ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from The Nature Coast. Current temperature is 66° and sunny with 1% chance of rain. Our winds will be a steady 18mph with gusts up to 40. There is a small craft advisory for the Gulf. Something must have happened out there yesterday because 3 Coast Guard helicopters came over the house and that usually means someone is in trouble. But maybe it was a training mission because we are two weeks from the start of hurricane season. Our high should reach 87° which is pleasant with a 18mph wind.

Trust all have a great day and enjoyed your breakfast. Mama always said it was the most important meal of the day as she sent us off to school. I found that to be true through life.

Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida

187599219_159349629531460_1613363611132841910_n.jpg
Are those anhinga's?

Good morning D, beautiful day here in the Berg!!!!

Well I was wrong about yesterday, I did go help my son-in-law with their deck yesterday and I am heading back out to help my son-in-law to try and finish it up today!!!!

Gotta mow sometime today or tomorrow.

Have a great day D and Prayers for the D!!!!

Saw a great tee-shirt at church last night, it read DD 214 ALUMNI!!!!!!

Another beautiful Spring day in the Buckeye State. Up to the low 80s.

Back to the garden to plant tomato plants (ever since the Dan Quayle episode of 'potato' or 'potatoe'....I hesitate when I spell tomatoe.) Always enjoy getting the garden planted, but give it a month or two with the heat/humidity/weeds....you can have it.

Met/knew Rogers and Daniels. That's that. Agree with earlier comments about Rogers. Wife was nice.

Everybody have a safe, healthy, productive day.
I read a book of short stories by Donald Ray Pollock that was centered in a small Ohio town called Knockemstiff. The book was actually called Knockemstiff. Very dark tales. I thought it was a made-up name just to be funny but there really is a town by that name in Ohio.

I have to lay off
Why? For making ne hungry? I like eating some carbon based life form parts. Fruits, meats & vegetables. I like milk and milk products too. Just not with my beer. I like jokes too. They keep me grinning. Now just so you have too much information. I don't eat much liver or kidney. Not because I don't like it, I do. I'd rather have it raw and that just too uncivilized. Same with bait. I cook it first.

Are those anhinga's?
Yes either that or cormorants. They are very similar. @Rooster will know for sure. I think a cormorant inhabits a larger territory maybe even up to Alaska. Anhinga's are in much warmer coastal areas.

If I saw one like this I would call it a water turkey or snake bird. You can better identify it if the bird is swimming because an anhinga has the entire body underwater and the only thing visible is the neck and head. It looks like a snake swimming from a distance.

Gators snack off of them.

1-Maxine+Barrett+Park+Venice+090.JPG

Why? For making ne hungry? I like eating some carbon based life form parts. Fruits, meats & vegetables. I like milk and milk products too. Just not with my beer. I like jokes too. They keep me grinning. Now just so you have too much information. I don't eat much liver or kidney. Not because I don't like it, I do. I'd rather have it raw and that just too uncivilized. Same with bait. I cook it first.

How are you on pizza? Without, ALWAYS without anchovies... I mean, pizza has milk, and wheat, and meat... THAT'S nutrition!!!! (Ala BC... Yeah, Bill Cosby...) he brought up cake but it fits!

Edit; Though if I was to have to eat an anchovy I'd surely have to have a slice of pizza wrapped around it...

Some friends and myself were talking politics on break earlier today, when another co-worker sat down with us. We were talking about gas prices going up, but at least the Biden voters wouldn't have mean Tweets anymore. After a couple of minutes, the co-worker just got up, and left with his head down. I'm 100% sure I know who he voted for.

Yes either that or cormorants. They are very similar. @Rooster will know for sure. I think a cormorant inhabits a larger territory maybe even up to Alaska. Anhinga's are in much warmer coastal areas.

If I saw one like this I would call it a water turkey or snake bird. You can better identify it if the bird is swimming because an anhinga has the entire body underwater and the only thing visible is the neck and head. It looks like a snake swimming from a distance.

Rather lame.

Lake Mead
Is there much long term hope for Mead? I can't believe how much the lake has dropped from my first visit there to my last.
The tour of the interior of the dam is really neat for anybody who's never done it.

'The lake has remained below full capacity since 1983 due to drought and increased water demand.[2][3][4] As of April 2020, Lake Mead held 42.97% of full capacity with 11.3 million acre feet (1.39×1013 L), up from 10.4 million acre feet (1.28×1013 L) in 2019 and the low of 9.8 million acre feet (1.21×1013 L) in 2016.[5][6] It has been smaller than Lake Powell (the second largest US reservoir when both are full) since 2013'

Is there much long term hope for Mead? I can't believe how much the lake has dropped from my first visit there to my last.
The tour of the interior of the dam is really neat for anybody who's never done it.

'The lake has remained below full capacity since 1983 due to drought and increased water demand.[2][3][4] As of April 2020, Lake Mead held 42.97% of full capacity with 11.3 million acre feet (1.39×1013 L), up from 10.4 million acre feet (1.28×1013 L) in 2019 and the low of 9.8 million acre feet (1.21×1013 L) in 2016.[5][6] It has been smaller than Lake Powell (the second largest US reservoir when both are full) since 2013'
The inconvenient truth is the Colorado River is over allocated. Allocations were based on river flow. During the 20th century sourced water flow data was abnormally high and over estimated. Without the benefit of historical knowledge the BOR/ACE made an incorrect assumption and over allocated to LA, Vegas, agriculture and Mexico then gave the Indian tribes priority. Our climatic ecological investigations revealed the 20th century was much cooler and wetter than averages for the last thousand years and has returned to more normal/drier conditions. With water a scarce commodity in the southwest. The tribes can and do market the water to the highest bidders.

The inconvenient truth is the Colorado River is over allocated. Allocations were based on river flow. During the 20th century sourced water flow data was abnormally high and over estimated. Without the benefit of historical knowledge the BOR/ACE made an incorrect assumption and over allocated to LA, Vegas, agriculture and Mexico then gave the Indian tribes priority. Our climatic ecological investigations revealed the 20th century was much cooler and wetter than averages for the last thousand years and has returned to more normal/drier conditions. With water a scarce commodity in the southwest. The tribes can and do market the water to the highest bidders.
I seem to recall at one time a number of years ago (maybe 80s) that the Colorado no longer ran to the Gulf of California. That it dried up long before it got there. Don't know if that's still the case or not.

Isn't Lake Cumberland one of if not the largest man made reservoir east of the Mississippi River based on conservation pool size?
I would think that or Lake Lanier in Georgia. Probably why I liked Lanier so much when I lived outside Atlanta. Reminded me of Cumberland (but much more developed with housing, etc). Dad had a cabin/farm on Lake Cumberland and Lanier brought back good memories.

For your listening pleasure...

Good morning D, beautiful day here in the Berg!!!!

Well I was wrong about yesterday, I did go help my son-in-law with their deck yesterday and I am heading back out to help my son-in-law to try and finish it up today!!!!

Gotta mow sometime today or tomorrow.

Have a great day D and Prayers for the D!!!!

Saw a great tee-shirt at church last night, it read DD 214 ALUMNI!!!!!!
God only rains on the just. I got no rain the last four days of clouds. I need to get right with the good lord.

I wonder if right before this shot the bird told the gator, "looking at me like that is inappropriate..." Please leave your votes in the comments below

If those dang polar ice caps would just melt, there'd be enough water to water all of Cali and then some

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT