ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

UP3934.JPG

My dad say similar thing: "Your eyes are bigger than your gut"
I was around 9 or so, and I opened a can of dad's sardines, wanting to see if they looked like the ones on Looney Tunes. As luck would have it, dad walked in around that time and said, " You opened them, you're eating them". After about an hour or so, I finally got them down. Never did that again.

Same here. Hated oatmeal as a kid. Remember sitting at the table LONG after everyone else ate and had left....trying to get down the last spoonful of that stuff. (Now I like it...eat it often)

Parents now (the Mrs. is like this with her kids/grandkids) sometimes fix 2, maybe 3 different meals 'cause one of the kids don't 'like' something. My ex-MIL was like that too. My ex-wife's brother when they were young always had to have something different than the rest of the family. Very picky eater when he was young.

My philosophy has always been...if you don't like what was fixed...you can go hungry. Your choice. Then the 'picky' don't get so 'picky'.

At our house, dinner was usually prepared knowing that most everyone at least halfway liked it. Anytime that someone did not like what was prepared, they were always welcome to hit the P,B, & J, or make themselves a bologna and cheese sandwich.

I was around 9 or so, and I opened a can of dad's sardines, wanting to see if they looked like the ones on Looney Tunes. As luck would have it, dad walked in around that time and said, " You opened them, you're eating them". After about an hour or so, I finally got them down. Never did that again.
Yep. Sister and I pulled up a few of Pa’s green onions about 55 years ago. He said eat them or get a paddling. We ate them. Never had any more respect for anyone than I did for that man.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colgat...ore-1st-round-game-vs-arkansas-173952988.html

Just solidifies my disgust for the college game. How stupid can you get...

I WISH they'd only be as stupid as Mark Lowry...(I love this...)

I know God is no respecter of persons but how much God has blessed Bill Gaither and seeing this blesses me to no end... What joy!!!

Howdy folks. Made it to Kentucky after getting my shot.

Had some slight soreness which I refused to admit to my wife. But otherwise doing fine. We stopped in Cincy and had a nice meal at a McCormick and Schmick (my wife digs their crab cakes. It’s a Maryland thing.) Then we went to a bar I used to hang out in in my early 20s called Arnold’s. Lots of nostalgia.

Hope u all had a Good Friday.

Had some slight soreness which I refused to admit to my wife. But otherwise doing fine. We stopped in Cincy and had a nice meal at a McCormick and Schmick (my wife digs their crab cakes. It’s a Maryland thing.) Then we went to a bar I used to hang out in in my early 20s called Arnold’s. Lots of nostalgia.

Thanks. Glad y'all had a good trip. Safe travels going forward.

I've still got a $50 gift card from a co-worker for the Austin McCormick and Schmick at the Domain. Hopefully unexpired and available. My bad habit is sticking those things away, much like that amphora which lay dormant for 30+ years.

Anyway, enjoy the Bluegrass. I'm returning next month.

I had slight soreness and a little sluggish after the first shot. We'll see how it goes after the 2nd.

Morning D. Greetings from the shanty.

Cool start to the morning as we climb to a high of 54°. At least there is a chance we see a peek or two of sunshine, albeit a small chance. Been the pattern the last few days along with rain. I’m blaming “you know who“ in Smiths Grove. Some good games yesterday in the dance.

More coffee...........................................................................................................

I bet he's a good dude!
I want to formally welcome you to the D League bertfan31. And yes Bert H is a very fine man with an even better woman to keep him in line.

Looking forward to your posts, thoughts and opinions that you will be bringing to the D. We have a nice group and a few new posters that bring a lot to the table.

Have a nice weekend.

Well, it is going to be a nice day down here as the Ole Sun peaks out from a nights rest.

We are at a cool 49° with winds out of the NNE at 5 mph. Humidity is 82% with a 2% chance of rain. No basketball for the Cats today and the season has ended for Carolina, Ohio State and of course the Vols. These three teams under achieved once again but I must admit we Cat fans have no reason to talk about anyone under achieving. 9-16 is for losers and this season the Cats were big time losers. History making losers.

Take care all

amelia-island-living-magazine-florida-georgia-border-beach-sunrise-fernandina-1.jpg

Good morning D-League. Looking out at the Cincinnati skyline from a hotel in Newport, down on the revitalized waterfront.

We have a little time to kill before we head a bit further south for my dad’s party. We could have stayed with one of my siblings but decided to avoid all the Covid-nonsense and just have some privacy for a while. But looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 43°F, clear and calm. Weather lady says today's high reaches 72°F. Loving it.

Watched a couple games yesterday. Happy that North Texas defeated Purdue and Oral Roberts beat Ohio State. Very happy Tarheels got blown out. Screw them.

Getting a haircut this morning for the first time in over a year. Yes, my hair is quite long. Appointment is at 10 am. Plan on mowing front and back yards around noon. May work some other chores.

Happy First Day of Spring.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

12719499_10153484071937061_5950807457446258112_o.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

No interest myself in the tourney, just wondering how many we have lost in our house so far. I know there are 2 gone already (Clark and Jackson), does anyone know of anymore?
Fletcher is the only other one I know of but I'm assuming others will follow soon. Cal better find some transfers or it could be another long season.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 43°F, clear and calm. Weather lady says today's high reaches 72°F. Loving it.

Watched a couple games yesterday. Happy that North Texas defeated Purdue and Oral Roberts beat Ohio State. Very happy Tarheels got blown out. Screw them.

Getting a haircut this morning for the first time in over a year. Yes, my hair is quite long. Appointment is at 10 am. Plan on mowing front and back yards around noon. May work some other chores.

Happy First Day of Spring.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

12719499_10153484071937061_5950807457446258112_o.jpg
With my hair going the way of the dodo bird and my barber closing for covid, I'm saving time and money by just doing a buzz cut myself as needed.

I want to formally welcome you to the D League bertfan31. And yes Bert H is a very fine man with an even better woman to keep him in line.

Looking forward to your posts, thoughts and opinions that you will be bringing to the D. We have a nice group and a few new posters that bring a lot to the table.

Have a nice weekend.
Thank you for that. I've been lurking here for quite a while so I know there are good people here.

I watched games all day yesterday and ended up quite pleased. Schadenfreude isn't my preferred method of obtaining happiness but I'll take it when I can.

Morning D. Greetings from the shanty.

Cool start to the morning as we climb to a high of 54°. At least there is a chance we see a peek or two of sunshine, albeit a small chance. Been the pattern the last few days along with rain. I’m blaming “you know who“ in Smiths Grove. Some good games yesterday in the dance.

More coffee...........................................................................................................
Thanks catfaninsc, you helped us get sunshine today! 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT