ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D, BEAUTIFUL LORD'S DAY here in the Berg!!!

Lot's going on today maybe!!!

I talked about the Strawberry Bread we were going to make, D this the second best desert I have ever had (next to Mrs. M's orange juice cake) the glaze makes it that way. Just one thing about the glaze, if you ever make it, it calls for 2 cups of powdered sugar, don't do it, use 1 cup!!!

I hope the D, has a great day!!!! Oh and prayers!!!!

I bet he's a good dude!
Do we know our new friend? 31 stands out to me. I wonder.
28nimoy_video_hp-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Did you all notice this last night in the last couple minutes of the UNC Wisc game?

CARTER
i
HIGGINBOTTOM

I noticed, but that is a heck of a name to get across the back of a jersey. :) Well, I saw where the Weather Channel will no longer use "Dixie Alley" as a term to describe the areas in the south that are prone to tornadoes. They say that it is racially insensitive. I suppose that I will have to quit telling people that I used to live just off Dixie Highway, in Louisville. Do you think they would understand 31W? I'm sure they will get that.

I noticed, but that is a heck of a name to get across the back of a jersey. :) Well, I saw where the Weather Channel will no longer use "Dixie Alley" as a term to describe the areas in the south that are prone to tornadoes. They say that it is racially insensitive. I suppose that I will have to quit telling people that I used to live just off Dixie Highway, in Louisville. Do you think they would understand 31W? I'm sure they will get that.
I am proud to be associated with Dixie. It does not have a damned thing to do with racism. Weather Channel are the racist for dreaming up Dixie being "insensitive". I find the actions by Weather Channel to be insensitive. o_O

Dixie is one thing you can never take from my soul. I was born in Dixie, I will die in Dixie and I will be buried in Dixie, 15 feet from a Confederate soldier. So there Cancel Culture EAT IT.

And my favorite Dixie citizen is no other than Louie Armstrong. Cancel him Cancel Culture.

Welcome fan31, can't call you Bert, we already have one!!!!
I bet he's a good dude!
Isn't that redundant? We're all Bert fans here, aren't we Mr. Higginbotham?
I want to formally welcome you to the D League bertfan31. And yes Bert H is a very fine man with an even better woman to keep him in line.

Looking forward to your posts, thoughts and opinions that you will be bringing to the D. We have a nice group and a few new posters that bring a lot to the table.

Have a nice weekend.
I guess that to know you, is to love you. :)

You all do realize he will be totally out of control now, right?

I have seen your name spelled various ways. There must be a story behind that
Just screwed up. It is the same name.

The original Higginbotham to the U.S. was John Higginbotham. He was born in 1695 in St. Philip, Barbados, West Indies. He moved to Virginia at a relatively early age. He spelled his name Higginbotham. In England it was originally spelled Hichingbotham. By the time we left England the spelling in documents was Higginbotham with some exceptions. In a list of "Gentlemen of the country" about the year 1666 in Barbados it mentioned "Lt. Coll. Higgenbottome".

The cobb bottle below, found in the Carribean reads "Higinbothom Bro." They may have done that to save space!
137628943_3589303681185190_5595600482178714845_o.jpg

Good morning D-League. Looking out at the Cincinnati skyline from a hotel in Newport, down on the revitalized waterfront.

We have a little time to kill before we head a bit further south for my dad’s party. We could have stayed with one of my siblings but decided to avoid all the Covid-nonsense and just have some privacy for a while. But looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Now I’m hungry.

5d892e022e22af21897fd446

With my hair going the way of the dodo bird and my barber closing for covid, I'm saving time and money by just doing a buzz cut myself as needed.
When I went to short hair I ordered a pair of Andis hair shears.......I have been cutting my own hair for the last 10 yrs or so.......I had long hair for 20+ yrs before that.......barbers would starve if they were waiting on my money.....

Now I’m hungry.

5d892e022e22af21897fd446

They opened a Skyline here a few years ago, and it never made it. Then, a Gold Star opened in the same building, and it couldn't make it. I guess our are is just not ready for the Cincinnati chili. I like it, but once every 6-8 weeks is enough for me. I suppose others felt like me.

They opened a Skyline here a few years ago, and it never made it. Then, a Gold Star opened in the same building, and it couldn't make it. I guess our are is just not ready for the Cincinnati chili. I like it, but once every 6-8 weeks is enough for me. I suppose others felt like me.
We have them down here. There must be some transplants from Cincinnati because it is doing a real good business. If you are visiting Clearwater it is located on Gulf to Bay Blvd as you head to the beach. They always have a crowd.

Other areas of the state with Skylines are Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Naples and several more in the Miami area. And if you want to make your own our Publix stores sell the little packet with the seasoning and you can find it frozen in the frozen food section.

It is very similar to Greek cooking because of the touch of cinnamon.

We have them down here. There must be some transplants from Cincinnati because it is doing a real good business. If you are visiting Clearwater it is located on Gulf to Bay Blvd as you head to the beach. They always have a crowd.

Other areas of the state with Skylines are Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Naples and several more in the Miami area. And if you want to make your own our Publix stores sell the little packet with the seasoning and you can find it frozen in the frozen food section.

It is very similar to Greek cooking because of the touch of cinnamon.

We have it in our frozen section, as well. Most around here like it ok, but I guess we don't have the population to sustain it. Probably about like White Castle. You like it, but only so often.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Been in and out all day. Working in the yard. Nice day in the Buckeye State so thought I'd get out and do a few things. Was thinking of doing it tomorrow, but don't like to work on Sundays (brought up that way...the Lord's Day...day of rest). Spread fertilizer/pre emergence. Couple days on and then rain in the forecast for Wed....so hopefully it'll do it's magic. Put on 4 big bags (10,000 sq ft each). Could have got/done more but that's enough.
Anybody done a concentrate liquid pre emergent? Or do they even make it? Was thinking while walking around the yard with the spreader that a liquid type might be easier (although spreader's not hard).
One thing I'm thinking of doing is putting a 'tee type' area in one of the fields. Weed & feed and keep it cut and then practice short-mid irons from it. Haven't played golf in years, and doubt if I get back to it, but I figure when I'm bored it would be something to do...along with a little target practice with my pellet gun. Was thinking of putting in a green too....but too much work. But, when it gets warm, with all the yard/gardens work....don't have a lot of time to get bored.

Time to wind down and get ready for Dinner/Supper. Rotisserie chicken, asparagus, salad (maybe) and some b'day cake from earlier in the week.

Carry on. See where we lost a couple of 'pros'.......

I just saw where Boston will sign with an agent and declare for the draft. While that part isn't shocking to most anyone, it becomes shocking when you have 3 declare for the draft off a 9-16 team.

9-16

It is an absolute joke and is killing Kentucky basketball. It isn't funny anymore. And we ain't done yet bro

Haircut (normally annual, but going 2x yearly) complete. Wife has known the hair stylist for over 40 years. Long-time family friend. Everybody masked up. It seemed sorta strange during this "new normal". Front and back yards mowed. Couple beers down the hatch. Watching college basketball tourney. Hope Cal watching too. It's a doggone travesty UK Wildcats nowhere in the mix this season. I just ordered some stuff from Germany. Probably arrive next month. Life is good.

Hope y'all are enjoying this first day of spring. Weather is beyond awesome.

Hmmmmmm......stimulus checks going this past week...email from Target about a big sale on TVs, soundbars, etc.
Coincidence?
[laughing]

We're saving our entire check if/when it arrives. Honestly, I have no idea whatsoever if we've received the check or not. We're filling our return within the next few weeks.

I have seen your name spelled various ways. There must be a story behind that

Has to be drinking involved Sir. Has to be...

Oh, I do hope all had a glorious day today. I slept in late but got up, half-way cleaned my garage, vacuumed my upstairs and took my darling out for our weekly shopping trips to the markets. I do enjoy reading all's input. God's blessings to you all and your families. May you come to realize the impact God has in your lives. Give thanks, God loves you!

Haircut (normally annual, but going 2x yearly) complete. Wife has known the hair stylist for over 40 years. Long-time family friend. Everybody masked up. It seemed sorta strange during this "new normal". Front and back yards mowed. Couple beers down the hatch. Watching college basketball tourney. Hope Cal watching too. It's a doggone travesty UK Wildcats nowhere in the mix this season. I just ordered some stuff from Germany. Probably arrive next month. Life is good.

Hope y'all are enjoying this first day of spring. Weather is beyond awesome.

My wife cuts mine and has since about 1995 or so. My darling was a barber for many years and really helped us get on a good path financially. She had to be one of the highest paid barbers in San Antonio while she was there. She had a tremendous clientele. Has a knack for cutting hair but I was able to talk her out of working since we left South Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT