ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I took the opportunity to boycott Coca Cola today. I hope every person in America with any sense will do the same thing. No company, institution, or celebrity can exist without the support of white conservatives. I will not be demonized for providing the world that lazy dumbass people take advantage of.
Ha ha, I hear ya. I boycotted and stopped drinking Cokes years ago. Last soft drink for me was an Ale-8-One over Christmas. None since. Too much sugar and corn syrup. That stuff kills people.

Just finished watching on Cincy local Star 64 station a spliced together, sound-matched partial (most of it) replay of UC beating OSU in OT 70-65 for the 1961 NCAA title. Apparently, no full version exists and the film was shot by someone in UC's athletic department & this new release is the best there is. Because UC brought a limited amount of film, portions of the game from the ball being inbounded to ball in frontcourt were not filmed. A couple of views were from the opposite side of the court, apparently from another film source. The play-by-play was by a local weatherman !! at the time named Darrell Parks. It was the first time this has ever been shown. Cool to watch.

Few things:
- Defense was loose as fouls were tightly called.
- Player movement was slow & recognition of people open for passes was poor by both teams.
- Both teams played just 7 players with UC having maybe 3 minutes total of subs. Three fouls in first half by two UC starters & they stayed in the game for most of half even then.
- Weird watching all fouls being shot and then with just one shot till the bonus. Of course no 3 point shots so longest shot I recall was with one foot on the top of the key.
- Tony Yates was bad. Didn't have a jump shot (used a set shot, one-hand), his layup misses bounded halfway to the foul line, and he missed a layup when 10 feet ahead of the OSU D. He could dribble, chew gum, & play D.
- Bob Knight played 6-8 minutes & looked lost for the most part.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and cloudy. Our high should reach 80°F. We may see upper-90s by end of the week. Bah!

Championship game tonight. Should be a good one.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League member.

4.5.Pizza-800-x-528-696x435.jpg

Good morning D League. Hope you all had a good weekend.

I’m not quite ready for Monday, but Monday has come for me, so time to meet it.

My wife gets back from her getaway to see her aunt in NYC late morning. Sounds like she had a great weekend. Next time I’ll tag along.

My interest has grown in the title game tonight after the weekend games. Baylor looked better on Saturday but you never know until teams are on the court together.

That said, I’ve spent some time in Waco and liked the place. And Baylor is owed one after losing the championship to Kentucky in 1948. So go Bears.

By the way, it just occurred to me:

The basketball legend Elgin BAYLOR who recently passed away played his last game against Kentucky in the 1958 championship.

And now BAYLOR University is back in the championship game for the first time since losing to Kentucky in the 1948 championship.

What can it mean? Is it just a coincidence? Yeah I guess so. But it’s fun to remember the legacy.

Good Morning D League

It is nice to see some new faces on the D League, welcome all.

We are in store for another beautiful day. Lots of sunshine and clear skies. I could copy and paste yesterday's weather.

I am looking forward to tonight's game. I can pull for either team. I enjoy Baylor and since they have not been in the Final Game since the 1940's it would be nice to see them win it. I enjoy Gonzaga as much as any team I have watched this year. Their style of play brings back memories of great Kentucky teams in the past. Sharp, crisp passing, movement of the ball, players in motion. Just good fundamentals. Plus I think it would be nice to see an undefeated National Champion again. 1976 was a long time ago. So Go Zags and Go Bears, may the best team win. And let's pray the referees stay out of the game and let the players win or lose it on the court. Relax, pop some corn, throw out Coca Cola and have some fun.

In preparation of the game I am going to catch up on some work in the garage.

enhance

Bom dia,

This morning I would like to point out one of the many positives of the D.

Reading the various mentions of daily walks and such, I have been getting my fat butt up and out walking this past week. I went for a walkabout in the neighborhood again yesterday. This time two miles. It might not seem like a lot, but it is a good start. With yard work and chores, I hit just over four miles total yesterday.

I took a vacation day today, and I am glad I did. I am hoping to kick out more of my pressure washing. The original owners had my house built in 1959, and as they grew older, things were naturally let go. So the whole place needed a deep clean and sprucing up.

Ramble off/ :)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and cloudy. Our high should reach 80°F. We may see upper-90s by end of the week. Bah!

Championship game tonight. Should be a good one.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League member.

4.5.Pizza-800-x-528-696x435.jpg

Pizza, my favorite fruit. Dang, this is probably the longest stretch without pizza I have gone in, I can't remember. Going to have to indulge soon.

Sitting outside the DC VA waiting a bit before I go in for my China Virus 1st vaccine. I have about an hour. Had my apple already. Now sipping on my coffee.

God Bless you all today and may you engulf yourselves in the love of your families. If you don't have much family, seek and make family in your heart. Many suffer the loss of love. There is plenty of love in this world, seek it out, it is worth it.

Last edited:
I took the opportunity to boycott Coca Cola today. I hope every person in America with any sense will do the same thing. No company, institution, or celebrity can exist without the support of white conservatives. I will not be demonized for providing the world that lazy dumbass people take advantage of.
Told my wife yesterday no more Coke. She and my daughter had already switched to Sam's Sugar free cola because it is pretty good and cheaper. I was hanging on to Coke until yesterday.

Morning D
Just got up. Haven’t slept this late on a weekday in almost 2 years
Coffee is brewing. Rob makes such good coffee. He always has mine ready to go..and he doesn’t drink it himself. That’s love gentlemen
Curious...did any of you get into the MCU?
Anyway..gonna spend the few day days trying to get my house in order
Wish me luck

Good morning! Got less than 4 hours of snooze last night. My circadian rhythm has two left feet and can't carry a tune. Will make up for it tonight. Rinse. Repeat.

@warrior-cat : No drugs were wasted in the making of that video.

@Bkocats : what is MCU?

On my way to Rural King this morning to pick up where I left off yesterday. Gonna be sporting my lily white legs for all to see because it's shorts from here on out.

Hope everyone has a better day than me!

Anybody besides Austin and his obsessive search for pocket change have an OCD habit?

Here's mine: When my daughter was about 12, she had asthma and didn't like to exercise for that reason. But we knew from doctors she needed to. So I invented a game: We live near a woods, but walking in the other direction, you can get to the Washington Metro subway line in less than a mile. And over there, there are lots of upscale condo developments.

People come from all over the US to live in that area and to ride the subway to jobs in DC as bureaucrats or in state lawmakers' offices or whatever.

So the game I invented was looking for DIFFERENT state license plates: How many states could we find over a weekend? She kept notes on her phone. We'd walk through parking lots and down side streets glancing at license plates. We'd knock off a few mile walk, and she wouldn't realize she was exercising.

Anyway, we did it for years, my daughter got her exercise, and it became a compulsion with me. She's living in Texas now and teaching school but I still do it.
And over the weekend I spotted: 34 different state plates, also DC, the Choctaw Nation (they have their own Oklahoma Plate!) several Diplomatic plates (they do whatever they want and ignore all tickets and fines) and finally a plate from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

It's pretty amazing to me that people from states representing almost 70 percent of the country live within walking distance of my house. (I texted my daughter and she's determined that when she comes for a visit next we break that record!)

Last edited:
Anybody besides Austin and his obsessive search for pocket change have an OCD habit?

Here's mine: When my daughter was about 12, she had asthma and didn't like to exercise for that reason. But we knew from doctors she needed to. So I invented a game: We live near a woods, but walking in the other direction, you can get to the Washington Metro subway line in less than a mile. And over there, there are lots of upscale condo developments.

People come from all over the US to live in that area and to ride the subway to jobs in DC as bureaucrats or in state lawmakers' offices or whatever.

So the game I invented was looking for DIFFERENT state license plates: How many states could we find over a weekend? She kept notes on her phone. We'd walk through parking lots and down side streets glancing at license plates. We'd knock off a few mile walk, and she wouldn't realize she was exercising.

Anyway, we did it for years, my daughter got her exercise, and it became a compulsion with me. She's living in Texas now and teaching school but I still do it.
And over the weekend I spotted: 34 different state plates, also DC, the Choctaw Nation (they have their own Oklahoma Plate!) several Diplomatic plates (they do whatever they want and ignore all tickets and fines) and finally a plate from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

It's pretty amazing to me that people from states representing almost 70 percent of the country live within walking distance of my house. (I texted my daughter and she's determined that when she comes for a visit next we break that record!)
I don't know if this is considered OCD or not but, if I miss more than 2 days of working out I am unhappy and must make it up. I know that the modern thought is that sometimes you need a break from working out to break up the monotony and plateau affect but, I still hate it.

Good morning! Got less than 4 hours of snooze last night. My circadian rhythm has two left feet and can't carry a tune. Will make up for it tonight. Rinse. Repeat.

@warrior-cat : No drugs were wasted in the making of that video.

@Bkocats : what is MCU?

On my way to Rural King this morning to pick up where I left off yesterday. Gonna be sporting my lily white legs for all to see because it's shorts from here on out.

Hope everyone has a better day than me!

I just got a good chance to read your post. You ought not eat those... Though some say you can...

th

I'm in the process of cutting out soda altogether, so I won't be drinking any Coke either.

Told my wife yesterday no more Coke. She and my daughter had already switched to Sam's Sugar free cola because it is pretty good and cheaper. I was hanging on to Coke until yesterday.

My last 2 cokes are in the fridge. 1 is as old as the "be less white" revelation. 1 was purchased for me by someone. I hope they're my last. It's been tough to kick the habit as much as I like it above all other (available) sodas. Hate Pepsi worse than coke, but there's rarely any RC Cola down here.

I'm in the process of cutting out soda altogether, so I won't be drinking any Coke either.
I just heard on the radio that the State of Georgia will be or has already banned Coca Cola from their office buildings. State wide. Sounds like they are going to tell them to remove the vending machines too.

Now for something funny. Would America embrace Coca Cola if they knew a Confederate Veteran "invented" the drink? Lt Col. John Pemberton, Georgia Third Cavalry, CSA. invented Coca Cola circa 1886. From Dixie With Love. LOL

If they still taught history in schools, people would have known that and Coca Cola would have been run out of business by the WOKE crowd a long time ago. Now Coke is the choice of the WOKE You can't make this stuff up.

I just got a good chance to read your post. You ought not eat those... Though some say you can...

th
The 17 year ones come back to my area this year. People do cook them. They are not friends of mine.
Every time I hear this song, I think of Ferris Bueller.
It's the Ferris Bueller theme song. Life moves pretty fast, if you don't look around you might miss it!
Good! Tell everyone you can. Also don't forget all the other products they try to sneak in on us.

I just stopped in for a moment to grab a couple of tools and then it's up to the course to work on my cart.

Needed some lunch and almost stopped at DQ and McD's but both had lines. Decided to go to hole in the wall diner and get an old fashioned burger. Took about 20 minutes but it was worth it. It was more like one that I had made for myself at home. Bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and a thin layer of mayo top and bottom. It never had a chance.

See ya'll later!

Afternoon (for some) D
Happy Day after Easter.
Leftover lasagna & garlic bread for lunch. It's like deep dish pizza, same ingredients minus the pasta.
Rooting for Baylor tonight...I think? Maybe the Zags too, heck I don't know.
Dentist appt today. I like to eat a box of Oreos before I go in...make the dental hygienist earn her money!
I only drink sodas on Thursday or Friday night & sometimes Saturday nights...I usually mix in a little whiskey to dilute the soda.
giphy-downsized.gif

Is there still such a thing as white noise? Or is it called something else...
Pink noise is available if you prefer. Just saying. ;)

Afternoon (for some) D
Happy Day after Easter.
Leftover lasagna & garlic bread for lunch. It's like deep dish pizza, same ingredients minus the pasta.
Rooting for Baylor tonight...I think? Maybe the Zags too, heck I don't know.
Dentist appt today. I like to eat a box of Oreos before I go in...make the dental hygienist earn her money!
I only drink sodas on Thursday or Friday night & sometimes Saturday nights...I usually mix in a little whiskey to dilute the soda.
giphy-downsized.gif
I am really glad you are back amounst us D-Leaguers.

Keep posting and don't mess up the whisky with soda! Geeze you darned Hoosiers! 🤣

The 17 year ones come back to my area this year. People do cook them. They are not friends of mine.

It's the Ferris Bueller theme song. Life moves pretty fast, if you don't look around you might miss it!

Good! Tell everyone you can. Also don't forget all the other products they try to sneak in on us.

I just stopped in for a moment to grab a couple of tools and then it's up to the course to work on my cart.

Needed some lunch and almost stopped at DQ and McD's but both had lines. Decided to go to hole in the wall diner and get an old fashioned Cicada burger. Took about 20 minutes but it was worth it. It was more like one that I had made for myself at home. Cicada Bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and a thin layer of mayo top and bottom. It never had a chance. (Almost flew away...but I caught it.)

See ya'll later!

fify

197-1971563_smiley-png-big-smile-emoji.png

I checked my banana peppers and wanted to report to the D. Things are looking good. I expect a bumper crop and plenty of fried banana peppers for supper.

I do love my fried banana peppers and my fried crooked neck squash

mid-city-grill.jpg

Fried-Yellow-Squash-6.jpg

Looks amazing. (have you ever use your air fryer to fry those? Just curious) Those are my kind of groceries...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT