ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I don't think I like the tone of your typing young man... But, yes I'm bald. God made a few perfect people, the rest he covered with hair.
Don't make me drive approximately 2 hours to whip your ass. Anything past 2 hours I lose interest.
giphy.gif

In this politically correct society, I like to think of myself as, "Folliclly Challenged."

When I was a kid a neighbor would bring my Mom squash from his garden. She had no idea what to do with it so she would kindly thank him...it would sit...then in to the trash. Imagine a Ky. girl who doesn't know how to cook squash? Especially one who was a GREAT cook? Well I got married to a Bama girl and Mom was visiting not long after and my 'ex' fixed fried squash (I love it). Mom loved it and couldn't believe she had thrown it away for all those years.
The Mrs. now makes squash bread. I had never heard of it before. LOVE it too. Don't taste the squash at all....tastes like a moist cinnamon bread.
When i was a kid my mom would cook cushaw. cut up in chunks with a little salt and brown sugar and water, simmer in a pot until tender. or bake in the oven. i like it either way.

Good morning D-League. Just back from a walk. Below freezing overnight here, and close to freezing still.

My wife left for a weekend in NYC with her aunt, and they'll take in a Broadway show as they always do when together. I got stuck at home with work. I think I'll take advantage of the solitude tomorrow to go out for a hike on a stretch of the Appalachian Trail that starts near the old Civil War town of Harper's Ferry.

Thanks again for all the good wishes about my new grandson Charlie.

I hope everyone has an easy Friday, and some good plans for this weekend.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Just back from a walk. Below freezing overnight here, and close to freezing still.

Dealoing with alone time this weekend. My wife left for a weekend in NYC with her aunt, and they'll take in a Broadway show as they always do when together. I got stuck at home with work. I think I'll take advantage of the solitude tomorrow to go out for a hike on a stretch of the Appalachian Trail that starts near the old Civil War town of Harper's Ferry.

Temperature got down to 26 last night, and they are forecasting 25 tonight, before waring back up to almost 70 on Easter. I hope it kills out some of the insects that had already emerged. Happy Good Friday to all. The beginning of the holy weekend.

My wife left for a weekend in NYC with her aunt, and they'll take in a Broadway show as they always do when together. I got stuck at home with work. I think I'll take advantage of the solitude tomorrow to go out for a hike on a stretch of the Appalachian Trail that starts near the old Civil War town of Harper's Ferry.

??? I thought Broadway theaters are shut down???

It just so happened that my Mother just lived about two blocks away, and I cut that grass for about 5 years, before she passed and we sold the house. The thing is, she had 2 1/2 acres to cut, and I have 4 acres that I mow. It was a lot of time on the tractor. My daughter's property won't be too bad. Once I get it trimmed, I will spray roundup around the fence line, and then I can just zip around the yard without getting off the tractor. Probably won't take more than 30 minutes.
Similar here. My Mom's was about an acre...but ours is about 6 (or more depending on which field I want to mow and what part of it). Like you said, a lot of time on the tractor. What I'd like to do this year is to split it up...maybe mow a little everyday or every other day, and then trim once a week.
But what I'll probably do is like I've always done...mow it all at one time. I'm the type that is kind of impatient and when I start a job/project I can't rest till it's done. Oh well.

Good morning D, We are at 24 degrees here in the Berg, this global warming is turrible!!!!!

It's supposed to warm up to 52, I really need to mow before I leave!!!

April is birthday month around here, we have 10 with birthdays!!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and PRAYERS for the D!!!!

I have said the D, is a great place to land! I made posts in a couple other places a few years ago and boy did I regret it!!! D is a great place for food, laughs, stories, and life experiences! Thanks D!!!!

Oh and I am making a squash casserole to take to our Easter dinner Sunday!!!
That's a lot of birthdays. April is anniversary month for us. Me (32 years), little sister (35 years), Mom and Dad (65 years).

Good Friday, Friday Morning D League

This will be a pleasant day. Our current temperature is 42° and the high will hit a blistering 67°. Winds are steady at 10 mph with gusts up to 20 so we have a small craft advisory in the Gulf due to rough wave activity. Our Humidity is a low, for us, 47% We will have full sunshine all day and the Visibility is 10 miles.

I am walking around barefoot but the wife has on a sweater. The law down here is after Easter Sunday there will be no more sweaters or jackets until Thanksgiving. So put them away and be done with it.

My niece and her family just moved back to Florida from way up North in Indiana and she is anxious to show her children a sunset over the Gulf. So I picked out a nice seafood restaurant on the waterfront and we will head over to Bayport to see some nice colors this evening. Take care all

Adv-Coast-Bayport-Park-Pier-1024x680.jpg

Morning D
Chilly..be glad when it warms ip
Technically off work today, but going in for a couple of hours to wrap up our week. Admin stuff
Our grands call my husband and me Pawpaw and Mawmaw. Blessed they all live fairly close and we see them regularly
I open carry.. as does Rob
Ive created a new political party..it’s called Common Sense
Have a great day

Morning D
Chilly..be glad when it warms ip
Technically off work today, but going in for a couple of hours to wrap up our week. Admin stuff
Our grands call my husband and me Pawpaw and Mawmaw. Blessed they all live fairly close and we see them regularly
I open carry.. as does Rob
Ive created a new political party..it’s called Common Sense
Have a great day
How can I join your party because mine has failed me?

Bom dia to the D,

• I have a four-day weekend and wanted to continue pressure washing the drive today. NOPE. Looks like an indoor project day, at least this morning.
  • D is finishing up final edits for the IP Journal to be published. So ole dad offered to do a food run for her. :)

"Of all the means to ensure happiness throughout the whole life, by far the most import is the acquisition of friends." - Epicurus.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 47°F and partly cloudy. We're expecting 74°F for this afternoon's high.

I'm off today, but returned to sleep in some more after waking up at 4:18 am to feed our pup. Plan on hopefully filing income taxes via Turbo Tax sometime later this afternoon. Taking a walk here in a bit.

Happy Good Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

jelly.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 47°F and partly cloudy. We're expecting 74°F for this afternoon's high.

I'm off today, but returned to sleep in some more after waking up at 4:18 am to feed our pup. Plan on hopefully filing income taxes via Turbo Tax sometime later this afternoon. Taking a walk here in a bit.

Happy Good Friday!

jelly.jpg

Looks like one of the sandwiches I used to make. Oh, is that more than one sandwich? Oops...

I finally have a light day on meetings. I am finalizing my taxes too using the same app. I always file...and pay on the 14th...

Good morning! The Sun is shining bright out there today so at some point I'll head out and get in it. Might mow later today if the mood strikes but that seems more like a tomorrow job for the next few days.

I'll be having a bowl of chili for breakfast here before long. That's not your fathers oatmeal.

Roy Williams? Sigh ah nah rah!

Looking forward to football next year at least as much as basketball, maybe more. The only thing constant is change so why not have Kentucky at the top of SEC football for awhile?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

We all have a right to vote? Yes

I have a right to vote in your name? No

You have a right to vote in my name? No

How do we ENSURE that each person votes in his or her name only? That's racist.

Isn't life simple when you know the rules?
I thnk they will take care of the double voters........it's those pesky dead people that vote for the Dems....

When I was a kid a neighbor would bring my Mom squash from his garden. She had no idea what to do with it so she would kindly thank him...it would sit...then in to the trash. Imagine a Ky. girl who doesn't know how to cook squash? Especially one who was a GREAT cook? Well I got married to a Bama girl and Mom was visiting not long after and my 'ex' fixed fried squash (I love it). Mom loved it and couldn't believe she had thrown it away for all those years.
The Mrs. now makes squash bread. I had never heard of it before. LOVE it too. Don't taste the squash at all....tastes like a moist cinnamon bread.
You can make a good bread and butter pickle out of young tender yellow crook neck squash........my .02.....

Good morning! The Sun is shining bright out there today so at some point I'll head out and get in it. Might mow later today if the mood strikes but that seems more like a tomorrow job for the next few days.

I'll be having a bowl of chili for breakfast here before long. That's not your fathers oatmeal.

Looking forward to football next year at least as much as basketball, maybe more. The only thing constant is change so why not have Kentucky at the top of SEC football for awhile?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Chili for breakfast sounds good to me.

I am looking forward to football season. I live in a football state where basketball falls just above girls softball in importance. So winning in football brings more satisfaction when opponent fans want to talk trash. Nobody that I know talks basketball

Even when Florida won back to back NCAA titles, nobody talked trash to me. They were too focused on football.

Do birds go on strike? @Bert Higginbotha mentioned a couple prices last week...eggs was one I think. Just a few years ago around here (some large egg producing areas here and Indiana) on Easter week you could buy a dozen eggs for 25 cents. This morning at Krogers.....1.99 for 18 count, 1.39 for a dozen.

Happy Good Friday!

jelly.jpg
Hate to ask....but what is the white oozing out of the bottom layer of that PB&J?
Hoping it's marshmallow creme?

Morning D. Greetings from the shanty.

Brisk start this am at 37° as it winds it way to 54°. Not a cloud in the sky. Can hear that outdoor chore list as it‘s voice increases from a whisper to a roaring crescendo. I’m trying to ignore it.

More coffee.............................................................
I had to answer the call yesterday and I still needed a hay bailer.

Speaking of birthdays....they're a bit strange in my family.
My daughter was born on Easter morning (planned on going to Sunrise Service at Stone Mtn....'ex' wakes me up...
thinking it's to get ready for service.....nope)
My brother was born on our Mom and Dad's anniversary.
One of my brother's g'kids was born on his birthday...hence his G'parents anniversary as well.
My sister was born on our Dad's birthday.

Maybe all good omens?

Do birds go on strike? @Bert Higginbotha mentioned a couple prices last week...eggs was one I think. Just a few years ago around here (some large egg producing areas here and Indiana) on Easter week you could buy a dozen eggs for 25 cents. This morning at Krogers.....1.99 for 18 count, 1.39 for a dozen.

Hate to ask....but what is the white oozing out of the bottom layer of that PB&J?
Hoping it's marshmallow creme?

Looks like the glare or lighting from the picture (On the right side looking at it.). I don't do that type of marshmallow. One roasted over the fire is about all I will do in the marshmallow area.

Happy Good Friday!

jelly.jpg
Love me some PB&J. Gets my lunch going along with a dessert all in one.

I had a bowl of chili for lunch before I knew is was National PB&J sandwich day. Guess I will have the sandwich for dinner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT