ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

On March 17th we’re all Irish. On May 5th we’re all Mexican. How about this July 4th we all act like Americans
🇺🇸
The left wing nut jobs are never American!

Muslims love wiping out any Christian or Jewish history (witness the Al-Aqsa Mosque built on top of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem).

Mo really screwed up a billion folks.
They aren't so bad at wiping out their own history either, especially when its Sunni versus Shia or even some sect versus another. This is me in Samarra, Iraq in 1992 out in front of the Al-Askari Golden Mosque built by the Shias in 944 AD. It was quite beautiful. This photo barely gives a hint of its grandeur. The Sunnis leveled it about a dozen years later...

They aren't so bad at wiping out their own history either, especially when its Sunni versus Shia or even some sect versus another. This is me in Samarra, Iraq in 1992 out in front of the Al-Askari Golden Mosque built by the Shias in 944 AD. It was quite beautiful. This photo barely gives a hint of its grandeur. The Sunnis leveled it about a dozen years later...
As I said Mo screwed up about a billion people. 1400 years later his grandsons are still at war.

A friend of mine wrote this about Mo:

In case we forget....

Mohammed the Prophet was a lovely man. He only went to war a few times, and yes - he did take wives of war captives as booty to be handed round as sex slaves to his followers, and yes, he did raid caravans and he committed acts of antisemitic genocide against the Banu Qurayza tribe in Medina, beheading all the males in the community and consigning the women and children to lives of slavery, and yes, he did mutilate people who offended him and he did order women to be murdered for insulting him, and yes, he did have sex with a nine year old girl, who was still playing on her swing and owning dolls when he raped her, and yes he advocated beating disobedient wives, and according to his wife (Aisha the former child bride) she had to scrape the dry encrusted sperm stains off his robes before he would go off to the mosque - BUT - apart from all that - he was still the "most perfect man who ever lived." And though he hated dogs, he DID like cats. What's not to respect about him?

Yogi said it better: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
For you baseball fans, Yogi and Joe Garagiola (sp?) both grew up in the same neighborhood in St Louis and wanted to play for the Cardinals. St Louis offered Joe a signing bonus of a few hundred dollars (I forget exactly how much). Yogi said he had played baseball with Joe for many years and knew he was better than Joe, so he insisted the Cardinals give him the same offer. They refused, so he signed with the Yankees. You all know the rest of the story.

Good evening! Shot a 77 today. 5 over on the front and even par on the back. Played with the young guns today and it's a different world with those dudes. They can each carry the ball over 300 yards. Tomorrow it's back to the old dudes and I'll be the long knocker.

Wife brought home Chinese food tonight. Might as well get used to it because it will ALL be Chinese food before long.

Good evening! Shot a 77 today. 5 over on the front and even par on the back. Played with the young guns today and it's a different world with those dudes. They can each carry the ball over 300 yards. Tomorrow it's back to the old dudes and I'll be the long knocker.

Wife brought home Chinese food tonight. Might as well get used to it because it will ALL be Chinese food before long.

Dog or Cat?

As I said Mo screwed up about a billion people. 1400 years later his grandsons are still at war.

A friend of mine wrote this about Mo:

In case we forget....

Mohammed the Prophet was a lovely man. He only went to war a few times, and yes - he did take wives of war captives as booty to be handed round as sex slaves to his followers, and yes, he did raid caravans and he committed acts of antisemitic genocide against the Banu Qurayza tribe in Medina, beheading all the males in the community and consigning the women and children to lives of slavery, and yes, he did mutilate people who offended him and he did order women to be murdered for insulting him, and yes, he did have sex with a nine year old girl, who was still playing on her swing and owning dolls when he raped her, and yes he advocated beating disobedient wives, and according to his wife (Aisha the former child bride) she had to scrape the dry encrusted sperm stains off his robes before he would go off to the mosque - BUT - apart from all that - he was still the "most perfect man who ever lived." And though he hated dogs, he DID like cats. What's not to respect about him?
And his visions in which are spoke of in the Quran were drug induced. He did a lot of drugs to enhance his dreams.

Speaking of Knockers!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and cloudy. Humid. We're under flash flood watch until 1 pm tomorrow. More rain expected. Tornado sightings yesterday. Possible high of 74°F.

My German ex brother in-law pinged me yesterday from Gran Canaria off the coast of Africa. He's there with friends on a 4-week vacation. Good for him.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

devils-food-cake-day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and cloudy. Humid. We're under flash flood watch until 1 pm tomorrow. More rain expected. Tornado sightings yesterday. Possible high of 74°F.

My German ex brother in-law pinged me yesterday from Gran Canaria off the coast of Africa. He's there with friends on a 4-week vacation. Good for him.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

devils-food-cake-day.jpg
A lot of Germans go to the Gran Canaria's for vacation. I have a German friend I have known since 1977 and she went there this past summer. Sent me some pictures in an email. Nice place.

Warrior, you got me started down a rabbit hole with that video and I found this one. I remember laughing out loud the first time I saw this and I just laughed out loud again. Jim Ignatowski is right up there with Barney and Cramer for me.

Since the 'D' has some well educated/informed members....I'm sure you guys know of Marilu Henner....
'Has been confirmed to be one of a rare group of persons, who possess "hyperthymesia" (Superior Autobiographical Memory) which allows her to recall almost every day of her life'

Good morning D League. It’s an absolutely beautiful morning in the east. I’m out on my walk, dodging cicadas and the nuisance of dozens of Canadian Geese who are trying to protect goslings along the narrow path I have to use to get around a small lake.

Any fans of Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History podcast? I’ve just finished the 18 hours or so on the period from the Assyrians to Alexander the Great. Now I’m starting the 25 or so hours on the rise and fall of Japan from the late 19th century through 1945. Grim but fascinating.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning folks. Have a blessed day!!

The preacher man says it's the end of time
And the Mississippi River, she's a-goin' dry
The interest is up and the stock market's down
And you only get mugged if you go downtown

I live back in the woods you see
My woman and the kids and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun, a rifle and a four-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

Beautiful morning in the Buckeye State. Heading up to the high 70s today....can you believe it? 80+ in the long range forecast so like Ben101er's neck of the woods.....winter may be in the rear view mirror.

So, it looks like a day in the garden fighting with the tiller. Figure I'll get it tilled today and then get the tomatoes in the ground tomorrow.
Speaking of tillers, I had bought the Mrs an electric tiller a number of years ago. Didn't think it would be able to do much, but actually it's a great little tiller. Her Mantis spent as much time in the shop as it did the flower gardens, so I decided to ditch it. Anyway, she took it over to her Moms Saturday to plant flowers around the front porch. We do it every year for Mother's Day...a little late this year. Don't know what she did....pulled something....but she's been in terrible pain/hard to breathe since Monday morning. Had to go to the doctors office yesterday morning to see about it. Got 3 scrips, so hopefully nothing more than something pulled.....but she is really in a lot of pain. God willing, she'll heal here in the next day or so. Was kidding her this morning that since she's such an expert at tilling, I was hoping she would do the veggie garden today with my big 'ol Husquvarna. She said that's a big no.

Good morning folks. Have a blessed day!!

The preacher man says it's the end of time
And the Mississippi River, she's a-goin' dry
The interest is up and the stock market's down
And you only get mugged if you go downtown

I live back in the woods you see
My woman and the kids and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun, a rifle and a four-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive
I love Ole Hank, Jr.

Good morning D League

A nice day is in store for today with a current temperature 69° with sunny skies and no rain. I can't tell you the last time we had a rainy day. It has been awhile. We need it bad. Our high is expected to reach 86°.

Not much happening today on my schedule other than some Cat scans of my abdominal area. I can't eat until this is over so no sausage, no eggs and grits this morning. I don't like missing breakfast. But you do what you have to do.

Trust all are well and if not we pray you get better.

180472945_10223587329865135_6558814806023686040_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT