ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Love fried chicken livers.
I do too, I really like them and their kissin' cousins fried chicken or fish gizzards.

enhance

During my UK days it was "hair of the dog". Actually didn't work like everyone thinks but back then it didn't matter.
When I was younger I played music with a group........it was mostly guys that I went to HS with.......we would go to a bluegrass festival every month from April to Sept.......a couple of them were hard drinkers.............one of them would say that, "his hang over was so bad.......he had to drink four beers before one would stay down.....and he wasn't too far from the truth......

Raise your hand if you had to take a bath in one of these when you were a little one. I did, if I recall grandma called it her No 5. Since we did not have a swimming pool she used it for the grandkids to splash around also. But you had to pump your own water.

Once they dug a well with an electric pump we hooked up water hoses to cool off. But that was after grandpa died and the boys got some "juice" for the house. Or better known as electricity.

161891216_10226652351245057_2323785642407357749_o.jpg

Went to a family reunion a few times in the country outside Mt. Vernon. Went spelunking outside of town one time in college. Now that is something if you've never done it. No tourist stuff....but you better go with someone who knows what they're doing. Put your hand 1/2 inch from your face and you can't see it. Got kind of hairy a couple times.
My foster grandparents had a place in Glendale, KY that had a huge cave on it........you could drive a tractor trailer in the mouth........it was in a big sink hole........people used to come from everywhere to go splunking the cave...one group from Wisconsin stayed in there for two days......lot of fat rabbits came out of that sink hole.......

Raise your hand if you had to take a bath in one of these when you were a little one. I did, if I recall grandma called it her No 5. Since we did not have a swimming pool she used it for the grandkids to splash around also. But you had to pump your own water.

Once they dug a well with an electric pump we hooked up water hoses to cool off. But that was after grandpa died and the boys got some "juice" for the house. Or better known as electricity.

Raise your hand if you was always last in line..........a gray bath.........

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • 3 mugs of Dark Magic today.
  • Small breakfast.
  • Clouds disappearing. Thanks.
  • My GM had one of those. And one of those.
  • I love Fried Chicken Livers in wonderful gravy with about as many biscuits as I could hold..
  • Dad loved the Gizzards. I didn't care for them.
  • Pet Peeve: These drivers that roar up and down our little;e narrow road at 30/40 mph. The speed limit is 25. Lot of Walkers. The Sheriff needs to be called, but I don't want to be that guy.
  • Five Pugs live next door. Yappers. Saw them chasing a Whitetail down the fence row yesterday. Funny as heck.
  • Rain stopped.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.

I do too, I really like them and their kissin' cousins fried chicken or fish gizzards.

enhance
Growing up, you either ate what food was on the table, or you went hungry. That's how I acquired my taste for livers and gizzards. Listening to your gut growl wasn't much fun. As for my daughters, a team of mules couldn't drag them to a plate of livers.

Delta dental, wife has that with her job. They pay I think 50% for implants. Not sure about anesthesia cost. Will be sitting it up after next regular dentist visit.
I just checked our provider, MetLife Dental. They took over coverage for Delta Dental. They also cover 50% in-network and 40% out-of-network. I'm gonna get my teeth fixed this year.

"Somebody shut that juice off." "Cut that light off."

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • 3 mugs of Dark Magic today.
  • Small breakfast.
  • Clouds disappearing. Thanks.
  • My GM had one of those. And one of those.
  • I love Fried Chicken Livers in wonderful gravy with about as many biscuits as I could hold..
  • Dad loved the Gizzards. I didn't care for them.
  • Pet Peeve: These drivers that roar up and down our little;e narrow road at 30/40 mph. The speed limit is 25. Lot of Walkers. The Sheriff needs to be called, but I don't want to be that guy.
  • Five Pugs live next door. Yappers. Saw them chasing a Whitetail down the fence row yesterday. Funny as heck.
  • Rain stopped.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
Mr. Don, write a letter, tell them you have almost seen some people and CHILDREN hit by cars, that might work, annomyus , wait aanomyus , nope annnumyous , ah heck don't sign your name!!!! That happenrd close to here only drugs were involved, someone sent a letter to the task force and didn't sign it, wasn't long till there were cops everwhere, hummmmmmm! Wonder who! I don't like to lie, but if it saved someone's life I would!!!!

Shocking news for me: A guy I worked with every day before we shut down our office, not a close friend but a genial colleague, dead of Covid. I'd put his age as early 50s. I was working with him on a project so his boss reached out to me Monday and said he was sick with Covid so the work was delayed. Then we get this awful news.

Ironically I'm slated to get my first vaccination in the morning -- just before I drive to Kentucky to be part of my dad's 90th birthday celebration Saturday. I was thinking about blowing it off so I could get on the road sooner, but if it helps lower the chance I can catch and spread the virus, I'm going for it...

Shocking news for me: A guy I worked with every day before we shut down our office, not a close friend but a genial colleague, dead of Covid. I'd put his age as early 50s. I was working with him on a project so his boss reached out to me Monday and said he was sick with Covid so the work was delayed. Then we get this awful news.

Ironically I'm slated to get my first vaccination in the morning -- just before I drive to Kentucky to be part of my dad's 90th birthday celebration Saturday. I was thinking about blowing it off so I could get on the road sooner, but if it helps lower the chance I can catch and spread the virus, I'm going for it...

Sorry to hear you going through it. My daughter has gone through heck with people she is caring for dying left and right of Covid. She has been sober in her demeanor for a while now. I wish I could take away the pain she has endured. Especially with her new child..

Yes, I am about of the adage to go ahead and get the vaccine... (My wife and I will together.)

Sorry to hear you going through it. My daughter has gone through heck with people she is caring for dying left and right of Covid. She has been sober in her demeanor for a while now. I wish I could take away the pain she has endured. Especially with her new child..

Yes, I am about of the adage to go ahead and get the vaccine... (My wife and I will together.)
Thanks BBUK...This was out of the blue...It makes me recall Warren Zevon's line about taking nothing for granted in life: Enjoy every sandwich.

I now have to ask for, forgiveness! I thought I was a better man, but I was weak! I had to go out for a bit and when I walked by, they said, hey cord you know you want some, but I kept walking, but I just couldn't keep on walking. So I turned around and said yes I want some, so I bought me some chicken livers!!!! LORD please forgive me!!!!
Me and my wife sin in the same manner, especially if it is KFC livers.

When I was younger I played music with a group........it was mostly guys that I went to HS with.......we would go to a bluegrass festival every month from April to Sept.......a couple of them were hard drinkers.............one of them would say that, "his hang over was so bad.......he had to drink four beers before one would stay down.....and he wasn't too far from the truth......
. . . . . was his last name Higginbotham? 🤣

Nope I never did.

We were white privileged folks. 🤣

Good morning D-League. I hope you party animals are recovering from your wild bacchanals on St. Patrick's day.
Free Solo documentary.
Pernell (2nd from left) sends me images of observations (feathers and birds) A very talented botanist.
Brahma_Temple_t670.jpg
*.pdf
Same for me. I would always buy the USA Today on Monday and use it to do my selections. They had info on every team that I used in filling out my brackets.
Me either 1st Time.
Went spelunking outside of town one time in college. Got kind of hairy a couple times . . . I loved the spelunking.
I have been in every cave in this area and there are more caves here than any place on earth. Spelunking used to be my middle name.
Bertrand Spelunking Higginbotham. Has a nice ring to it.
That would work Cousin Ding-a-ling.
Hope I NEVER know what that means...
You would have to be a Proctologist.
I now have to ask for, forgiveness! I thought I was a better man, but I was weak! I had to go out for a bit and when I walked by, they said, hey cord you know you want some, but I kept walking, but I just couldn't keep on walking. So I turned around and said yes I want some, so I bought me some chicken livers!!!! LORD please forgive me!!!!

Raise your hand if you had to take a bath in one of these when you were a little one.
More than one.
EmdslOwWEAArVAW

Get the shot.

Get the shot.

Spring coming to North Austin. Redbud blooms for about one week now. We're about a month ahead of KY and TN.

Tree (large bush) on the right may have possibly died from the big freeze last month. I'll give it a few more months.

162224993_10223555447374870_5203054742444434971_o.jpg

Looks like you will be cutting grass, soon. I am spreading pre-emergent this weekend, but probably a month from cutting grass.

Chick-fil-A tonight. Picked up a wrap and chicken noodle soup for wife. I got a Cobb salad with small sweet tea.

Life is good.

I really like their chicken tortilla soup, but it is seasonal, and they have already quit serving it. Got our 2nd Covid vaccine today. Hopefully, we will not have any side effects, but if we do, 8 hours of fatigue is worth not getting the virus.

Last edited:
Growing up, you either ate what food was on the table, or you went hungry. That's how I acquired my taste for livers and gizzards. Listening to your gut growl wasn't much fun. As for my daughters, a team of mules couldn't drag them to a plate of livers.

I believe that I would eat bark off a tree before eating gizzards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT