ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hey, I'm a trendy term for any generation.
Ha Ha, yes you are my friend! Yes. You. Are.

Sooo close to having this driver working right. I hit it hard and any shortcoming is amplified quite a bit. I'm starting to think that I let my wrists get more involved than I used to. If I stiffen my wrists I can feel the flex of the club. Is that what I should feel?

I've got about 3 or 14 driver swings to choose from. Help me narrow it down.

We may have a member or two or three who fit this description. Having a chemical engineering background means you can take it with you into retirement.

186511965_168087258579976_8648811078377979510_n.jpg

I have always heard that you never want to meet your hero's and when you hear of an experience like that you understand why. I had a similar experience with Dale Earnhardt Jr. 20 or so years ago. He was still young and immature then. It seems he maybe grew out of it.
I attended several Foster Brooks Pro/Am tournaments at Hurstbourne Country Club here in Louisville. The guy that really played to the crowd and was probably the nicest was Ernest Borgnine. Kenny Rogers was a bit of an ass.

I attended several Foster Brooks Pro/Am tournaments at Hurstbourne Country Club here in Louisville. The guy that really played to the crowd and was probably the nicest was Ernest Borgnine. Kenny Rogers was a bit of an ass.
I used to go to Branson now and then. Most stars seem pretty nice, but Kenny Rogers acted like he was doing you a favor by letting you buy an expensive ticket to see him. It didn't set right with me. Arrived at the Jim Stafford show early and his wife sat with us and chatted for 15 minutes.

I used to go to Branson now and then. Most stars seem pretty nice, but Kenny Rogers acted like he was doing you a favor by letting you buy an expensive ticket to see him. It didn't set right with me. Arrived at the Jim Stafford show early and his wife sat with us and chatted for 15 minutes.
Spot on. The celebrities were asked not to sign autographs during play but most ignored that request. Kenny didn't and to see the look on people's faces, especially kids, when he declined was disheartening. He kept a good distance from the crowd.

Anyone remember the taxi episode where the crew finds out his dad's last name isn't Ignatowsky? I think it's the episode where he goes home for the first time. Freakin hilarious episode..

"For the last time, who is this?"
Another good one is when they are in a courtroom and the dude asks Jim if he was in court before for drugs. Jim says NO, I already had drugs!
Johnny Bench was a disappointment. Jim McMahon went from a great guy early in the day to an angry elf by day's end. Charlize Theron was a head case.

Best ones I've met so far have been Steve Zahn and Robin Zander. Rob Zombie was pretty cool too. None were really what I'd call my heros though.
I drank beers for a couple of hours across the street from Detroit Stadium with Reggie Jackson.

Sang every song he knew with Charlie Daniels at a motel pool in Florida.

I was playing Seneca one day and they announced our names for the first tee along with Randy Atcher. Yep, that one.

My UL neighbors have been really quiet for the past few years. Wonder why?
Was talking to dude today at the golf course about how quiet a former ul loudmouth had been.
Jim Stafford was always an underrated talent.
Cumberland Falls last Saturday (May 15) morning. Looking good.

E1kTRF6X0AQYQ14
Kinda cool, but what if you've seen Niagra, or Angel falls? After a big rain I can outdo that within 5 minutes of my house.

edit: just joking. Would really be 7 minutes.

Last edited:
Jim was the best character on any show. Ever. Might have been some just as good, but none were better. Yes, I took Festus into consideration.

Does the trouble stem from success, or lack thereof? Louisville didn't cheat because they were burning down the barn. They cheated because their barn had been burned.

UNC, on the other hand, cheated despite their success. It was an innate NEED to cheat that drove them.

One coin. Two sides.

I'm pretty sure we need to throw up the Roosterman signal on this one.

All those shows had multiple scene stealers. None of the title characters was the funniest person on the their show. Just like every other show. Except Lucy.

I am a straight, white, male, and my pronouns are he, his, him. Until I die S-I-L will mean SISTER IN LAW. What does it mean to you?

OBJECTION!!! Hearsay your Honor!

Sustained: The jury will disregard the previous testimony and not consider it in your verdict.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

So, just what do you suggest they leave out? I know "101" is a trendy term for your generation, but let's just have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Might be 187 or 203. Numbers lose meaning after a certain point but deeds remain pertinent forever.
I can probably take you to a particular used instrument shop and let said banjo picker relay the story........

Another good one is when they are in a courtroom and the dude asks Jim if he was in court before for drugs. Jim says NO, I already had drugs!

I drank beers for a couple of hours across the street from Detroit Stadium with Reggie Jackson.

Sang every song he knew with Charlie Daniels at a motel pool in Florida.

I was playing Seneca one day and they announced our names for the first tee along with Randy Atcher. Yep, that one.

Was talking to dude today at the golf course about how quiet a former ul loudmouth had been.

Jim Stafford was always an underrated talent.

Kinda cool, but what if you've seen Niagra, or Angel falls? After a big rain I can outdo that within 5 minutes of my house.

edit: just joking. Would really be 7 minutes.

I've seen Niagara, Horse Tail, Bridal Veil, and a few others I can't remember. Cumberland Falls is still beautiful

Good morning from ATX. Currently 66°F, partly cloudy, humid and calm. We may top out around 83°F.

Manager said yesterday we might return to the office at our former location 2-days per week beginning late-August or early-September. We'll work there until November when another facility has completed renovation. Stay tuned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-quiche-lorraine-day-may-20.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 66°F, partly cloudy, humid and calm. We may top out around 83°F.

Manager said yesterday we might return to the office at our former location 2-days per week beginning late-August or early-September. We'll work there until November when another facility has completed renovation. Stay tuned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-quiche-lorraine-day-may-20.png
I don't do quiche.

Another beautiful Spring day in the Buckeye State. Up to the low 80s.

Back to the garden to plant tomato plants (ever since the Dan Quayle episode of 'potato' or 'potatoe'....I hesitate when I spell tomatoe.) Always enjoy getting the garden planted, but give it a month or two with the heat/humidity/weeds....you can have it.

Met/knew Rogers and Daniels. That's that. Agree with earlier comments about Rogers. Wife was nice.

Everybody have a safe, healthy, productive day.

Cumberland Falls last Saturday (May 15) morning. Looking good.

E1kTRF6X0AQYQ14
Many years ago i drove 3 1/2 hours to see the falls which i’d never seen. we got there and it was bone dry ☹️.
It was a nice trip though—we visited the lodge and spent several hours at nearby Tombstone Junction which was top notch entertainment for the kids. too bad that place closed. i think there was a huge fire and they never reopened after that.

It's going to be a beautiful day in the bluegrass state. Everyone enjoy it.

A170wl8ywgL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Sir, that is worth attaching the song. One of my favorites...

Oh, may all of you think of this still as a wonderful world. We have serious issues we may not be able to overcome but there is a God in control who knows the outcome and all will happen at his command and become what God has determined. No amount of evil can change that.

My hope for you is that today becomes the day if you do not already know this, you come to the realization that God loves you. God Bless you all...

Many years ago i drove 3 1/2 hours to see the falls which i’d never seen. we got there and it was bone dry ☹️.
It was a nice trip though—we visited the lodge and spent several hours at nearby Tombstone Junction which was top notch entertainment for the kids. too bad that place closed. i think there was a huge fire and they never reopened after that.
I have seen it get low but never dry.

Good morning from The Nature Coast. Current temperature is 66° and sunny with 1% chance of rain. Our winds will be a steady 18mph with gusts up to 40. There is a small craft advisory for the Gulf. Something must have happened out there yesterday because 3 Coast Guard helicopters came over the house and that usually means someone is in trouble. But maybe it was a training mission because we are two weeks from the start of hurricane season. Our high should reach 87° which is pleasant with a 18mph wind.

Trust all have a great day and enjoyed your breakfast. Mama always said it was the most important meal of the day as she sent us off to school. I found that to be true through life.

Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida

187599219_159349629531460_1613363611132841910_n.jpg

Listening to the radio and they have on the Supt of Education. He emphasized our schools will not teach Critical Race Theory. He said the Federal Department of Education thinks they can force it on us but that will not happen. No where in the state will any textbook with that theory be allowed.

So that is some good news from our public schools. Another good thing is all COVID restriction have been ended. Expect full stadiums in the fall.

Good morning D-League. Another beautiful day in the east. The summer heat is clearly on the way that makes this place miserable (if you are like me and prefer it cool/cold to hot/roasting.) But for now my daily walks couldn't be more pleasant.

Enjoyed that photo of Joe Louis, Austin.

In my much, much younger days I dated a woman in the D.C. suburbs whose stereotypical Irish father was an ex-boxer. I was over at her house one time, trying to conceal that I was drunker than a waltzing piss-ant, when the old gent started regaling everyone with his boxing stories. "I even fought the great Joe Louis once!" he boasted. Without trying to be a smart-ass I blurted out, "Who won?"

Luckily, the old guy was about as drunk as I was, and maybe still hearing the bells in his head from being clobbered so often in the 1940s, because he laughed and said, "well, at least he knew he'd been in a fight."

I hope you all have a peaceful day.

Good morning D-League. Another beautiful day in the east. The summer heat is clearly on the way that makes this place miserable (if you are like me and prefer it cool/cold to hot/roasting.) But for now my daily walks couldn't be more pleasant.

Enjoyed that photo of Joe Louis, Austin.

In my much, much younger days I dated a woman in the D.C. suburbs whose stereotypical Irish father was an ex-boxer. I was over at her house one time, trying to conceal that I was drunker than a waltzing piss-ant, when the old gent started regaling everyone with his boxing stories. "I even fought the great Joe Louis once!" he boasted. Without trying to be a smart-ass I blurted out, "Who won?"

Luckily, the old guy was about as drunk as I was, and maybe still hearing the bells in his head from being clobbered so often in the 1940s, because he laughed and said, "well, at least he knew he'd been in a fight."

I hope you all have a peaceful day.

Pics or it didn't happen...;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT