52 inch deck. It cuts more grass than it can blow out...or it just doesn't blow it out the chute fast enough/far enough. So I'll have to go over there and either do some raking (ugh) or mow again basically in a circular/square pattern and blow all the cuttings in the one direction....then I'll just have one big pile. The latter is the best option...done it many times. But with gas at about $3, I spend more on the mowers/trimmers than I do the vehicles.

Everybody have a safe, healthy, productive Friday.

Strawberries are something we have plenty of around here and I love them. There are so many U Pick Em farms and prices are reasonable. Plant City is probably the center of strawberry growing in Florida. We have three growing seasons, Spring, summer and winter.

The University of Florida recently developed a new variety called Florida Sensation. So far it is seems to be the best in many years. The new variety maintains fruit size throughout the season and has won every taste test whether it be amateurs or trained testers. They claim it has the best flavor profile they have seen. I am anxious to try them out because growers say it has a lot of promise. A big sweet, juicy strawberry sounds good.

Of course right now growers are facing the same thing as every other employer. Finding pickers. It takes two per acre to do it right. Word on the street is Biden will pay them to stay home so that presents a problem. All I know is I love strawberries and cream

Opening day of the Plant City Strawberry Festival.

DSC_8614.jpg

Steak, eggs over easy, toast, grits, and potatoes ... all day any day, put preferably for breakfast
A little trivia that was hard to believe but since I got it directly from the horse's mouth I took it as gospel.
One of the founders of Waffle House was a friend (RIP). We had lunch often and one of the first times we had lunch he told me that Waffle House was the No. 1 seller of T-bone steaks in the country (maybe the world...don't remember). I found that astonishing...would have never thought it. But it was true.
That was quite a few years ago, so I have no idea if that's still the case today.

Side note...I think FEMA tracks the open/close Waffle House locations in times of natural catastrophes to gauge where the damage starts/ends...or something like that. I've heard that from a couple people and I think I've read it as well.

A little trivia that was hard to believe but since I got it directly from the horse's mouth I took it as gospel.
One of the founders of Waffle House was a friend (RIP). We had lunch often and one of the first times we had lunch he told me that Waffle House was the No. 1 seller of T-bone steaks in the country (maybe the world...don't remember). I found that astonishing...would have never thought it. But it was true.
That was quite a few years ago, so I have no idea if that's still the case today.

Side note...I think FEMA tracks the open/close Waffle House locations in times of natural catastrophes to gauge where the damage starts/ends...or something like that. I've heard that from a couple people and I think I've read it as well.
I know they sell a bunch of pork chops also. I am a Waffle House fan and I usually get two of Papa Joe's pork chops, 3 eggs over easy with my grits and wheat toast or biscuits. When I see that Waffle House sign I know all is well in the world. We have 11 in the area.

On the side I usually get a large platter of hash browns, triple "all the way", smothered and covered. Or maybe some Bert's chili or Alice's ice tea. Nothing is bad on a waffle House menu.

260469b093dc0c5351489f9b425eb5f0.jpeg

Strawberries are something we have plenty of around here and I love them. There are so many U Pick Em farms and prices are reasonable.
There's a huge farm outside of a town here in Ohio called Troy that grow strawberries (along with a lot of other things). The town has a Strawberrry Festival in I think early June. Like a lot of these type festivals you can get/buy anything and everything strawberry. They make/sell delicious strawberry doughnuts.
I am anxious to try them out because growers say it has a lot of promise.
We've tried growing strawberries and have never had any luck. Plant sits there. Green. Doesn't grow. And the few berries are more the size of a small grape. Friends just down the road...same plant...beautiful...big, juicy berries. Go figure.
Since the weather's been nice...been outside a lot and have paid little attention to TV, news, internet, RR and the Political Thread, etc....so I missed this but I'm sure it's old news to some. When Biden was driving the electric truck at the Ford plant the other day.....it had TWO steering wheels!!! Could see the guy in the passenger seat actually driving the truck, while the "president" ACTED like he was driving! Just saw it last night.
They won't even let him take the wheel of a truck let alone let him make the decisions in the WH.

Good morning D-League. Another beautiful one in the east. Finally heard the 17-year cicadas doing their synchronized mating singing yesterday. I read somewhere that in addition to being a mating call it scares away birds. I can believe it. It's like the sound in the 1950s B movies of flying saucers hovering. Eerie.

I really admire and envy you guys who can down a steak, eggs, grits, toast and so on breakfast in the morning. That used to be one of my favorite things. In my 20s, I imperiled any number of Bob's Big Boy restaurants in the Maryland and Virginia suburbs when they'd roll out the weekend breakfast bars. I'd eat a whole plate of biscuits and gravy to get rolling, then a plate of just bacon and eggs, then waffles, syrup and sausage, and finally they had slices of watermelon and pineapple for an exclamation point.

But I can't handle that anymore. I maybe have a huge breakfast a half dozen times a year when I know I can take a two-hour nap and allow my digestive system to work like a python absorbing a small pig.

Glad it is Friday. Hope its a good one for all.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 70° and sunny with 68% humidity. Later today will bring mostly sunny skies and an expected high of 87°.

Took a vacation day, and it felt good to sleep in. Looks like I picked a good day to take off.

Everyone stay safe out there on this Friday
Chrystler-Building_cred_tishmanspeyer.com_.png

It's finally Friday!! Make it a good one.

Mama take this badge from me
I can't use it anymore
It's getting dark too dark to see
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door,

That's exactly what I get when I go to WH

There's a huge farm outside of a town here in Ohio called Troy that grow strawberries (along with a lot of other things). The town has a Strawberrry Festival in I think early June. Like a lot of these type festivals you can get/buy anything and everything strawberry. They make/sell delicious strawberry doughnuts.

We've tried growing strawberries and have never had any luck. Plant sits there. Green. Doesn't grow. And the few berries are more the size of a small grape. Friends just down the road...same plant...beautiful...big, juicy berries. Go figure.

Since the weather's been nice...been outside a lot and have paid little attention to TV, news, internet, RR and the Political Thread, etc....so I missed this but I'm sure it's old news to some. When Biden was driving the electric truck at the Ford plant the other day.....it had TWO steering wheels!!! Could see the guy in the passenger seat actually driving the truck, while the "president" ACTED like he was driving! Just saw it last night.
They won't even let him take the wheel of a truck let alone let him make the decisions in the WH.

Smart people. Not biden... the Ford people

Good Friday morning

And now for today's weather. We are currently 65° and clear skies. Sunshine will be the word. No rain. We have another small craft advisory as winds will be a steady 18 mph and rough seas. 35% humidity and a UV Index of 9. Tourist need to know that. We should reach a high of 87°. I plan to spend a lot of time in the pool.

Put me down as one who can enjoy a good breakfast for supper. In fact I would guess we do that two or three times a week. It is the easiest food to cook and my favorite. I like my breakfast. I guess the only difference is I have a hot cup of black coffee for breakfast and a cold glass of sweet tea for supper.

Paths less taken are where true beauty can be found. When it comes to nature it is best to get into the weeds

187509299_160759806057109_5475302336915360486_n.jpg
I love live oaks. They get so massive and span so much ground.

Good morning D-League. Another beautiful one in the east. Finally heard the 17-year cicadas doing their synchronized mating singing yesterday. I read somewhere that in addition to being a mating call it scares away birds. I can believe it. It's like the sound in the 1950s B movies of flying saucers hovering. Eerie.

I really admire and envy you guys who can down a steak, eggs, grits, toast and so on breakfast in the morning. That used to be one of my favorite things. In my 20s, I imperiled any number of Bob's Big Boy restaurants in the Maryland and Virginia suburbs when they'd roll out the weekend breakfast bars. I'd eat a whole plate of biscuits and gravy to get rolling, then a plate of just bacon and eggs, then waffles, syrup and sausage, and finally they had slices of watermelon and pineapple for an exclamation point.

But I can't handle that anymore. I maybe have a huge breakfast a half dozen times a year when I know I can take a two-hour nap and allow my digestive system to work like a python absorbing a small pig.

Glad it is Friday. Hope its a good one for all.
yep, I used to eat 16-20 ounce steaks, now 10 ounces is fine and sometimes too much.

When I was growing up in Park City my mom made buttermilk biscuits every morning. I would have 10 biscuits, six eggs (over easy), gravy, a load of bacon or sausage and topped off with butter and blackberry jelly on the 9th and 10th biscuit.

I usually topped out at about 135 pounds because I ran it off. Those days are long gone.

It's finally Friday!! Make it a good one.

Mama take this badge from me
I can't use it anymore
It's getting dark too dark to see
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door,
I talked to him two years in a row at Park Mammoth Resort when I was the evening desk clerk and Eric was bored. We became friends. I wish I could see him now.

Edit:

He was with the Yard Birds then, I think.

yep, I used to eat 16-20 ounce steaks, now 10 ounces is fine and sometimes too much.

When I was growing up in Park City my mom made buttermilk biscuits every morning. I would have 10 biscuits, six eggs (over easy), gravy, a load of bacon or sausage and topped off with butter and blackberry jelly on the 9th and 10th biscuit.

I usually topped out at about 135 pounds because I ran it off. Those days are long gone.

I couldn't eat 135 pounds of biscuits and all that. Be fun to try, but I'm telling you I couldn't do it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT