ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I didn't want to get into the wobble or displacement/movement of the poles. Trees and pavement have a lot to do with local climates too. They did some studies on trees and how they affect climates in the middle east/Mediterranean. Pretty cool how much tree planting can do for an environment over time.

Really a shame what happened to Libya after the clinton/obama induced "spring" when they were finally reclaiming the desert and starting to farm. No good deed/economy goes unpunished as long as there's money to be made off of instability

ShadyLittleAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

You wouldn't think it but,................ That's an official government policy...

Don't get me wrong, much man-love for brother Rooster but that chicken may need more hens...
No thanks, even with Elk power I was blessed enough to know one is enough. She didn't believe me when I told her a decision is a decision after having to chase the girl friends away from an eligible bachelor. I watched the whole thing. Then 10 years later she told me she had thought about from the beginning and she wasn't going to divorce mean ole me. I swear I hadn't and never did change.

Last edited:
Any joy in music now? Just curious...

Sat in that car at the Cash Museum in Bon Aqua Tn. Strange lookin car for sure but darn that front seat you could have slept on it, it was that comfortable.

Grabbed takeout from Bill Miller. Wife likes Poor Boy. I got BBQ Chicken sammich.

Drinking a beer. Life is good.

The BBQ sandwich??? Yeah that is the one I like. Bill Miller does it. My Darling likes that mashed mess they serve (The peppers/onions and tomato sauce (They dice it up) they serve on their bar.) I could eat that dark bread and that butter as a meal. Yeah, dreaming and I already ate supper!

I have only the one Yuengling, I am nursing that now. I am off tomorrow, my Darling is getting her second vaccine. I will hit Walmart to pick up a 24 pack. May also go to Maryland (Have to see how my Darling feels first) to seek-out some crabbing spots.)

There are no better tasting catfish than those caught from clean deep water lakes . In Kentucky Mike Linnig's is fine for catfish, frog legs, puppies and other goodies.

My edjumacated wild ass guess a Pignut Hickory

Agreed

Tasty stuff
699d5e5a70023a6e9734b8d3b3478501.jpg

Insane warm water fishing in Arizona's Salt River lakes northeast of Phoenix.
In 1986......the Mike Linnigs renovation and addition was one of my first projects as a general superintendent for Frank. J. Schaefer Construction Co.......I had known the Linnig family as we skated with them at Fountaine Ferry skating rink......the rink had a roller skating club and we traveled to other rinks for competitions......I was at the park the day of the race riots that initially closed the amusement park down........the beginning of the end for that place....

Last edited:
In 1986......the Mike Linnigs renovation and addition was one of my first projects as a general superintendent for Frank. J. Schaefer Construction Co.......I had known of the family as we skated with them at Fountaine Ferry skating rink......they had a roller skating club and we traveled to other rinks for competitions......I was at the park the day of the race riots that initially closed the amusement park down........the beginning of the end for that place....

I went there once. Good food. Probably about 1990 to 92 range. Down Valley Station way...

I went there once. Good food. Probably about 1990 to 92 range. Down Valley Station way...
Mike Linnig's bought their cod fish from Moby Dick's seafood........I went down a couple of years ago....it was different fish and onion rings.......way back they had the best fried chicken plate and a seafood platter......when they locked up one of Len Linnig's sons for selling reefer on the premises......his dad banned him from the place and Len was never the same and died a few years later.....the younger son sold his portion of the business to Juanita Linnig's children who are the sole owners.....three of them the best that I can remember.......

Last edited:
I know the song but didn't know this version existed....

Morning Legionnaires!

Still been relatively cool for these parts. High in the 70's lows 40's and 50's. I will take it. My AC repair guy finally made it back and finished repairs yesterday and the bill was $750.00. Ehh, it is the last repair I will probably do to this one. It was manufactured in 1999 and installed here when the house was built in 2003. Getting rid of old stock I guess. It was out of Freon (R22) because of a hole in the tubing that he patched up and it took 22lbs to refill. We have since looked on line at Lowe's and when we have a problem with this old dinosaur we will have a newer version installed. Waited all day for him to show up. Was a perfect day for fishing, 77° with very light winds. Today, daughter is off from school (inclement weather, another one not used) and my wife set her up for a yearly doctors appointment so no fishing today either. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 81° with high winds so, screw it , I am going out fishing Sunday (yes I know but, she is not my mother). ;) I will do it early and get back in time to take her and my daughter out to lunch.

Good Friday Morning from way down South in Dixie.

We will have another nice day with our current temperature at 64°. We have clear skies and winds are NW at 15 mph. Our high will reach 78° at 1:00 PM and remain until the sun goes down. We will have full sun all day and no chance of rain. Great day for the beach or fishing. Take you pick or do both.

There is a pot of grits on, thick sliced bacon is a frying and the coffee is extra good. Fry some eggs. get the biscuits out of the oven and it is time for breakfast. I hear somebody calling now. I trust all have a great day.

Below is a very old picture of Tampa Stadium taken on May 7, 1973. On this day in '73 Led Zeppelin, on the second day of their '73 US Summer tour, had a record of 56,800 people in the stadium. This broke the Beatles record that had been set in Shea Stadium, New York. Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end.
182704983_10159144354562612_4040505718965088834_n.jpg

It is a sunny 45.5°F and it may be time to turn the heat back on. I mowed yesterday as this time of the year with the good rain it is needed every third day.

Tuesday we ended up with 3.21" of rain and yesterday we got another .18, so that is nearly 3 and 1/2". The cool wet weather get my grass growing.

On sea food: Davy's Locker, now closed, in New Bedford, MA was one of the best seafood places I ever enjoyed. I used to go there every time we visited Cape Cod. It is missed. The menu could vary based on the catch that day. I am not fond of lobster but it was available and cheap, scrod (young cod) was wonderful and cheap. The place was always packed.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F, clear and calm. 87°F may be our high for today. We could see some precious, beautiful rain beginning Sunday.

Happy Friday!

Mother's Day is day after tomorrow. Ensure you remind the kids.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F, clear and calm. 87°F may be our high for today. We could see some precious, beautiful rain beginning Sunday.

Happy Friday!

Mother's Day is day after tomorrow. Ensure you remind the kids.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design8.jpg
Our daughter and her husband took us out to dinner for our anniversary one time...they took us to a place called Tuddenham Mill......everything on the menu came from the farm operation there.....It was my first visit to England so I ordered something that sounded familiar.......roast Leg of Lamb....when they brought our food to the table my food was on a big platter.......it had a whole leg of lamb surrounded by potatoes, carrots and onions......it was enough food for several people......biggest damn doggie bag I ever carried out of a restaurant...

Good morning D-League. Nice cool morning for my ritual walk today.

Good things happening on the basketball front. I've always held this opinion, but it is being reinforced: Last year was an outlier, and we'll have a much different experience this coming season. I'm not ready to predict how different til we see the entire roster, but it is getting interesting.

Glad Friday is here. Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

Good Friday Morning from way down South in Dixie.

We will have another nice day with our current temperature at 64°. We have clear skies and winds are NW at 15 mph. Our high will reach 78° at 1:00 PM and remain until the sun goes down. We will have full sun all day and no chance of rain. Great day for the beach or fishing. Take you pick or do both.

There is a pot of grits on, thick sliced bacon is a frying and the coffee is extra good. Fry some eggs. get the biscuits out of the oven and it is time for breakfast. I hear somebody calling now. I trust all have a great day.

Below is a very old picture of Tampa Stadium taken on May 7, 1973. On this day in '73 Led Zeppelin, on the second day of their '73 US Summer tour, had a record of 56,800 people in the stadium. This broke the Beatles record that had been set in Shea Stadium, New York. Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end.
182704983_10159144354562612_4040505718965088834_n.jpg

And, I liked Mary Hopkins, too.

I've been away for a couple of days while I was competing in a dance competition in Punta del Gunto. These are some of the guys I was up against. Call me old school, but some of these dudes look like a lady...

Good pick me up this morning. Love the song, but love the video even more. Miss seeing the dance cats live. This helps fill the void

Haven't been on Rafters much lately but, went this morning to overwhelming excitement for TyTy Washington even though he has not committed. Most act as if he is coming because most "experts" seem to think he is. How many times in the past have we seen this only to be disappointed over and over again. Also, they were going gaga over the mix tape of him. He will still be a freshman if he comes and the talent he will be playing against is far better than what he is used to.

I have become a bit of a skeptic in recent years on UK basketball and have taken the let's wait and see approach. I used to follow it all with great anticipation now, eh I will wait to see the movie.

I've been away for a couple of days while I was competing in a dance competition in Punta del Gunto. These are some of the guys I was up against. Call me old school, but some of these dudes look like a lady...

Got me started on an ELO kick this morning and I just can't stop it. Haven't listened to music much this year, but this was the right stuff to jump start my heart

Haven't been on Rafters much lately but, went this morning to overwhelming excitement for TyTy Washington even though he has not committed. Most act as if he is coming because most "experts" seem to think he is. How many times in the past have we seen this only to be disappointed over and over again. Also, they were going gaga over the mix tape of him. He will still be a freshman if he comes and the talent he will be playing against is far better than what he is used to.

I have become a bit of a skeptic in recent years on UK basketball and have taken the let's wait and see approach. I used to follow it all with great anticipation now, eh I will wait to see the movie.
That's what always get me too WC, an excellent player is NOT always playing against the BEST players, then when they get to college they are playing against guys that are just as good if not better!!! That's like a guy at the golf course where I played, he always won everything, then decided to try and go pro. He played in some tournaments to try and get his card, never even made a cut, guess where he is at, back at the home course!!!!

That's what always get me too WC, an excellent player is NOT always playing against the BEST players, then when they get to college they are playing against guys that are just as good if not better!!! That's like a guy at the golf course where I played, he always won everything, then decided to try and go pro. He played in some tournaments to try and get his card, never even made a cut, guess where he is at, back at the home course!!!!

State dependent learning perhaps? Maybe he knows his local courses too well and didnt get around to the big courses....

Golf shouldn't be like that. You're playing against yourself no matter where you play. If you play the course extremely well, well enough to win a tourney, it shouldn't matter who's on the course with you.

Same here. Miss the excitement of the live moment at times, because I've been spoiled watching the 3 finals run in the 90s and the final fours since Cal. Those were great times but the early grinds of the last 7-8 years have worn my interest very thin.

Good morning D, beautiful day here in the Berg! Bert we got 4 1/4" of rain Monday, Greenville got 7.1", we are about 8 miles apart!!!!

Going for a walk in a bit, walked 2.6 yesterday. I envy you guys that can walk 5-10 miles at a time, but I guess with two new hips, I should be happy that I can do that, I am happy I can!!!!

Not a lot going on today, I do have to weed eat sometime today, so have a great day and PRAYERS for the D!!!

State dependent learning perhaps? Maybe he knows his local courses too well and didnt get around to the big courses....

Golf shouldn't be like that. You're playing against yourself no matter where you play. If you play the course extremely well, well enough to win a tourney, it shouldn't matter who's on the course with you.
When I started playing my best friend told me, don't try to beat anybody else, you are not going to do it, just try to better yourself each time you play. don't play anymore, after 5 surgeries the old body just couldn't handle it anymore, anyway like fishing and metal detecting better!!!

Someone should call Maricopa county and have them try that
I live and vote in Maricopa county. Many, many Arizonans believe elections over the last decade or two have become increasingly fraudulent. Not all but you can sense the opinion. The facts that state election laws were not followed feed the suspicion. This transparent audit is expected to follow Arizona law to the letter. Agenda driven political pressure will only grow. Voting modifications seem designed to create an environment susceptible to fraudulent intent. As cheating became sleazy easy good hardworking complacent people see change, the community impacts, want answers and will get them.
banner__primary.png

Good morning D-League. Nice cool morning for my ritual walk today.

Good things happening on the basketball front. I've always held this opinion, but it is being reinforced: Last year was an outlier, and we'll have a much different experience this coming season. I'm not ready to predict how different til we see the entire roster, but it is getting interesting.

Glad Friday is here. Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.
PLTe771s_o.jpg

Good pick me up this morning. Love the song, but love the video even more.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • We had 45º this morning, Brrrrrrrrrr.
  • My fingers get numb real easy. Like today. This blood thinner has that side effect.
  • I read and liked all of the posts.
  • Listened to Tom Leach, skipped KSR. They are way too silly. A radio show not for old men.
  • Nobody knows whether or not Tyty is great.
  • College Basketball is ****ed up.
  • No White Tails so far today.
  • I wish they'd stop improving this site.
  • Dinner Deck, all you can eat of Fiddlers and Fried Chicken for $15 bucks.
  • That's it.
  • Get well soon.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.

I just received notice some one purchased a ticker for me and my wife for the Final Tour of the Monkees in the fall. The concert we will go to is Oct 13 in Clearwater., Now am I a Monkees fan, not really. but heck why not go to their final tour.

Also I received tickets to Ricky Skaggs at the same location. He had cancelled the concert last fall due to COVID.

I think only two of the original group are still alive. Like I said I was more into Johnny Cash and country but why not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT