ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Well it is official America is lost with no hope to return to a civilized nation. When you are offended by classic cars, that is the end. To my ears they can't make enough noise. I am a "Toxic Masculine Male" because I love classic cars and do not want to be cured.
True story, before my BIL Steve Vincent passed, one of his last requests was that he be buried in his black leather jacket wearing a white t-shirt. He specifically said, "Don't let them bury me a pussy." His second was that his nephew pull his jacked up PU to the door of his deep country Edmonson county home and rev that puppy up. Those straight pipes were loud. The big truck saluted again as he was carried from the funeral home to the hearse. That day I met a thousand cousins.
2a63773ec74d2cb2e925dd3a710f9bbb.jpg

True story, before my BIL Steve Vincent passed, one of his last requests was that he be buried in his black leather jacket wearing a white t-shirt. He specifically said, "Don't let them bury me a pussy." His second was that his nephew pull his jacked up PU to the door of his deep country Edmonson county home and rev that puppy up. Those straight pipes were loud. The big truck saluted again as he was carried from the funeral home to the hearse. That day I met a thousand cousins.
Great story.

Well it is official America is lost with no hope to return to a civilized nation. When you are offended by classic cars, that is the end. To my ears they can't make enough noise. I am a "Toxic Masculine Male" because I love classic cars and do not want to be cured.
164766008_2803875613184062_2874716487542374686_o.jpg

Haha, yesterday I went into a little store to buy a cheap paint brush and when I came out the guy parked next to me in some kind of little Japanese car revved his motor a few times before he could take off. He had one of those coffee can exhaust tips on there that make that NOISE that we all hate. I took the opportunity to let him hear what a 5.7 liter hemi with straight pipe dual exhaust sounds like when he got behind me. He revved it up again and peeled out for about 2 feet. I think it was to escape the thunderous cacophony.

Now that we’re into the Sweet 16 you can make a little better assessment of these teams.

And I think the Cats’ team last year would beat either of these teams in the first game, Oregon State - Loyola CHICAGO - easily.

I’ll always believe that team had a deep run in them.

Newgrass! That stuff helped a weekend weirdo like me. I spent most of the 70s chasing rare birds and music taste was more Michael Dinner and Marshall Tucker.

I hear ya, I couldn't survive long without the magic of human expression.
I love Marshall Tucker. Blues are the constant.

I love county, gospel, rock & roll, bluegrass and blues. I don't love Jazz, but sometimes it is wonderful.

I am totally screwed up. I love music.

Good afternoon D, nothing going on, got a good 1.2 mile walk in with Mrs. M this morning. Waiting for the storms to head thru later!

I delivered a Thin Red Line to a family whose DAD had passed away, been friends with them for as long as I can remember!. I also got orders yesterday for 3 US ARMY STARS, one is already made, just have to add a cross to it!!!!

I was reading about albums, I have one left, it's the Beatles White one, still has the pictures in it, gave the rest to my granddaughter. She will end up with this one too!!!

I hope the D, has a great rest of the Day and Prayers!!!!

Grabbed Zaxby's take-out for lunch. Got rear-ended at the window while waiting in drive-thru lane. Driver then backs up into the car behind mine. Employees asked if I'm okay. Yep. Climbed out and checked. No damage. Thank heavens for federally-mandated bumpers. Driver asked if I wanted his insurance card. Nah, it's all good. I've not told the wife. She'd get pissed.

I love Edmonson county. We boys from there are from the America where men were men, and sheep ran scared!

Good afternoon D, nothing going on, got a good 1.2 mile walk in with Mrs. M this morning. Waiting for the storms to head thru later!

I delivered a Thin Red Line to a family whose DAD had passed away, been friends with them for as long as I can remember!. I also got orders yesterday for 3 US ARMY STARS, one is already made, just have to add a cross to it!!!!

I was reading about albums, I have one left, it's the Beatles White one, still has the pictures in it, gave the rest to my granddaughter. She will end up with this one too!!!

I have every record album I bought in my lifetime and most are in like new mint condition. When cassettes came into being I would play the album one time, tape it and put it up. I have 100's like that.

Recently I decided to downsize and get rid of many items I saved for years. My vinyls and .45's are going on Ebay and I will see how that goes. My taste were Johnny Cash, classic country (George Jones, Waylon, Hank and others) and Bluegrass. Tons of Bluegrass. Music has always been a huge part of our family.

My parents had a tremendous gospel music collection that my dad gave me a few years before he died. It consists of the Old Quartet gospel music sung by the Florida Boys, Blackwood Brothers, The Statesmen, J.D. Summer and the Stamps, etc. An era long gone.

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • Reading, Likes caught up.
  • You will get about a million.
  • Watched 1992 Quarter Final with Cawood calling, Damn........he was good.
  • Whitetails are on strike.
  • Enjoying that new poster, Bert31. He's fun!
  • Got the second shot yesterday. Minor sore right arm.
  • Nothing happening here,
  • You know what to do.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • Reading, Likes caught up.
  • You will get about a million.
  • Watched 1992 Quarter Final with Cawood calling, Damn........he was good.
  • Whitetails are on strike.
  • Enjoying that new poster, Bert31. He's fun!
  • Got the second shot yesterday. Minor sore right arm.
  • Nothing happening here,
  • You know what to do.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
One wonderful person. I love the worthless dude.

Last edited:
I have every record album I bought in my lifetime and most are in like new mint condition. When cassettes came into being I would play the album one time, tape it and put it up. I have 100's like that.

Recently I decided to downsize and get rid of many items I saved for years. My vinyls and .45's are going on Ebay and I will see how that goes. My taste were Johnny Cash, classic country (George Jones, Waylon, Hank and others) and Bluegrass. Tons of Bluegrass. Music has always been a huge part of our family.

My parents had a tremendous gospel music collection that my dad gave me a few years before he died. It consists of the Old Quartet gospel music sung by the Florida Boys, Blackwood Brothers, The Statesmen, J.D. Summer and the Stamps, etc. An era long gone.
Speaking of the Florida Boys, my grandmother would watch Gospel Singing Jubilee every Sunday. Les Beasley was a pioneer in Gospel music.

They were my grandmother's favorite group. She didn't mind you making noise, except when Gospel Singing Jubilee was on, and then you better be quiet.
When my dad passed away he requested one of their songs be sung at his funeral. When They Ring Those Golden Bells. Dad called me in by his side shortly before he died and gave me a list of song to be sung and this was on the list. He had it all planned out. :)

Do you have a White Album? If you do check the number.

Do you have a White Album? If you do check the number.
Unfortunately I was not into the Beatles and rock so I don't. But my brother was and I am going to ask him. At one time he had almost all of them.

I was pretty much Bluegrass, old school country and gospel. That kept me busy. I must have more than 50 Johnny Cash including his first album unopened. I bought it in 1957 and a few days later received one as a gift and never opened it.

This one.

Johnny-Cash-With-His-Hot-And-Blue-Guitar-Album-Feature-Image-793x526.jpg

I had to change my setting from dark to light because something happened that made it difficult to read topic headings. Dark blue against black is not too smart. I prefer the dark screen but but but

Some good news. Weeki Wachee Mermaids are back in the swim. It was shut down due to COVID but is in full operation now. The river was not shut down so you could continue to kayak but the mermaid show was. But Happy Days Are Here Again

AF1QipPUp72-2orUbSAOCSoV4eWHi_avBenWKz_msvIn=w464-h260-n-k-no
Can you purchase one of these Mermaids..........we have a big pool and no one gets into it.........sure would put my pool to good use.......hell.....I ain't choosy.......the one pictured would do........

Just read where homeless camps in Louisville will no longer be cleared but cleaned. Surely they can come up with a better solution for this problem. My God this city is falling apart. If it weren't for my elderly parents and in-laws we'd probably leave. A year ago I would never have said that.
Homeless all over Austin. I encounter at least 4-6 every morning within a mile of our house during my walks. One crazy dude, always screaming at himself, constantly asking for money. Mumbles something about 72 bullets. Surprised he survived our 9°F temperatures last month. Homeless camps fill many underpasses on US 183/Research. Many residents sick of the city policies. At least two fires those idiots started staying warm/cooking damaged roads and bridges.

Can you purchase one of these Mermaids..........we have a big pool and no one gets into it.........sure would put my pool to good use.......hell.....I ain't choosy.......the one pictured would do........
I bet. That would be nice. Here is a roster of the current performers. Scroll down and you might find one to suit your fancy.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/Mermaids

Same here. My Dad had more gospel albums that you could shake a stick at. Would go to the 'all night gospel singings' when they were in town. The gospel singing TV show someone mentioed used to be on one of the TV stations in Knoxville. When we would go to Gatlinburg he would look more forward to watching that than vacationing in the mountains.

Aired the tires up on the mower and curiosity got the best of me so I had to see if it would start. It did. Since it was already running I went ahead and mowed the grass. Oh well, was going to have to start soon anyway.
Changed the oil in one of mine and, as you, thought I'd see if if would start. No problem. Only mowed half the front yard....was exhausted. Is it because I'm getting older or the fact I've sat on butt during the Ohio winter?
Probably a combo. Yard is big, so I need to finish the front early next week if the weather cooperates....and then it's on to the back which is even bigger.

So Baylor to the Elite Eight. I think I’ll pop in my Blu Ray disc of the last Elite Eight game Baylor played (courtesy of Ritchie Curtis) - a Classic Kentucky best down in 2013.

I’ll only have to watch the first half - it was over by then. Maybe Michael Kidd Gilchrist’s best game as a Cat.

I had an aquaintance in England that I kept in contact with......a couple of months after he passed away his wife sent me his Beatles library on CD's......their whole library........a lot of cuts I had never heard........I need to get those out and play them...........

So Baylor to the Elite Eight. I think I’ll pop in my Blu Ray disc of the last Elite Eight game Baylor played (courtesy of Ritchie Curtis) - a Classic Kentucky best down in 2013.

I’ll only have to watch the first half - it was over by then. Maybe Michael Kidd Gilchrist’s best game as a Cat.
Very happy about Baylor to Elite-8. Pulling for Oral Roberts vs Hogs.

<- - - Big private school fan. Attended University of Dallas, with supplemental grad courses via Duquesne, for grad school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT