ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Another day in the books. Went to the golf course today to see a guy about a project I'm working on and ended up letting someone talk me into playing the back nine. Then I decided to go ahead and play the front too. Random 18 never hurt no one.
All I can say is that you need to build up some resistance to Golf. Discipline never hurt a soul! JUST SAY NO! 😁

Morning all. It is a cloudy 59.9°F here with rain expected. But I will take it. The grass is growing like crazy.

On August 9, 2020 Sherry and I want to Bowling Green town square that after noon to film commercial stock with Rand Paul. After the filming (really boring setting around and arguing sports!) we went to eat at a nice restaurant. We went home and watched a movie we had DVR'd.

I felt great. I went to bed at 12:30 am. In five minutes, I had to get up to take some bicarbonate of soda for a bad heart burn. I laid back down and starting sweating like some cartoon character. I got up and told Sherry to call 911. They told me to chew up a 325-grain aspirin. The only discomfort was my elbows ached.

In 15 minutes, the EMS was here and put an ekg on me and instantly knew it was a heart attack. They squirted nitroglycerin in my mouth, and I was instantly fixed. They took me to the hospital. They gave me a blood thinner and started prepping me for a heart cath. Later that morning they did the heart cath and it was that I would need surgery. Because of the blood thinner I could not be operated on until Friday the 13th of 2010! Three days later I was home.

I never missed a commission meeting and the following January I was elected Mayor and my heart is still working fine. I am yet to have pain from my heart. We are all wired differently, and our internal nerves are not designed to give us full coverage like our skin. So just be aware that you can have a heart attack with no pain whatsoever.

I now go to the heart doctor once or twice a year. So far, ten- and one-half years later, I am still not plugged up.

Morning all. It is a cloudy 59.9°F here with rain expected. But I will take it. The grass is growing like crazy.

On August 9, 2020 Sherry and I want to Bowling Green town square that after noon to film commercial stock with Rand Paul. After the filming (really boring setting around and arguing sports!) we went to eat at a nice restaurant. We went home and watched a movie we had DVR'd.

I felt great. I went to bed at 12:30 am. In five minutes, I had to get up to take some bicarbonate of soda for a bad heart burn. I laid back down and starting sweating like some cartoon character. I got up and told Sherry to call 911. They told me to chew up a 325-grain aspirin. The only discomfort was my elbows ached.

In 15 minutes, the EMS was here and put an ekg on me and instantly knew it was a heart attack. They squirted nitroglycerin in my mouth, and I was instantly fixed. They took me to the hospital. They gave me a blood thinner and started prepping me for a heart cath. Later that morning they did the heart cath and it was that I would need surgery. Because of the blood thinner I could not be operated on until Friday the 13th of 2010! Three days later I was home.

I never missed a commission meeting and the following January I was elected Mayor and my heart is still working fine. I am yet to have pain from my heart. We are all wired differently, and our internal nerves are not designed to give us full coverage like our skin. So just be aware that you can have a heart attack with no pain whatsoever.

I now go to the heart doctor once or twice a year. So far, ten- and one-half years later, I am still not plugged up.

That's for me. A heart attack with no pain. If I have to have one, I choose Bert's option, however, I have to question the wisdom of having heart surgery on Friday the 13th.

That's for me. A heart attack with no pain. If I have to have one, I choose Bert's option, however, I have to question the wisdom of having heart surgery on Friday the 13th.
Or you can go like Nelson did.....
2387-Nelson-Rockefeller.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and cloudy with 92% humidity. Today's high should come in at around 84°F. Nice.

And then there were 16. UCLA roughed up my Abilene Christian Wildcats. Kansas getting pounded yesterday = Groovy. Happy for Leonard Hamilton and FSU . Not happy Wolverines beat LSU. PAC-12 for real this season. Wow.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ab4bc7f993b59fb56b1f62dc1d4d6d4f726017f1
We eat a lot of soft tortillas......when they get close to the use by date........the Director cuts them up in small pcs and deep fries them..........after they have fried she puts spices on them......I prefer some kind of ground hot pepper.........then we dip them in her salsa that she makes..........I have to be careful to not turn into Hog Henry as grandpa called it..............

Just returned. The Doc told me to come see him again in a year. Now watch me fall over...(I am thankful)

Great news. Just eat right, and exercise between now and then, and next time he will tell you 2 years. I remember the old joke about doctors and their advise. As best as I remember it goes like this: Doctors always keep telling you that if you keep drinking, it will kill you, but you always see more old drunks, than you do old doctors. :)

Great news. Just eat right, and exercise between now and then, and next time he will tell you 2 years. I remember the old joke about doctors and their advise. As best as I remember it goes like this: Doctors always keep telling you that if you keep drinking, it will kill you, but you always see more old drunks, than you do old doctors. :)
My uncle by marriage........................who is now a retired physician.....he would preach to me about the evils of corn, tar and nicotine.....(glad he didn't include the temptations of eve).......... all the while a cigarette would be dangling from his lips........he did give them up though.........

From Facebook:

New post. Find the picture. Click on the picture. Click copy image location. Click insert image (above). Paste. Click insert.

162084775_10223561846614847_7252372276431499396_o.jpg

That is about the easiest way. It is how I post personal pictures. Other than that the picture already has to be on the web/ internet or you have to host the picture at a site like WC mentioned. I haven't searched those in a while but I think they should have a free site or two.

I have a friend here helping me with trying to post pictures, will you tell us how please
I am late.

My method is that I upload pictures to my FaceBook. Do you have facebook?

FaceBook will store them for nothing. I set the privacy to "lock" it is a little icon of a lock. That means no one else can see.

After that I click on the picture. Click on "copy image address". Go to the D-League and click on the little "insert image" icon at the top of the message in D-League. Paste the address into the little box and click the "Insert" button. Low and behold there is Bert and Sherry.
1463921_10202545071774802_790671565_n.jpg

Having a back operation will cure your addiction pretty quickly. As mine mends, I may fall off the wagon. :)
Years ago I built a club house at Iroquois Golf Course.........I had never really tried the game but being on a golf course every day.......we would play a round to end the day.........I can drive the ball a mile........mostly straight......I can play irons pretty good..........but to no avail...........I might as well be swinging with a baseball bat when putting.......the pro that was there at the time tried to help..........I used to do pretty good in scrambles......construction and arthritis has ended my career for playing sports other than fishing from the front of my boat.......

Speaking of back operations....a little prayer request for my youngest son. He's 40 and about 12 years ago he picked up an item that was about 10 pounds...walked about 10-20 feet and his back started to go. By the end of the day he couldn't walk and was in the hospital (in New Jersey...there on business). The next day they did surgery and had to put in about a 7 inch piece of titanium in place of some discs. They weren't sure what exactly happened, but mostly attributed it to H.S. football (was quite a good H.S. football player till accumulated knee and achilles injuries...had a number of scholarship offers)

Been having increasing problems...no surprise...to the point that he couldn't walk, sit, etc due to pain. This morning they were 'burning' the nerves on his spine. Think it's where they use radio frequencies to 'burn' the nerves so it blocks the pain signals from the spine to the brain. Haven't heard yet how it went.

Speaking of back operations....a little prayer request for my youngest son. He's 40 and about 12 years ago he picked up an item that was about 10 pounds...walked about 10-20 feet and his back started to go. By the end of the day he couldn't walk and was in the hospital (in New Jersey...there on business). The next day they did surgery and had to put in about a 7 inch piece of titanium in place of some discs. They weren't sure what exactly happened, but mostly attributed it to H.S. football (was quite a good H.S. football player till accumulated knee and achilles injuries...had a number of scholarship offers)

Been having increasing problems...no surprise...to the point that he couldn't walk, sit, etc due to pain. This morning they were 'burning' the nerves on his spine. Think it's where they use radio frequencies to 'burn' the nerves so it blocks the pain signals from the spine to the brain. Haven't heard yet how it went.
Hope it goes well for him....he is awful young...........I had a guy working in PA one time......in his mid 30's........he sat down in a chair leaned over to put his work boot on.......that was the position they took him to the hospital.........he never worked another day of his life........mine comes and goes with the weather........

In Jesus name may your son be able to bear this and come away healed to where he can live normally. May his Parents be comforted as I know the worst hurt may be when your child hurts. God Bless you all...

Hope it goes well for him....he is awful young...........I had a guy working in PA one time......in his mid 30's........he sat down in a chair leaned over to put his work boot on.......that was the position they took him to the hospital.........he never worked another day of his life........mine comes and goes with the weather........
Knew a lady years ago, friend of my fiance's mother, who came to a stop sign...2 little kids acting up in the back seat...turned to tell them to quiet down, and something went wrong. Wound up in a wheelchair. You never know.

And pretty soon, you will not be able to travel as you once did. Within the next 5-7 years, assuming the Democrats stay in power, and the way they are buying votes, it is a pretty good assumption, 90% of cars will be electric. You will only be able to travel about 2-3 hours away from home and then you will have to plug into a charging station before going further. To visit California, from Kentucky, and return, it will take you three weeks, and that is just travel time, alone.
3 weeks to California? You're not going about it the right way.

aBgXwOD_700b.jpg

Years ago I built a club house at Iroquois Golf Course.........I had never really tried the game but being on a golf course every day.......we would play a round to end the day.........I can drive the ball a mile........mostly straight......I can play irons pretty good..........but to no avail...........I might as well be swinging with a baseball bat when putting.......the pro that was there at the time tried to help..........I used to do pretty good in scrambles......construction and arthritis has ended my career for playing sports other than fishing from the front of my boat.......

I played a lot at Iroquois, back in the 60's, when I was a kid. Eddie Tyree was the pro. I think he stayed there until the early 80's, and then he went to Seneca. He was a good guy and really promoted junior golf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT