ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Haircut (normally annual, but going 2x yearly) complete. Wife has known the hair stylist for over 40 years. Long-time family friend. Everybody masked up. It seemed sorta strange during this "new normal". Front and back yards mowed. Couple beers down the hatch. Watching college basketball tourney. Hope Cal watching too. It's a doggone travesty UK Wildcats nowhere in the mix this season. I just ordered some stuff from Germany. Probably arrive next month. Life is good.

Hope y'all are enjoying this first day of spring. Weather is beyond awesome.
What did you order from Germany?

Sunday Morning Comics

2076414.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and cloudy. A high of 76°F is forecast for us today. Nice out.

I caught the end of the Longhorns vs Abilene Christian Wildcats game last night. The other Wildcats upset the Horns 53-52 in the first round of the tourney. Just loved it. More games today. I may watch a few this afternoon.

Chores and grocery shopping also on my agenda for later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

taco.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Been in and out all day. Working in the yard. Nice day in the Buckeye State so thought I'd get out and do a few things. Was thinking of doing it tomorrow, but don't like to work on Sundays (brought up that way...the Lord's Day...day of rest). Spread fertilizer/pre emergence. Couple days on and then rain in the forecast for Wed....so hopefully it'll do it's magic. Put on 4 big bags (10,000 sq ft each). Could have got/done more but that's enough.
Anybody done a concentrate liquid pre emergent? Or do they even make it? Was thinking while walking around the yard with the spreader that a liquid type might be easier (although spreader's not hard).
One thing I'm thinking of doing is putting a 'tee type' area in one of the fields. Weed & feed and keep it cut and then practice short-mid irons from it. Haven't played golf in years, and doubt if I get back to it, but I figure when I'm bored it would be something to do...along with a little target practice with my pellet gun. Was thinking of putting in a green too....but too much work. But, when it gets warm, with all the yard/gardens work....don't have a lot of time to get bored.

Time to wind down and get ready for Dinner/Supper. Rotisserie chicken, asparagus, salad (maybe) and some b'day cake from earlier in the week.

Carry on. See where we lost a couple of 'pros'.......
I have a lawn service (True Green) since I had a lot less success than them when I was doing it my self. They come five times a year, 4 for regular fertilizer and weeding and once for lime.

Morning! good folks of the D-League. It is a sunny 48.0°F on our way to a relatively warm 66°F. I am planning on bring out the plants from the garage and work shop for the summer. I am tired of having to water them. God will not do most of the watering.

I watched a lot of basketball yesterday and last night. I did not intend to watch the NCAA this year, but I love the sport. I am mainly rooting against teams instead of for teams. I sure am enjoying seeing the ACC go down like the Titanic. I did root for Florida State because Leonard is my friend, even though I usually root against anything else connected to Florida State.

I did not want Boston to come back to Kentucky. I though he was selfish.

Good Sunday Morning, I trust the Good Lord takes a liking to you today.

It is Spring? Spring?

We are currently 55°, with winds NNW 7 mph and humidity is 77% with a UV Index 3 of 10. Our high will be a smoltering 67° and wins will increase to 12 mph. Most of the day will be partly cloudy.

Speaking of yard work we trimmed 36 palm trees this week and it took two large trailers to haul away the debris. These are old, very mature trees that are also very tall. Thankfully I only do it once every 12-15 months.

So that pretty much concludes my yard work other than regular maintenance of mowing and fertilizing. I will sit back and let nature do what nature does.

fl_orlando_sunny1280x720gettyimages-1124862158png

I watched a lot of basketball yesterday and last night. I did not intend to watch the NCAA this year, but I love the sport. I am mainly rooting against teams instead of for teams. I sure am enjoying seeing the ACC go down like the Titanic. I did root for Florida State because Leonard is my friend, even though I usually root against anything else connected to Florida State.

Even though the Cats are not in it, it has been a great tournament to watch. Close games, upsets, buzzer beaters etc.

Agree on Boston. He did do the right thing for him by declaring. He will be drafted mid first round and make $$$$$$$.

Even though the Cats are not in it, it has been a great tournament to watch. Close games, upsets, buzzer beaters etc.

Agree on Boston. He did do the right thing for him by declaring. He will be drafted mid first round and make $$$$$$$.
In a few years he will top what I made in my career, and I considered myself a success but I sure as hell could not play basketball.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Been in and out all day. Working in the yard. Nice day in the Buckeye State so thought I'd get out and do a few things. Was thinking of doing it tomorrow, but don't like to work on Sundays (brought up that way...the Lord's Day...day of rest). Spread fertilizer/pre emergence. Couple days on and then rain in the forecast for Wed....so hopefully it'll do it's magic. Put on 4 big bags (10,000 sq ft each). Could have got/done more but that's enough.
Anybody done a concentrate liquid pre emergent? Or do they even make it? Was thinking while walking around the yard with the spreader that a liquid type might be easier (although spreader's not hard).
One thing I'm thinking of doing is putting a 'tee type' area in one of the fields. Weed & feed and keep it cut and then practice short-mid irons from it. Haven't played golf in years, and doubt if I get back to it, but I figure when I'm bored it would be something to do...along with a little target practice with my pellet gun. Was thinking of putting in a green too....but too much work. But, when it gets warm, with all the yard/gardens work....don't have a lot of time to get bored.

Time to wind down and get ready for Dinner/Supper. Rotisserie chicken, asparagus, salad (maybe) and some b'day cake from earlier in the week.

Carry on. See where we lost a couple of 'pros'.......

Yeah, they make a liquid pre-emergent, but for people like you and I, it is easier with the pelletized version. The commercial guys, like Tru_Green, use the liquid. I am going to spread mine, tomorrow, since we are going to have rain on late Wed or Thurs.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and cloudy. A high of 76°F is forecast for us today. Nice out.

I caught the end of the Longhorns vs Abilene Christian Wildcats game last night. The other Wildcats upset the Horns 53-52 in the first round of the tourney. Just loved it. More games today. I may watch a few this afternoon.

Chores and grocery shopping also on my agenda for later.

taco.jpg

We stopped and had Mexican after church.

Morning! good folks of the D-League. It is a sunny 48.0°F on our way to a relatively warm 66°F. I am planning on bring out the plants from the garage and work shop for the summer. I am tired of having to water them. God will not do most of the watering.

The women are playing, right now, on ESPN, and the baseball team is trying to close out a sweep of Mizzou, on SEC Network. Plus, JB Holmes, a UK grad is trying to win the Honda Classic on NBC, so UK fans still have stuff to watch.

I hope Loyola hangs on and drops Illinois to the curb. Could all these upsets be attributed to incompetence on the part of the committee? Considering who was in charge of that committee, it has to be in the discussion.
Yep, Loyola-Chicago hung on and upset Illinois. Baylor just beat Wisconsin. Big-10 dropping like flies during this opening weekend. Love it.

Time for another walk.

Yeah, they make a liquid pre-emergent, but for people like you and I, it is easier with the pelletized version. The commercial guys, like Tru_Green, use the liquid. I am going to spread mine, tomorrow, since we are going to have rain on late Wed or Thurs.
I use a product called Tenacity......it goes on by sprayer and after weeds are growing does a good job.....I don't use fertilizers in spring and summer......I fertilize in early fall......

Hey folks. Back from my weekend trip to Kentucky. 18 hours of driving since Friday morning, but well worth it. My father was surprised to have all his children in hand for birthday 90 - I came by far the farthest, everyone else lives in Kentucky.

He and my mother are still both sharp and fit, so I’m incredibly blessed. It was a terrific party —we even got grandkids on a big screen zoom call from DC, Austin, Dallas, Kansas City and Tampa.

Hope you all are doing well.

Hey folks. Back from my weekend trip to Kentucky. 18 hours of driving since Friday morning, but well worth it. My father was surprised to have all his children in hand for birthday 90 - I came by far the farthest, everyone else lives in Kentucky.

He and my mother are still both sharp and fit, so I’m incredibly blessed. It was a terrific party —we even got grandkids on a big screen zoom call from DC, Austin, Dallas, Kansas City and Tampa.

Hope you all are doing well.

You are blessed, and they are, as well. Ninety, still sharp and active is not that common. Plus, it bodes well for you, as you get older. I hope they stay that way for many years to come.

I've met a few Bavarian's, they weren't all creeps....

Oh,
May all who read this have a blessed and fruitful day to where you will know God had a hand in your day and may you give God praise for he is worthy to be praised!!! God Bless you all...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and cloudy. Expecting 76°F for today's high. Nice out.

Got quite a bit accomplished yesterday and also watched some exciting basketball games. Good stuff.

Monday, Monday. Looking at another long week.

1f0a2bb15f6d649c5da27e172fd8919b.png
I typed in Bavarian creep and this is what came up. ;)
giphy.gif

Morning Legionnaires!

Going to be in the 50's for highs with rain next few days and 30's in the night. Fishing on hold until weather cooperates. Looks like couch potato training with popcorn and movies for the next few days with a few Karate lessons sprinkled in there to keep the blood flowing and my 2 students happy.

Tournament? What tournament?

Good morning D, not much going on today, going Krogering, here in a bit, then hauling off some metal for recycling.

For anyone watching the Rutgers game, did they ever show their coach (you know who), Mrs. M kept asking why don't they show their coach?

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers!!!!

Mrs. M kept looking at me a laughing at me Saturday, then I figured out what was going on. She had told me that I need a hair cut, I said what's wrong, do I look like a baby orangutan, her answer, yes!!!!

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning, I trust the Good Lord takes a liking to you today.

It is Spring? Spring?

We are currently 55°, with winds NNW 7 mph and humidity is 77% with a UV Index 3 of 10. Our high will be a smoltering 67° and wins will increase to 12 mph. Most of the day will be partly cloudy.

Speaking of yard work we trimmed 36 palm trees this week and it took two large trailers to haul away the debris. These are old, very mature trees that are also very tall. Thankfully I only do it once every 12-15 months.

So that pretty much concludes my yard work other than regular maintenance of mowing and fertilizing. I will sit back and let nature do what nature does.

fl_orlando_sunny1280x720gettyimages-1124862158png
For some reason SC, I did not envision palm trees looking like those, I always kept thinking those big tall trees with leaves in the tops!!!!

Expected to hit the mid-60s in this part of the Buckeye State today. So probably around noon it'll be time to go outside and see what needs to be done. Plenty....this time of year. Got a shed full of yard stuff that I need to start getting out (rain barrels, yard decorations, etc). And like someone earlier had mentioned of getting plants out of their garage...we've got some in the basement that need to come up and greet Mr. Sunshine again.

Also, getting close to starting tomato seeds for the garden. Anybody else do their own from seed...or just buy the plants when the time comes? Sometimes I'm not sure if it's worth it going the seed route. But gives you something to do when the Spring temps drop back down and you stay indoors.

For anyone watching the Rutgers game, did they ever show their coach (you know who), Mrs. M kept asking why don't they show their coach?
Didn't watch the game...haven't watched any (no interest)...what's the backstory on the Rutger's coach? I must have missed something.

Expected to hit the mid-60s in this part of the Buckeye State today. So probably around noon it'll be time to go outside and see what needs to be done. Plenty....this time of year. Got a shed full of yard stuff that I need to start getting out (rain barrels, yard decorations, etc). And like someone earlier had mentioned of getting plants out of their garage...we've got some in the basement that need to come up and greet Mr. Sunshine again.

Also, getting close to starting tomato seeds for the garden. Anybody else do their own from seed...or just buy the plants when the time comes? Sometimes I'm not sure if it's worth it going the seed route. But gives you something to do when the Spring temps drop back down and you stay indoors.

Didn't watch the game...haven't watched any (no interest)...what's the backstory on the Rutger's coach? I must have missed something.
My bad, I thought Tricky Ricky was there, he is at Iona. Do I have to self ban?

For some reason SC, I did not envision palm trees looking like those, I always kept thinking those big tall trees with leaves in the tops!!!!
:) :)

aka as fronds. Here are a few that need trimming to remove the dead "fronds"

Well today it is going to be much like yesterday. This weather pattern will continue until Easter when "magically" you can put away any sweater you own or thin jacket because they will not be needed for a long time.

Currently 58° with a few scattered showers, a 34% chance and winds are coming from the N at 6 mph. The sun wil shine as we get up to 68 degrees. Not to bad but it could be better. We do need some rain.

1200px-Spalmetto2.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT