ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I do too, I really like them and their kissin' cousins fried chicken or fish gizzards.

enhance
Well, I'm wrong.

My foster grandparents had a place in Glendale, KY that had a huge cave on it........you could drive a tractor trailer in the mouth........it was in a big sink hole........people used to come from everywhere to go splunking the cave...one group from Wisconsin stayed in there for two days......lot of fat rabbits came out of that sink hole.......
After moving from Louisville to Vertrees Ky when I was 16, we started climbing down into caves that were around in our area. There are more around there than what most people would think.

More than one.
EmdslOwWEAArVAW

[/QUOTE]
Wow, did not know they had a picture of me before I took the shot of the drug Mostlyhumana. My wife actually calls me Monkey Boy when she needs to get something out of the higher cabinets in the house. She is 5' 10" and I am 5'9" with about a 6'3" wingspan. Her brother is taller than both of us and I can still out reach him.

Neighbor across the street turned off our water and other 3 nearby houses during big freeze last month. At first, I was somewhat offended until I realized later during the deep freeze that they saved our pipes as well as their pipes and other neighbor's pipes.

Gladly walked across the street this afternoon and handed them a $25 gift certificate for HEB grocery store. They saved our butts many hundred$. Awesome neighbors. They were honored. We're happier. Water pressure is now better than before. Our old, 27 year-old hot water heater cranks better than ever. We may get another year out of it.

Neighbor across the street turned off our water and other 3 nearby houses during big freeze last month. At first, I was somewhat offended until I realized later during the deep freeze that they saved our pipes as well as their pipes and other neighbor's pipes.

Gladly walked across the street this afternoon and handed them a $25 gift certificate for HEB grocery store. They saved our butts many hundred$. Awesome neighbors. They were honored. We're happier. Water pressure is now better than before. Our old, 27 year-old hot water heater cranks better than ever. We may get another year out of it.

Good to hear. Great to have good neighbors. I'd have never thought a water heater in SA would go more than 10 to 15 years with that white stuff they call water in Texas. I had a whole house water softener with an RO system, I took a five gallon bucket of calcium out of the bottom of the water heater when I bought the house back in about mid-2005. Even had two exterior spigots installed to where I could wash our car (When there weren't restrictions.)

I liked HEB's and Bill Millers... (They didn't sell S-car-gots either.) ;)

Thanks BBUK...This was out of the blue...It makes me recall Warren Zevon's line about taking nothing for granted in life: Enjoy every sandwich.
It's a pity for Warren Zevon. The man was an excellent musician and most people only remember him for "Werewolves of London" and "Lawyers, Guns and Money". Similar to Box Scaggs only being remembered for Lido Shuffle and Lowdown.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and clear. Winds may slow later. Today's high should reach 70°F or so. Beautiful.

This week marks my one year anniversary of working from home. It's been one heck of a year. Based on everything we're hearing, I doubt we begin working back in the office before summer. Even then, we'll continue working from home, alternating days or even weeks.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

D2CCYaPXQAA4HE_.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and clear. Winds may slow later. Today's high should reach 70°F or so. Beautiful.

This week marks my one year anniversary of working from home. It's been one heck of a year. Based on everything we're hearing, I doubt we begin working back in the office before summer. Even then, we'll continue working from home, alternating days or even weeks.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

D2CCYaPXQAA4HE_.png

I started working from home March 3rd last year. How time flies. Not complaining but I have worked much more than I worked in the office. (I guess the commute time has something to do with that.) MAN I love chocolate caramel....

I started eating real dark chocolate and it drastically curbed my sweet/ sugar addiction. I don't have the cravings I once did and can stay away from the sweet chocolate a lot now. I'd never pass it up previously. The real dark chocolate is an acquired taste as it doesn't really taste good but man it was a near life-saver for me. A very small quantity daily now of the 92% or 95% variety has cut my sugar intake some 80 to 90%. I am thankful!

Oh, I DO hope you all have a day to where you can be a change-agent for someone else that is in need. God bless you for submitting to God's plan for your life. If you have not, please submit to God's will in your life as God is faithful and will provide for you better than you can provide for yourself. (It IS hard to let go of your control but you will never regret making that decision.) You can come to know true peace and joy. God Bless you all and your families!

Just watched a news conference by our governor. Our schools will NOT teach "Critical Race Theory" He said it is not worth one red cent. Florida schools will teach American History and not some fantasy that grew out of an Ivy League think tank.

Another nice gesture by the governor is to give every police officer, firefighter and first responders a $1,000 bonus paid for by the State of Florida. $1,000 is not much compared to what they do for us but it does let them know they are appreciated and respected.

Good morning D, cold here in the Berg, not much going on today.

I mentioned a couple days age that a storage cabinet that I wanted at Home Depot went up in price $60 in one day, I just clicked on it yesterday just to be curious to see what it cost to have it delivered, $210!!!! So I started looking around and found the same one at Menards $231 with a 11% rebate, making it $205, may have to go to Owensboro today or tomorrow and get it.

The strawberries we got I believe were the best I have had in a while!! We are going to make some strawberry Bread with glaze tonight!!!

Tried to watch some basketball last night, just couldn't get interested!

I hope the D, has a goodun and prayers and safe travels!!!!

I started working from home March 3rd last year. How time flies. Not complaining but I have worked much more than I worked in the office. (I guess the commute time has something to do with that.) MAN I love chocolate caramel....

I started eating real dark chocolate and it drastically curbed my sweet/ sugar addiction. I don't have the cravings I once did and can stay away from the sweet chocolate a lot now. I'd never pass it up previously. The real dark chocolate is an acquired taste as it doesn't really taste good but man it was a near life-saver for me. A very small quantity daily now of the 92% or 95% variety has cut my sugar intake some 80 to 90%. I am thankful!

Oh, I DO hope you all have a day to where you can be a change-agent for someone else that is in need. God bless you for submitting to God's plan for your life. If you have not, please submit to God's will in your life as God is faithful and will provide for you better than you can provide for yourself. (It IS hard to let go of your control but you will never regret making that decision.) You can come to know true peace and joy. God Bless you all and your families!

I really like dark chocolate. Besides the health benefits, now milk chocolate just doesn't taste the same as it did before. Well, my wife and I got our 2nd vaccine, yesterday @ 3:00 and neither one of us have had any ill effects. Hopefully, if they were going to show up, they would have done so by now.

Morning folks. It is 41.7°F and overcast. That is 18° cooler than yesterday morning. We are supposed to top out at a blazing 54°.

I must start working on taxes. My CPA will see me April 6. I am running out of time.

I did not watch basketball last night. No interest. In fact I am half way mad at the way the NCAA is handling it. All in one state with limited participation by the schools.

I was really proud of my friend and Senator Rand Paul dress down Fouci stupid mask wearing. If you did not see it I suggest you watch it. Rand deals with science and Fouci is now a political hack for Joe Biden.

Morning folks. It is 41.7°F and overcast. That is 18° cooler than yesterday morning. We are supposed to top out at a blazing 54°.

I must start working on taxes. My CPA will see me April 6. I am running out of time.

I did not watch basketball last night. No interest. In fact I am half way mad at the way the NCAA is handling it. All in one state with limited participation by the schools.

I was really proud of my friend and Senator Rand Paul dress down Fouci stupid mask wearing. If you did not see it I suggest you watch it. Rand deals with science and Fouci is now a political hack for Joe Biden.

I saw that too Sir. Rand did Kentucky and the United States proud. I hope at least Kentucky appreciates what he did to that quack! Doctor versus Doctor was a beatdown of the hack.

I have no interest in watching either, of course that could change later in the tournament.

Rand Paul is the best Senator in the United States of America. Thank God for him.

I hope Gonzaga wins it!!!
I haven't really caught onto the tournament yet but I think I would like to see Gonzaga win it too. It would be nice to see an undefeated team cut down the nets. It has been a very long time since that happened. Kentucky could not get it done but maybe Gonzaga can.

I like Gonzaga's style of play and I like that they have players who want to return and play more than one year. It would be good for basketball to see them win it all, IMHO.

Yep. Fauci probably blamed the Keystone pipeline for the spread of Covid in the states it ran through. :)

Last edited:
Rand Paul is the best Senator in the United States of America. Thank God for him.
I used to be a bit lukewarm on him. Maybe a carryover from his Dad, who I didn't care a whole lot for.
But now I agree....think he is the best Senator. He's kind of like Lindsey Graham's mouth/words only with resulting action (which Graham never does).

I used to be a bit lukewarm on him. Maybe a carryover from his Dad, who I didn't care a whole lot for.
But now I agree....think he is the best Senator. He's kind of like Lindsey Graham's mouth/words only with resulting action (which Graham never does).

Graham is a farce and even he knows it. Anyone who'd cowtow to McCain is a farce...

That was my house. If you want it take it but you better eat it. I think when you had parents who grew up in the depression of the 30's that is how you were raised.

If one of us did not eat everything on our plate, mama would put it in the ice box and serve it the next day. Pretty soon you got the message. I knew very few picky eaters growing up.
Same here. Hated oatmeal as a kid. Remember sitting at the table LONG after everyone else ate and had left....trying to get down the last spoonful of that stuff. (Now I like it...eat it often)

Parents now (the Mrs. is like this with her kids/grandkids) sometimes fix 2, maybe 3 different meals 'cause one of the kids don't 'like' something. My ex-MIL was like that too. My ex-wife's brother when they were young always had to have something different than the rest of the family. Very picky eater when he was young.

My philosophy has always been...if you don't like what was fixed...you can go hungry. Your choice. Then the 'picky' don't get so 'picky'.

• We started off this morning in Cumming at about 45º. About 55 now. Trying to get to 72º later.
  • Oops.....Good Morning to the D-Leagueanites and Lurkers. I hope all of you are well.
  • I heard gunshots an hour or so ago. Not supposed to be doing that in this county.
  • Saw a Chipmunk on the deck first thing this morning.
  • Nothing happening here.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Get your shots.
  • Take care.

Same here. Hated oatmeal as a kid. Remember sitting at the table LONG after everyone else ate and had left....trying to get down the last spoonful of that stuff. (Now I like it...eat it often)

Parents now (the Mrs. is like this with her kids/grandkids) sometimes fix 2, maybe 3 different meals 'cause one of the kids don't 'like' something. My ex-MIL was like that too. My ex-wife's brother when they were young always had to have something different than the rest of the family. Very picky eater when he was young.

My philosophy has always been...if you don't like what was fixed...you can go hungry. Your choice. Then the 'picky' don't get so 'picky'.

Yes exactly! When my two daughters were here for nearly two years that was the angst of my issues with them. They knew exactly how to "play" their mother and get "Mom" to cook their favorites no matter if it took my wife hours each meal. My wife will be 64 in August and though she looks in her early forty's she is not. Many angry periods of time came up especially due to these "uses" of their Mom. Like I continually told them, you are not teenagers any longer, darned if you are going to do your Mom this way. (Yeah, I got that out. Still angry over it. My wife calls me a grumpy old man now.)(The jest of it is how my children still treat me and their mother. Yeah, I'm angry.)

My darling is a tremendous cook. I eat whatever she cooks no matter what she cooks and then clean the dishes. Not my daughters, they mooch for the days they were kids....

This week marks my one year anniversary of working from home.
I started working from home March 3rd last year.
Rough Year.
My father’s 90th birthday is tomorrow and we’re surprising him.
I'm Jealous, Awaiting that DANG! 2nd shot I'm Kneeding.
I did not watch basketball last night. No interest.
I have no interest in watching either
ZERO! But I'm struggling with caring about anything.
Rand Paul is the best Senator in the United States of America.
Not saying anything bad about Rand I him a lot. but that bar is REALLY low.
2da63ce1f36c8f4baad56a1326a6dd9b_400x400.jpeg

That's from a ornery lowdown good for nothing deplorable Neanderthal who knows the difference between thoughtful logic and BS.
Graham is a farce and even he knows it. Anyone who'd cowtow to McCain is a farce...
7HXu.gif

Maw Maw and Paw Paw Floyd were asked to leave their place in 1929. They packed up everything they had in pillowcases and loaded it all on a mule and took two children and a cow and rented a farm nearby (about 100 acres) and started over.

They were as poor as church mice. Always.

They always had a fireplace and a wood-burning cookstove.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT