ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Never practiced. Makes a good decoration for the inside of a storage box (where it is I think).
Knew a couple of guys about that time who hung their own shingle, who then quit and went on to other things.
Corporate type law like your daughter is a different deal than going to work for a firm. Corporate type job, steady paycheck, benefits, etc. Too many told me that in a firm it was like selling insurance. Bring the $$$ in or you're out. And, private, like the guys I knew, is like starting up any other business...for most it's a hard go and many don't make it and go on to something else to pay the bills.
One of the other kind gentleman lawyers on the Paddock PM's a couple of times with me last year when considering the offer.

He echoed a lot of the sentiments above.

She definitely is headed down the In-house Lawyer type of path. I hope I have the terminology correct there.

This place does seem to be a good balance. Paraphrasing here - but basically, he said - it sounds like a great opportunity in today's world.

Thanks for the conversation and feedback.

I have been rambling on here this week. Apologies to all. :)

Morning Legionnaires!

Not much going on today. Wife has ordered groceries for me to pick up from Walmart this afternoon. We usually use the commissary because it is cheaper for most things but, their produce is the worst and they are not keeping their shelves stocked as well as they used to with items she likes. I hate going to Walmart but, sitting outside and waiting for the items to be brought out to me is acceptable.

Liking this retirement thing a lot. Having to budget a little better but, I am doing better than she and I thought I would (now but with Biden who knows about later). Can take my time in the morning to exercise instead of rushing to get it done before breakfast to go to work. Now, I get up with her, drink coffee and yap a bit, make sure my daughter gets out for school, and then come back in and start my workout process. Work out 6 days a week for about an hour a day. Now, I am working on my diet and am trying to do the 2000 calorie a day (need to fine tune that one) so I can get down to at least 190lbs. 220lbs now at 5'9" and will try to play softball again this year if they have a season. Last year they did not.

All you good people please be safe out there today and I pray God give those that are hurting relief. That is all.
If I ate 2000 calories a day I would weigh 300 lbs..........The Director is always telling me that I don't eat right........I sometimes don't eat anything........I could be a big eater but.........I am 6'5" 210..........if I gain any weight it is in my stomach.......it don't go any where else.......I looked pregnant when I weighed 245..............the Director is somewhat shorter than me.........an weighs more...........But I am not eating right......lol......

bdd971bc854e26fd2180c3bbe50a65dc.jpg

So now Delta Airlines is saying since Georgia now requires an ID to vote they are racist. Yep, it is racist to request someone to identify who they are.

So the next time I fly Delta I guess I can tell them a BIG NO when they ask for my ID. It would be very racist of Delta to require I ID myself to board a plane to fly to Atlanta. And you know Delta does not want to contribute to racism.

There is something strange going on in Atlanta when major corporations whose HQ's are there push their WOKENESS on the world. Looking at you Coca-Cola, Home Depot and Delta Airlines. Your companies are run by idiots.

Last edited:
Growing up in Louisville I was born a Reds fan but never had the money to go to a game. My first Major League game was at Texas Stadium in 1989 Rangers against Detroit. Later on after retiring from the Army and working for the Unit Movement Office at FT Sill during time of the heavy deployments after 9/11, we would have to go all over the US for site visits to inspect NG or AR units that were to come to Sill to be deployed to the middle east. One day the boss came to me because It happened to be my turn again in the rotation to go on one of the week long visits and the place was to be Cincinnati. Had about a week to prepare and it was in June 2008. Well I immediately checked the Reds schedule to see if they were in town for home games and sure enough they were. The first night there me and a few of our team went to watch the Reds play Philly for the first of a three day stint. Since I had some active duty soldiers with me on our team I ask the guy at the window if they gave military discounts and he said sadly no but, since he himself was a vet he ushered us through for free anyway. The Reds went on to a victory that night for my first ever live game of the Reds I had ever been to. They went on to split the other two the nights after. Recorded most of that first game to have for later.

If I ate 2000 calories a day I would weigh 300 lbs..........The Director is always telling me that I don't eat right........I sometimes don't eat anything........I could be a big eater but.........I am 6'5" 210..........if I gain any weight it is in my stomach.......it don't go any where else.......I looked pregnant when I weighed 245..............the Director is somewhat shorter than me.........an weighs more...........But I am not eating right......lol......
Seriously? 2000 calories would make you gain weight? At 6' 5" you would think you could take that and then some. When most men gain it starts in the stomach, me too. I had been basically eating what I felt like and in large quantities. While I still work out as I said 6 days a week it is not as intense as it used to be and weight gain became the problem so, I am trying to cut my calories a bit. It was nothing for me to consume 3000 to 3500 a day sometimes more. I am also heavy on the sweet tooth.

So now Delta Airlines is saying since Georgia now requires an ID to vote they are racist. Yep, it is racist to request someone to identify who they are.

So the next time I fly Delta I guess I can tell them a BIG NO when they ask for my ID. It would be very racist of Delta to require I ID myself to board a plane to fly to Atlanta. And you know Delta does not want to contribute to racism.

There is something strange going on in Atlanta when major corporations whose HQ's are there push their WOKENESS on the world. Looking at you Coca-Cola, Home Depot and Delta Airlines. Your companies are run by idiots.
I saw where MLB is considering moving the All-Star Game out of Atlanta too.

Couldn't be ulterior motives... Nah, no way...

Woop! woop! Hows it hangin' fellas. You too Bko, nice to see you back at it.
I had a bet with ATX....said I wasn't coming back unless he found a can of collard greens & big bag of red lentils at the car wash! And I'll be damned if he didn't find some today....sooo here I am.
Hope all is well with everyone. I have not kept up. I guess the weather, covid, Dad passing away and a shitty basketball season kinda got me down this winter.
But hey the sun is shining and just wait til next season!

Ok here is the original recipe I got

4- chicken breast boneless
2-cans cream of chicken
1-stick of butter
2-15 0z. cans chicken broth
24oz. frozen egg noodles

Cook the chicken, soup, butter and broth in a crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours
Take chicken out and shred
Put chicken back in, add the noodles and cook on low for another 2 hours. Stir a few times while cooking.

This my short cut, We use a Mrs. Millers dry egg noodles we get at Kroger

I cook the chicken in the oven till done, then shred it

While the chicken is cooking, I take the butter, cut it in smaller pieces, melts quicker, put it in the crock-pot

Then I take the soup put in in a bowl add some of the chicken stock and stir it up real good then put it in the crock-pot

Then I put the shredded chicken and the noodles in and cook about 3 hours on low, I also pour the stock that was in the pan that I cooked the chicken in. After about 2 hours or so I start taste testing. Does this make since to you? I just can't leave a recipe alone, I have to mess with it somehow!!!

Seriously? 2000 calories would make you gain weight? At 6' 5" you would think you could take that and then some. When most men gain it starts in the stomach, me too. I had been basically eating what I felt like and in large quantities. While I still work out as I said 6 days a week it is not as intense as it used to be and weight gain became the problem so, I am trying to cut my calories a bit. It was nothing for me to consume 3000 to 3500 a day sometimes more. I am also heavy on the sweet tooth.

Go to dark chocolate, the real dark chocolate and not that Nestles stuff. I have been indulging in 92 to 95% dark chocolate for well over a year now and eat very little a day. I find my sweets cravings are nearly gone. I still indulge at times but it is usually when it is "conveniently" placed in front of me. I don't go hunting a sugar fix. (This is an ole boy that would eat anything with sugar in it.) The dark chocolate is supposed to be healthy for you too heart-wise. It can be an acquired taste but it is worth the effort. I am 5'11" and I stay between 205 and 215 now. I was up there at one time for a good many years.

Oh, and a benefit is you can mostly keep your stash because it is not something you'd readily eat... My kids (30 and 37) leave it alone when they visit now. They tried it and leave it to me now...

Go to dark chocolate, the real dark chocolate and not that Nestles stuff. I have been indulging in 92 to 95% dark chocolate for well over a year now and eat very little a day. I find my sweets cravings are nearly gone. I still indulge at times but it is usually when it is "conveniently" placed in front of me. I don't go hunting a sugar fix. (This is an ole boy that would eat anything with sugar in it.) The dark chocolate is supposed to be healthy for you too heart-wise. It can be an acquired taste but it is worth the effort. I am 5'11" and I stay between 205 and 215 now. I was up there at one time for a good many years.

Oh, and a benefit is you can mostly keep your stash because it is not something you'd readily eat... My kids (30 and 37) leave it alone when they visit now. They tried it and leave it to me now...
What brand of dark is it BBUK?

What brand of dark is it BBUK?

I buy Ghirardelli now, the 92% version 3.17 ounce size. You can get it at Walmart but I buy it when I catch it online at Walmart because the vendor who sells them in 12 packs saves me 27 cents a bar. Yeah, I'm frugal.

I was buying Lindt at 90% and 95%, even bought a 100% bar as they had that but it was smaller and the same dough.

9b4c728b-0ba1-4818-9092-9955bded3993_1.812056ed319181cf61c98014fe79db3f.png

I saw where MLB is considering moving the All-Star Game out of Atlanta too.
This is why I am drifting further and further away from sports. There is no reason for a professional league to dictate how a state should conduct their elections. They are around to entertain not become political. Georgia can survive without the Atlanta Braves.

Ok here is the original recipe I got

4- chicken breast boneless
2-cans cream of chicken
1-stick of butter
2-15 0z. cans chicken broth
24oz. frozen egg noodles

Cook the chicken, soup, butter and broth in a crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours
Take chicken out and shred
Put chicken back in, add the noodles and cook on low for another 2 hours. Stir a few times while cooking.

This my short cut, We use a Mrs. Millers dry egg noodles we get at Kroger

I cook the chicken in the oven till done, then shred it

While the chicken is cooking, I take the butter, cut it in smaller pieces, melts quicker, put it in the crock-pot

Then I take the soup put in in a bowl add some of the chicken stock and stir it up real good then put it in the crock-pot

Then I put the shredded chicken and the noodles in and cook about 3 hours on low, I also pour the stock that was in the pan that I cooked the chicken in. After about 2 hours or so I start taste testing. Does this make since to you? I just can't leave a recipe alone, I have to mess with it somehow!!!
I might make again (3x) this weekend. First time, I used boneless chicken breasts, but this last time I substituted boneless chicken breast tenders. Made past two occasions with Mrs. Miller's Old Fashioned Egg Noodles (large and medium).

Just love it. Thanks again.

Same function as warning tracks. When OFers started up the grade, a) they knew they were getting close, and b) unlikely to hit that concrete thing very hard running uphill. Also gave fans a better view of that beautiful grass and the outfielders making plays.
I remember it....both in person and on TV. Have any idea the grade/slope and height of it?
Memory seems to think that it was fairly steep and fairly high.
Can't remember if other ballparks had it .

This is why I am drifting further and further away from sports. There is no reason for a professional league to dictate how a state should conduct their elections. They are around to entertain not become political. Georgia can survive without the Atlanta Braves.
I'm the same way. If I want to hear about politics, I'll turn on Fox, CNBC, etc. I turn on to watch sports to get away from it, not to hear someone else's view on politics.

I'd like to see conservatives/Republicans/christians and anyone else who is anti wokeness start acting like those folks. Boycott and/or threaten to. Money talks.
There's already some that I won't do biz with....like to see it become a national movement.
Mark Hamill and a few actors are saying they won't work in Georgia until it's changed. Wth has Mark Hamill done since Star Wars for him to be calling the shots? Hell, he should be happy to even get a job offer nowadays.

Most of the chocolate I eat is dark but not as high a percentage as you. Will have to work my way into that. Love my Susie Q's though too. Cookies, cake, pies, M&M's and a myriad of other sweets. My first sweet for today was at lunch. I went with a PB&J sandwich. Strawberry Jam that is. That will run my calories up a bit but, that is all I had for lunch so. Breakfast was 4 eggs and some grapefruit juice so, I am still on track at about 1000 calories for the day. Means I can eat pretty good tonight.

I'd like to see conservatives/Republicans/christians and anyone else who is anti wokeness start acting like those folks. Boycott and/or threaten to. Money talks.
There's already some that I won't do biz with....like to see it become a national movement.
I did with UK games this year and will with the Olympics if they start acting out.

Mark Hamill and a few actors are saying they won't work in Georgia until it's changed. Wth has Mark Hamill done since Star Wars for him to be calling the shots? Hell, he should be happy to even get a job offer nowadays.
Since I used to live in Atlanta and still have kids and g'kids in Georgia I still pay a little attention to what is going on down there. Wasn't there also something about 2-3 years ago where all Hollywood idiots were going to boycott the state? Maybe an anti-abortion law that was passed? Can't remember but I remember the actress (the one that had the selfie of her in a crocheted Covid mask...lol) demonstrating there.

Since this is the D...I'll leave my politics at that.

I might make again (3x) this weekend. First time, I used boneless chicken breasts, but this last time I substituted boneless chicken breast tenders. Made past two occasions with Mrs. Miller's Old Fashioned Egg Noodles (large and medium).

Just love it. Thanks again.
Which you like best tenders and the noodles wide or med?

Atlanta has a Trolly Car. Built with Federal Money. This White Elephant cost $100 Million Dollars. And that's not all. The Maintenance on this thing is Five Million per year. And that's not all. Nobody hardly rides it. The route it takes is from CNN to The MLK Memorial. It could have easily been routed to where the Braves played ball. And that's not all. A study was made on the fares it brought in (25K per year I believe.) Do the math on that. The current Mayor wants to tear the City Jail down or house Homeless there. I'm not kidding.

Atlanta has a Trolly Car. Built with Federal Money. This White Elephant cost $100 Million Dollars. And that's not all. The Maintenance on this thing is Five Million per year. And that's not all. Nobody hardly rides it. The route it takes is from CNN to The MLK Memorial. It could have easily been routed to where the Braves played ball. And that's not all. A study was made on the fares it brought in (25K per year I believe.) Do the math on that. The current Mayor wants to tear the City Jail down or house Homeless there. I'm not kidding.
Surprised I never heard of that from my kids. Especially the one that use to live up your way. The other two are way North, so I imagine they try not to pay attention to Atlanta.

I'm not surprised that the city would spend that much $$$ on such a thing. Especially knowing it's route.

I remember it....both in person and on TV. Have any idea the grade/slope and height of it?
Memory seems to think that it was fairly steep and fairly high.
Can't remember if other ballparks had it .
No other parks had it in my memories.

I don't think it was steep as you're imagining. I want to say maybe a 3-4'' rise over 25-30' depth. OFers could run up it vs. climbing it.

Lesson to be learned. Move to the North Georgia Mountains. I guarantee you will live longer breathing that fresh mountain air.

Here's a no-fooling April 1 update:

My daughter just had her baby! Charlie, three weeks early, 7.5 pounds. Some needed joy in that family -- her husband is the guy whose 35-year-old brother, a Defense Department lawyer, died suddenly last summer. His name was James, so that's the baby's middle name. They ive in Kansas City, so a visit there is in my future in a month or so when they all settle in.

I rode MARTA one time in my life. I caught it at the top end, just off GA400 and took it to the airport. What an experience that was. After I returned from my business trip my wife met me at the airport. She begged me to never ride it again and I agreed. That was in mid 1990's. It is much worse now.

After that initial experience I drove to the airport and parked my pick up. I was trying to save my company some expenses when I took the thing. BUT my life was not worth the hassle of dealing with people who should have been locked up in the county jail or better yet in an insane asylum.

I totally agree. My favorite little city on earth. The beaches and sand dunes are large and spacious. Everyone who loves history and old stuff should visit St Augustine.

Years ago most everybody headed to Florida would stop in at the Fountain of Youth and drink out of the same fountain Ponce de Lean did. Now people just fly over it on their way to Orlando or Miami. They miss out a very interesting place.
Soon the only thing that St Augustine will be famous for is the birthplace of Bert Higginbotham's granddaughter.

Sorry but that is what it boils down to! :cool:

I rode MARTA one time in my life. I caught it at the top end, just off GA400 and took it to the airport. What an experience that was. After I returned from my business trip my wife met me at the airport. She begged me to never ride it again and I agreed. That was in mid 1990's. It is much worse now.

After that initial experience I drove to the airport and parked my pick up. I was trying to save my company some expenses when I took the thing. BUT my life was not worth the hassle of dealing with people who should have been locked up in the county jail or better yet in an insane asylum.
Ditto.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT