ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Back from my fishing day and the fish blanked me again. It is still colder than usual and others I know are having the same problem. Darn global climate change racist energy keeping sun. There where bass I could actually see (3 of them). 2 stayed close to the bank and were chasing bluegill. One was about 3 pounds at least and I tried all kind of lures right in front of them and nothing. I felt like Harris from Major League:

"I'm throwing everything I can at em skipper, I think I got enough for one more."
I thought fishing was hooking something. Or is it sticking a line with a hook in the water and napping?

I'm in for the night. Mowed the grass today and even used my refurbished cart to haul some limbs to the burn pile.

Went to the golf course and installed a speaker and the 2 led lights on my cart. Took it for a test drive and it is not acceptable. Shakes way too much for my liking and looks like something would break sooner than later. Back to the drawing board. I have another idea that I'll try out this coming week.

Have to check my mail. Use Wells for a while too. Their interest is horrible in comparison to others but they are convenient. All eggs not in one basket.

Mrs and BBUK's 38th today.(Had to figure it out, quit counting long ago.)(Let's see if any of our children remember.)

Actually celebrating BOB's birthday today. He is turning two on the 6th. (Grandma and Grandpa bought him a tablet. He runs a phone like a pro. Have to wrap it.) My darling made beef ribs I will throw on the barbeque about noon and then take them over to my daughter's apartment along with some potato salad and some chop chai noodles.

Oh, My prayer for you all today is that you all find favor with others so your way today is made easy and with joy. God Bless you all...
95437250-happy-38th-anniversary-celebration-with-golden-confetti-and-spotlight.jpg

Have to check my mail. Use Wells for a while too. Their interest is horrible in comparison to others but they are convenient. All eggs not in one basket.

Mrs and BBUK's 38th today.(Had to figure it out, quit counting long ago.)(Let's see if any of our children remember.)

Actually celebrating BOB's birthday today. He is turning two on the 6th. (Grandma and Grandpa bought him a tablet. He runs a phone like a pro. Have to wrap it.) My darling made beef ribs I will throw on the barbeque about noon and then take them over to my daughter's apartment along with some potato salad and some chop chai noodles.

Oh, My prayer for you all today is that you all find favor with others so your way today is made easy and with joy. God Bless you all...
Happy 38th. Wishing y'all many, many more.

I know many on here don't care about the Final 4 this year (I understand) so I'll give you a quick update. Baylor is annihilating Houston at the half. Embarrassingly so. 45-20.
Assuming Gonzaga doesn’t lay a colossal egg, it’ll be an entertaining Final. None of these teams would be special in a normal year. But Baylor and Gonzaga are clearly the best of this year.
Very much so. Happy for the team 90 miles north off I-35. Well played. Sic 'em, Bears!

First shot at doing a "day before turkey" for Easter. 19-pounder. It's not a pretty presentation but supposedly really moist. I miss the days when Mom cooked the holiday feasts. Us kids have been taking on the job now for the past several years.

Last edited:
BBQ Ribs?...........I must have missed what time at your daughter's apartment?.......Happy Anniversary........and Happy Birthday to the...."Little Big Guy".........
Yeah, just got back. They are all busy doing other things now. Me and my darling took a trip to the Korean market and picked up some Mackerel. Had them cleaned, de-headed, and butterflied. My Darling will put a little seasoning on them and we may barbeque those for tomorrow's supper.

The ribs were of the Kalbi variety. They looked something like the below but we buy them raw and my Darling seasons and marinates them. (I did the barbequing this time. Had about 15 pounds or so.) (I have pics but am too lazy to transfer them to facebook right now.)

20190619-korean-bbq-kalbi-beef-short-ribs-vicky-wasik-21-1500x1125.jpg

My darling also made Bulgogi and Chop Chai noodles something like the below: (I will post our pics at another time.)

bulgogi-4.jpg

2f04a67bb559b56cace142dfb22f0d86.jpg

Not at all bragging but my darlings was much better looking and I know better tasting.

Oh and she made some Potato salad too.

My wife worked way too hard today on our day but it was BOB's birthday celebration THOUGH the food was really enjoyed by the grown-ups though BOB loves the Bulgogi and noodles...

Yeah, just got back. They are all busy doing other things now. Me and my darling took a trip to the Korean market and picked up some Mackerel. Had them cleaned, de-headed, and butterflied. My Darling will put a little seasoning on them and we may barbeque those for tomorrow's supper.

The ribs were of the Kalbi variety. They looked something like the below but we buy them raw and my Darling seasons and marinates them. (I did the barbequing this time. Had about 15 pounds or so.) (I have pics but am too lazy to transfer them to facebook right now.)

My darling also made Bulgogi and Chop Chai noodles something like the below: (I will post our pics at another time.)

bulgogi-4.jpg

Not at all bragging but my darlings was much better looking and I know better tasting.

My wife worked way too hard today on our day but it was BOB's birthday celebration THOUGH the food was really enjoyed by the grown-ups though BOB loves the Bulgogi and noodles...
My wife introduced me to Korean BBQ. Her best friend, Maid-of-honor is married to a Korean 17-years her senior. Excellent cuisine.

bulgogi-4.jpg

Never had asparagus and my wife made some tonight. Might be a weekly thing for a while. Man that was good.

I love asparagus as well, especially with bacon wrapped around it. It's also good with Knorr's bearnaise or hollandaise sauce on it.
I'm not big on condiments or most other sauces slathered on anything. BBQ sauce ok but, nothing else. All meat need only be salted and peppered and perhaps on occasion garlic. My wife says I'm a chef's nightmare. Keep it simple, like me.

They're already calling this one of the greatest Final 4 games ever. Of course they have to compare it to the 1992 Laettner game that we UK fans have to try and forget.
When I saw that shot go in I thought, now play this for the next 30 years over and over and over. The shot by the freshman was much more spectacular than Laettner's unguarded turn around.

They say a team that wins the championship will be tested before they cut down the nets. Gonzaga was tested last night about as much as you can get tested. And they won by the skin of their teeth. They could have folded like Kentucky did in 2015 but they kept matching shot for shot. UCLA did not lose they just ran out of time.

This sets up a great match for Monday night.

Good Easter Morning

This is a special day for those of us who follow the Christian faith. A day God conquered death and gave hope for all. Hope that is fulfilled through simple faith because He paid the cost. All we are required to do is accept it and follow Him.

I trust all have a good day, the weather here is perfect for Easter Sunday with plenty of sunshine and comfortable temperatures. I pray you can spend time with family or friends and the message of Christ touches your heart.

31f3cc41d02833fe6bb367efdc1a0e04.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT