ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

We went up there once/twice. Don't remember much other than lake & it being dam cold.
Besides coney island and pre kings island it was probably the most popular amusement park in the region, although on a smaller scale. they brought in big name entertainment—beach boys, four tops etc.
Saw this guy there one sunny day at the lake swimming beach strolling around, in swim trunks, wearing shades, beer in hand...if anyone is familiar with cincinnati television back in the 60s you’ll know who he is.
a6827c470cf22752963889bebb93a399.png

Besides coney island and pre kings island it was probably the most popular amusement park in the region, although on a smaller scale. they brought in big name entertainment—beach boys, four tops etc.
Saw this guy there one sunny day at the lake swimming beach strolling around, in swim trunks, wearing shades, beer in hand...if anyone is familiar with cincinnati television back in the 60s you’ll know who he is.
a6827c470cf22752963889bebb93a399.png
I loved Bob. He was still on in the '70s. I remember watching him late Saturday nights.

Did my part to 'cancel' 'Cancel Culture'. The Mrs. has a b'day tomorrow. Asked her what she wanted for her b'day (hadn't bought anything yet...older I get the more I don't want to surprise someone...want to get something they want and/or need). Told her I would get her anything she wanted (risky move). And what did she want? Sheets from My Pillow....due to her watching NewsMax and wanting to help them out after so many big stores 'cancelled' them.

Talked with my 'bro a little while ago. I know @Sawnee Cat (and I think @BBUK ) have mentioned old gospel records. My 'bro has a bunch (his and Dad's collection). He found a guy in E. Indiana who buys old records . Guy is 80, still working, and has ...... 8 million records! 33s, 45s, and 78s. My brother's probably going to go over in the next week or two (probably just give him the LPs) to see his operation. Guess he's got a bunch of other stuff too. Been doing it since 1960.

Did my part to 'cancel' 'Cancel Culture'. The Mrs. has a b'day tomorrow. Asked her what she wanted for her b'day (hadn't bought anything yet...older I get the more I don't want to surprise someone...want to get something they want and/or need). Told her I would get her anything she wanted (risky move). And what did she want? Sheets from My Pillow....due to her watching NewsMax and wanting to help them out after so many big stores 'cancelled' them.

Talked with my 'bro a little while ago. I know @Sawnee Cat (and I think @BBUK ) have mentioned old gospel records. My 'bro has a bunch (his and Dad's collection). He found a guy in E. Indiana who buys old records . Guy is 80, still working, and has ...... 8 million records! 33s, 45s, and 78s. My brother's probably going to go over in the next week or two (probably just give him the LPs) to see his operation. Guess he's got a bunch of other stuff too. Been doing it since 1960.
8 million? Now that is a serious collector.

Was that the name of the Past Prime Playhouse as well? I was still young and don't quite remember the correct names.

I have been watching hokey old sci-fi and horror flicks lately. Those are your post bring back fond memories.
I think Schoenling All Night Theatre eventually became PPP, and maybe different names on different channels. i believe his show was on a dayton ohio station for a while.

8 million? Now that is a serious collector.
Don't know if he's a collector or if he buys/sells. Told my brother that he just bought a huge number of Match Box cars in their original cartons. Told my brother that he probably has a barn full of stuff behind the house, but he gave directions for where he's at and it's a building in a small town.
Depending on the day my brother goes....I might try to tag along. Would be interesting to see.

OC I always get Mrs. M a $50 gift certificate to her favorite Spa or where she gets her hair or nails done, always appreciates it!!! Right color right size

Don't know if he's a collector or if he buys/sells. Told my brother that he just bought a huge number of Match Box cars in their original cartons. Told my brother that he probably has a barn full of stuff behind the house, but he gave directions for where he's at and it's a building in a small town.
Depending on the day my brother goes....I might try to tag along. Would be interesting to see.
Yes it would, he may need a warehouse the size of Walmart. We would all like to tag along and see this. Take some pictures.

Thank you all for the warm welcome home
@cordmaker id love that recipe
Really burnt out on meals right now and need some new ideas
We’re okay as we can be
On a positive note we ARE looking for a house. Market is slim at the moment but hopefully we will find something soon
I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed being here
Are you looking for a house in Oldham County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT