ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Yeah I'm holding off on planting my tomatoes until the nighttime low is consistently above 50. If the forecast is right then that might not happen until the 15th.
With the rain...then having to mow when it dries out...and the chilly weather....I haven't even cranked up the tiller yet. Need to do it next week no matter what (excluding rain of course).

Jaden Hardy is still out there but he's likely to opt for the G-League or go overseas. A year ago he was almost a lock for wearing UK blue. We'll know within the next few weeks.
I don't hold out much hope for Hardy. And honestly I never felt he was a lock for Kentucky, or ever likely to play college ball.

We're in a new era. The G-League has become the preferred destination for players like Hardy. I guess we're lucky we got to see John Wall and Anthony Davis in Kentucky blue, because I doubt either would play in college today.

But wouldn't it be nice, as the Beach Boys sang...

Good morning D-League. Hope everyone is getting off to a good start.

I was glad to see the commitment of CJ Frederick. In the world of the transfer portal I think it is going to be harder to get pieces like him -- a guy who is good enough to play real minutes and probably understands he isn't going to start. The Cats need a starting point guard now -- I'd be happy with any one of Carr, Alvarado or TyTy Washington -- and one more backup player. Mintz returning would be nice. If Brooks stays I think that's essentially the team. Not a vintage Cal team, but one with a decent chance to make some noise.

A couple people mentioned the Maryland flag. I've been here more than 30 years now, and my wife came here as a teenager from NYC, and I honestly never noticed that people are overbearing about it. I'd say people from Kentucky, and definitely people from my wife's home state of New York, are more likely to attach significance to where they are from than people from Maryland.

It's just that the flag is so damn gaudy its like waving a massive Hawaiian shirt around when it is displayed.

It just occurred to me for the first time: The Maryland flag is the visual depiction of the old Sunday School song: "Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in his sight." But it is a eyesore.

Never made that connection either. Interesting

I guess the reason I appreciate it is the historical aspect. That's def old school from back when heraldry was more important to authenticate a power/gov. It IS gaudy but many of the crests and flags were very much so. It also reminds me that we're never that far from the oppression which the pilgrims and others tried to leave behind. It followed them here, but wasn't able to exert it's full power as it did in Europe.

My daughter is graduating with Summa Cum Laude honors tomorrow with her Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education. Thanks goodness she gets her looks and smarts from her mother. 🤣
Wow! Congratulations to her and to her parents, whomever they may be... jk

I'm shocked and amazed at the things kids excel at when their parents have no inklings in the same direction. Pretty cool to see development

I'm shocked and amazed at the things kids excel at when their parents have no inklings in the same direction. Pretty cool to see development
My wife is also an elementary school teacher so that probably helped but she is a very smart and determined young lady. I am very proud of her.

My wife is also an elementary school teacher so that probably helped but she is a very smart and determined young lady. I am very proud of her.

And rightfully so.

One of my nephews is so outside the spectrum of where his parents were that we talk about it on the regular. He's more like his aunt than either parent in some ways. His dad is proud of him, but neither parent can take credit much. Gifts from God really

Yeah all three of my children are in the medical field and my wife and I would have never thought that possible much less probable but they are doing well and we are thankful.

Really liked Dali as an artist until I saw his paintings in person. I was advised to see at least one actual painting up close by a friend who said he'd been to the museum, so I checked it out. He was a HORRIBLE painter from a technical perspective early on, bit got better over time. Concepts and composition were first rate much of the time

Glad y'all had a great time
I like Ray Harm. Dali and all those "expressionist" painters leave me dead in the cold. I guess I like reality.

Whatever happened to the month of May? Springtime? Can remember turning on the A/C in mid, late May (of course I lived in Atlanta at the time) 38 degrees this morning in the Buckeye State....freeze warning for tonight I hear.

Always thought global warming was a hoax...and climate change the same. Just a new name since the old one you could shoot holes in pretty easy. But I do wonder about the seasons some. Seems as a kid it would warm up nicely in April and be nice and warm in May. Now sometimes it takes till June to warm up. Same in the Fall. Can remember October being cool/cold...occasional snow on Halloween. Now, it's warm in October, even into November (some years not all). Like everything's shifting about a month. Could be my imagination and faulty memories from childhood. Who knows.

Hopefully can mow some of the jungle later today...if/when it warms up.
Y'all have a good day.

No one really knows this except maybe for @*CatinIL* but the world is moving slower, it is getting older by the day. ;)

Goooooooood morning, Venezuela!

Dam spell check is now using permanent marker so I can't delete it... oh well. It's a little brisk in the foggy bottom this morning. Will have to wait til after noon to mow (which means I won't be able to do so til 6pm or later) cause the sun needs to bake the moisture off a bit.

Friend of a close friend, but an acquaintance of mine really, had a miscarriage after her shots, so I'm trying to think of something appropriate to send to the family from our family to lift their spirits. Any thoughts? Should we refrain?

Never know what to say or do in social situations like these. My parents never passed on such information
Everyone is different. My wife lost a pregnancy and she just didn't want anyone to bring it up and remind her of it. We were lucky. Very quickly she got pregnant again, all went perfectly and our son is 21 now...

Everyone is different. My wife lost a pregnancy and she just didn't want anyone to bring it up and remind her of it. We were lucky. Very quickly she got pregnant again, all went perfectly and our son is 21 now...
Ditto for us.

We lost the middle pregnancy. It was early enough not to bother either of us much. Not all pregnancies will lead to birth. I always looked at it fatalistically as it was simply not mean to be.

Whatever happened to the month of May? Springtime? Can remember turning on the A/C in mid, late May (of course I lived in Atlanta at the time) 38 degrees this morning in the Buckeye State....freeze warning for tonight I hear.

Always thought global warming was a hoax...and climate change the same. Just a new name since the old one you could shoot holes in pretty easy. But I do wonder about the seasons some. Seems as a kid it would warm up nicely in April and be nice and warm in May. Now sometimes it takes till June to warm up. Same in the Fall. Can remember October being cool/cold...occasional snow on Halloween. Now, it's warm in October, even into November (some years not all). Like everything's shifting about a month. Could be my imagination and faulty memories from childhood. Who knows.

Hopefully can mow some of the jungle later today...if/when it warms up.
Y'all have a good day.
Interesting point:

Interesting point:
Soon the mantra will be that the greenhouse gasses are blocking out the sun and we will be in an Ice Age in 15 years..........the billions people have invested in solar power will be lost.........without the heat convection of the sun.......the wind turbines will quit turning.......OH, the pity.......

Soon the mantra will be that the greenhouse gasses are blocking out the sun and we will be in an Ice Age in 15 years..........the billions people have invested in solar power will be lost.........without the heat convection of the sun.......the wind turbines will quit turning.......OH, the pity.......

The seriously hidden secret now is disposing of the out of date windmills. The turbine fans are a serious concern as to how to dispose of them. (Fiberglass) The thinking is the net-carbon savings is already lost BUT they are hiding this aspect of ground and poisoning of the earth due to these is way worse than carbon emissions. Watch for this to finally get out at some point where it is more widely distributed/ known.

Edit: This may be a pay site but you may be able to read the article: (I don't pay but they seemingly let you read a couple articles before having to pay.)

Last edited:
BBUK<

What wise and thoughtful advice. The people who know you in person must dearly love you.
If they want advice rather than 2 lips pressed against a cheek, yes they will. I asked for the advice and accept it as advice based on experience. I wouldn't have asked for advice here if I wasn't able to hear all of it.

Wouldn't have asked at all except this couple had been trying for so long. Just feel rotten for them.

Sitting here watching a movie I looked down on the floor at the young and the old. Have a little contrast in dogs now. Pictured below is my two Pyrenees mixes. The larger one is going on 11 years old and a little over 100lbs. The younger one is 6 months old tomorrow and is right at 50lbs. I think she is going to be a monster.

Last edited:
Jaden Hardy is still out there but he's likely to opt for the G-League or go overseas. A year ago he was almost a lock for wearing UK blue. We'll know within the next few weeks.

Should know next Saturday. He posted that he was announcing on the 8th. Probably a pipe dream, but TyTy is announcing on the same day, and there have been rumors of a package deal. Coincidence? Maybe, but it would be a huge coup for Cal if he could pull it off. Right now, I'll settle for TyTy.

He is mad as hell and is not going to take it anymore

183316528_10159358687152790_3186179620118648198_n.jpg

There are no better tasting catfish than those caught from clean deep water lakes . In Kentucky Mike Linnig's is fine for catfish, frog legs, puppies and other goodies.

A botany question for @_Rooster. I went RVing with my daughter and son in law this weekend in our RV yard we had a large hickory tree, but I don't know what hickory.

From these pictures Rooster can you tell?

182413784_3916745591774329_4954426804249294687_n.jpg

182495121_3916745571774331_2868344533046180957_n.jpg

182495121_3916745481774340_3465263721667231544_n.jpg

182608337_3916745468441008_9097563219043103877_n.jpg

Thanks in advance.
My edjumacated wild ass guess a Pignut Hickory
Walleye is the best fish I ever ate. None better, salt or fresh water, in my book.

Edit: Another real good fish is Pike. Just good eating.
Agreed
I have never eaten walleye. Here's a strange one. I've never eaten crappie. Mostly bass. Some catfish. I never thought bluegill were worth the cleaning effort.
Tasty stuff
699d5e5a70023a6e9734b8d3b3478501.jpg

For me walleye and crappie are 2 of the best tasting fish there is.
Insane warm water fishing in Arizona's Salt River lakes northeast of Phoenix.

It'll shift back and forth. I notice it more now than when I was younger, but it did it sometimes back then. Maybe it's weather modification... No idea what they use that for besides cloud seeding, but could be the application of something like that causing extremes. Could be solar minimums/maximums also.
Interesting point:
The North America climate is a huge source of confusion. The North America climate has been getting warmer since the last ice age. At least some 10,000 years. The tree ring data shows cyclic wetter (cooler) dryer warmer periods, particularly where the 20th century is concerned. Things in Arizona appear normal . . . dry. What is going on? This is the Hadley effect in full view. Solar energy drives the climate. Because of the axis tilt it is a zone that wobbles with the earth's rotation like any top/gyroscope. That causes the Hadley to wobble north and south. That wobble is causes movement in the Hadley shifting the tropics north and south and can be observed in the biogeography. We have the history. The Rodent mammals stored things then buried them giving us the climate data. The constant stated of drought preserved vast histories of real geologic level climate change. 10,000 years ago these deserts were ponderosa pine forests. Kentucky 10,000 years ago an icy warming climate. Ice ages are real but on a larger scale than folks think. Our society can't think past the middle of next week. Back to the Hadley wobble. The tree rings shows this wobble. The trees evolved in biological fire climax successional communities and now still exist adapted to limited sky island habitat. More water, wider rings. Rings show evidence of solar fluctuation on Hadleys wobble moving the tropical zone north and south. Thought I'd share.
Hadley%20Cell.png

03-Overlapping-Tree-Ring-Patterns-Figure-1.jpg

Tree%20Rings%202%20JPG.jpg

Last edited:
The North America climate is a huge source of confusion. The North America climate has been getting warmer since the last ice age. At least some 10,000 years. The tree ring data shows cyclic wetter (cooler) dryer warmer periods, particularly where the 20th century is concerned. Things in Arizona appear normal . . . dry. What is going on? This is the Hadley effect in full view. Solar energy drives the climate. Because of the axis tilt it is a zone that wobbles with the earth's rotation like any top/gyroscope.

I didn't want to get into the wobble or displacement/movement of the poles. Trees and pavement have a lot to do with local climates too. They did some studies on trees and how they affect climates in the middle east/Mediterranean. Pretty cool how much tree planting can do for an environment over time.

Really a shame what happened to Libya after the clinton/obama induced "spring" when they were finally reclaiming the desert and starting to farm. No good deed/economy goes unpunished as long as there's money to be made off of instability

The North America climate is a huge source of confusion. The North America climate has been getting warmer since the last ice age. At least some 10,000 years. The tree ring data shows cyclic wetter (cooler) dryer warmer periods, particularly where the 20th century is concerned. Things in Arizona appear normal . . . dry. What is going on? This is the Hadley effect in full view. Solar energy drives the climate. Because of the axis tilt it is a zone that wobbles with the earth's rotation like any top/gyroscope. That causes the Hadley to wobble north and south. That wobble is causes movement in the Hadley shifting the tropics north and south and can be observed in the biogeography. We have the history. The Rodent mammals stored things then buried them giving us the climate data. The constant stated of drought preserved vast histories of real geologic level climate change. 10,000 years ago these deserts were ponderosa pine forests. Kentucky 10,000 years ago an icy warming climate. Ice ages are real but on a larger scale than folks think. Our society can't think past the middle of next week. Back to the Hadley wobble. The tree rings shows this wobble. The trees evolved in biological fire climax successional communities and now still exist adapted to limited sky island habitat. More water, wider rings. Rings show evidence of solar fluctuation on Hadleys wobble moving the tropical zone north and south. Thought I'd share.
Hadley%20Cell.png

03-Overlapping-Tree-Ring-Patterns-Figure-1.jpg

Tree%20Rings%202%20JPG.jpg

Don't get me wrong, much man-love for brother Rooster but that chicken may need more hens...

This....
677ef64e16100165f56c1b212b379450.gif

Nah, this...
tumblr_p6u2bt0aQa1wks6iyo1_500.gifv

tumblr_oj04ztklem1r5xzspo1_500.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT