ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 60° and rainy, with a more rain and a high of 62° expected later today.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

CincoDeMayo-1000x563.jpg

You just gave up any chance you have to ever refer to yourself as a country boy. I know that doesn't bother you or you would instinctively cherish the food gold that is the bluegill. If you've never had crappie, then see to it that you do.

There should never be any bones in the fish you eat. Get rid of the bones before the cook.

Hank was around when ugly people made beautiful music. Today, we have beautiful people making ugly music. Thank goodness we have classic stations.
We used to in the old days when my mother was around eat the fish off of the bone. You get all of the meat that way and, it makes you slow down when you were eating so, you filled up before you ate too much. Now, my wife wants it fileted so, when I catch some I text her to see if she wants it to filet. If not, I throw them back. We keep about 30% of what I catch, the rest is returned.

We used to in the old days when my mother was around eat the fish off of the bone. You get all of the meat that way and, it makes you slow down when you were eating so, you filled up before you ate too much. Now, my wife wants it fileted so, when I catch some I text her to see if she wants it to filet. If not, I throw them back. We keep about 30% of what I catch, the rest is returned.

Never caught a fileted fish before. 😁

Oh, If the day is wet may you have a dry haven available. If the day is dry may you have a good drink available, I hope all can determine if you want to be wet or dry. May God supply you the wisdom to choose. God Bless you all...

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

Today would be a good fishing day but, the AC guy did not get mine fixed last Friday and got hurt over the weekend and could not come Monday so, he is coming today but has not said what time. Beautiful day with low winds and a little warmer than it has been. Mr. and Mrs. Bass have been elusive so far and I am getting anxious. My wife need some fish!

Never caught a fileted fish before. 😁

Oh, If the day is wet may you have a dry haven available. If the day is dry may you have a good drink available, I hope all can determine if you want to be wet or dry. May God supply you the wisdom to choose. God Bless you all...
They're French. You have to go to France or a special water way in America stocked by Parisians.

Good morning from our house to yours.

Our temperature is currently 68°F and clear skies with winds 4 mph from the South. We should reach 84° for our high.

The man on the radio said today marks one year since our state opened 100%. We are on solid ground for doing it.

Today I am going to give my wife an early Mother's Day present. She likes art and especial Van Gogh. An exhibit is being held at the Dali Museum in St Pete of his work. . We managed to get a spot at 10:45 AM so I need to head on down. I noticed on the ticket it said a photo ID is required to get in. Think about that for a minute the next time you vote.

One of Van Gogh's masterpieces. Trust all have a great day

91UOqMd-NQL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Don't you hate Old Man Tom Brady. This is his new yacht he will be parking in his back yard down at Clearwater Beach. The Dutch made $6,000,000 Wajer 77. (77 feet in length)

960x0.jpg

Don't you hate Old Man Tom Brady. This is his new yacht he will be parking in his back yard down at Clearwater Beach. The Dutch made $6,000,000 Wajer 77. (77 feet in length)

960x0.jpg

Heck, can he get take-out delivered? If so he'd never have to leave that boat except to practice and play football. (I know Ole Tom doesn't eat take-out but if he did... could he...)

It has been around about 45 or 50 years I think. I first went there in the late 1970's. It is located on a creek, part of the St Johns River. I like it because it is a place the locals would visit. I try to stay out of the tourist spots and favor the old old restaurants on the water front. The food seems to be better and old style.

That is why we go over to Ozello often. It is off the beaten path and you have to make an effort to get there but the drive is spectacular and you leave civilization for a moment in time. Here is an aerial shot of the restaurant and surroundings. The restaurant has a blue crab farm where you can get fresh blue crabs right out of Gulf.

I don't like crabs......no matter the color.......I was always taught to avoid them like the plague.......I just reread the post.....forget about it....carry on.......my bad.....

I don't like crabs......no matter the color.......I was always taught to avoid them like the plague.......I just reread the post.....forget about it....carry on.......my bad.....

Crabs, Did you state Crabs?

11893933_1121535417860037_506576659816228645_o.jpg

11921840_1125790314101214_316092247200513312_o.jpg

11406390_1084155548264691_6970194906946117457_o.jpg

11078220_1058634397483473_6620719767397152532_o.jpg

I told my wife she caught them all one evening in Charleston, SC. We caught crabs and gave them away to friends who like them. Had a blast.... Hope to do that again real soon and regularly. Use a coke can, a coke can is the exact length they need to be to keep them...

Heck thought some of them were lobster's.

Edit: That one in the sink turned up is a male, the one in the bag turned up is a female. (Looks like she was loaded with eggs.) The wife likes the eggs too.

Last edited:

I told my wife she caught them all one evening in Charleston, SC. We caught crabs and gave them away to friends who like them. Had a blast.... Hope to do that again real soon and regularly. Use a coke can, a coke can is the exact length they need to be to keep them...

As kids we would use chicken necks to catch crabs. The local butcher would give them to me and my buddies and we would head off to the lagoon and bring home a mess of blue crabs. Get a big pot boiling, add some seasoning and drop those babies in the pot, alive. Always cook them alive.

I love blue crabs cooked anyway you can imagine and I especially like deviled crabs with a bottle of hot sauce.

deviled-crab-croquettes-9f.jpg

Last edited:

Our temperature is currently 68°F and clear skies with winds 4 mph from the South. We should reach 84° for our high.

The man on the radio said today marks one year since our state opened 100%. We are on solid ground for doing it.

Today I am going to give my wife an early Mother's Day present. She likes art and especial Van Gogh. An exhibit is being held at the Dali Museum in St Pete of his work. . We managed to get a spot at 10:45 AM so I need to head on down. I noticed on the ticket it said a photo ID is required to get in. Think about that for a minute the next time you vote.

That painting reminds me of a place we ate in Paris one evening some 15 years ago. Quite the atmosphere.

Went crabbing on Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore one afternoon with a manager of the plant I was running trials at. Caught a couple dozen over a few hours, went back to his house & boiled them. Along with the beer, quite an enjoyable evening.

As kids we would use chicken necks to catch crabs. The local butcher would give them to me and my buddies and we would head off to the lagoon and bring home a mess of blue crabs. Get a big pot boiling, add some seasoning and drop those babies in the pot, alive. Always cook them alive.

I love blue crabs cooked anyway you can imagine and I especially like deviled crabs with a bottle of hot sauce.

crab2.jpg

We did the chicken neck thing down in Corpus Christi a lot but we use the collapsible wire mesh baskets with a piece of the cheapest chicken you can find securely tied in the middle. We us the wire mesh baskets because they are natural weighted down versus the rope pots where you have to add a rock or some other type of weight.

This is an internet picture but like these... Bring it up fast and enjoy. Catch fish at times too. Caught a 21 inch Flounder once using these...
blue-crab-wire-mesh-fishing-basket-raw-chicken-fishing-bait-picture-id900734002

Speaking of Van Gogh, they made a movie about him in the style of his paintings.

We did the chicken neck thing down in Corpus Christi a lot but we use the collapsible wire mesh baskets with a piece of the cheapest chicken you can find securely tied in the middle. We us the wire mesh baskets because they are natural weighted down versus the rope pots where you have to add a rock or some other type of weight.

This is an internet picture but like these... Bring it up fast and enjoy. Catch fish at times too. Caught a 21 inch Flounder once using these...
blue-crab-wire-mesh-fishing-basket-raw-chicken-fishing-bait-picture-id900734002
My brother has the traps set out on St George Island. He lets his grandkids monitor them and they get to keep all of the money they make selling them to the local seafood markets. What a lifestyle those kids have.

The chicken necks on a string is what us poor folks did when growing up. Crabs love those things

My brother has the traps set out on St George Island. He lets his grandkids monitor them and they get to keep all of the money they make selling them to the local seafood markets. What a lifestyle those kids have.

The chicken necks on a string is what us poor folks did when growing up. Crabs love those things

Heck they probably like gizzards too... 😁

Went crabbing on Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore one afternoon with a manager of the plant I was running trials at. Caught a couple dozen over a few hours, went back to his house & boiled them. Along with the beer, quite an enjoyable evening.
I last went crabbing at Sebastian Inlet in FL one weekend with friends back during summer, 1980. We used chicken necks on a string.

My daughter had to take art this year, so I had her watch a few of his shows to learn some tricks. He makes it look so effortless in those videos.
That guy was quite the talent...and I know nothing about art. Can't draw a stick man.
But to take basically paint brushes and in 20-25 minutes to have a complete landscape painting was always quite impressive to me.

Yesterday, I had a friend in the yard while I was mowing (eastern rat snake Pantherophis alleghaniensis). He was about 3.5 to 4' long. I added the scientific name for Rooster.

I played with him a few minutes and ran him out of the mowing zone. It did not like being herded. I beg my neighbors not to kill the rat snakes but they often do not comply.

They are handsome snakes. The second picture is when he reacted to me herding him.
182409103_3916634651785423_2461688705986073063_n.jpg

181638823_3916634645118757_5162143397732971486_n.jpg
Top picture looks like it got caught in the spin cycle of a washing machine!!!

My wife and I are big fans of P. Buckley Moss.
Her bio sounds similar to a guy in Ohio, up in the Amish country.....
'... inspiration in the imagery of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, becoming captivated by the life and culture of the Amish and Mennonite people of the area. She embraced the local landscapes, lifestyles, and traditions and felt that the life and culture she was part of held an important message for modern society: live simply and enjoy every moment!'

His name is Billy Jacobs. We have a few of his originals hanging on the walls.

Good morning D, cool here in the Berg, 55, but wind chill makes it 51!

Had a good visit to the eye doctor yesterday, he told us everything looked good the tear in my retina had healed up good. I WILL never get over that day he "spot wielded" that tear in my retina that day!!!!! He said put your chin in the cup right there and it won't hurt, but when the nurse put her hands on the back of my head so I wouldn't or couldn't more, my first thought was, this is not going to be good and I was right!!!! He is the big Oklahoma football fan I made the ornament for with OU on it, he really liked it, but didn't like it enough to not charge me with an office call!!! He told me maybe you can make me one next year with NC on it!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Extended warranties. Purchased one through Nissan last night for our 2013 Nissan Frontier. Truck has 30,985 miles on it. Warranty now runs until May 4, 2028 or 105,500 miles, whichever comes first. Cost = $2,662.

Yeah, we drive very little because I either rent cars or take public transportation.
Of course you got yours thru Nissan, but I've often wondered about Car Shield, et al. Are they worth the cost? Do they pay as they say they do? And so forth. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with what type vehicle you have, age, mileage, etc.

Remember a number of years ago there was an auto warranty company (one of the fist that I remember, can't remember the name but I think maybe based in St. Louis) that was basically a scam. Got to be very large with very high pressure methods. Think they may have done an episode of American Greed about it. Always left a bad taste in my mouth with the Car Shields of the world.

Checking in late today. Looks like the D-League is cooking along.

Crabs are a huge thing here in Maryland. It's the unofficial state symbol, and in recent years you see a crab silhouette with the state flag colors in the back windshield of cars as an indicator of state pride. I can take them or leave them, but always enjoyed the summer crab feasts where a few guys would go together and buy a bushel of them, a bunch of beer and corn on the cob and just get half loaded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT