ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

We watch ME-TV more than anything these days. Nothing but 50s, 60s, and 70s (a little early 80s) shows. Often tell the Mrs I'm surprised they don't come after this network....if they aren't already. But they make up for it a bit with the 'new', 'woke' commercials....I'll leave that there.

95% of my tv viewing is youtube. It's one of the main reasons I stick with my old HD tv instead of getting 4K.

A funny from FaceBook:
159840986_280547433434933_6742636162823957487_n.jpg
I've been there.......pretty creepy feeling...........one of my bucket list items is dancing with the pagans among the stones on the Summer solstice.......I may or may not choose to wear clothing..........

I am afraid this and many more movies of the past will be soon buried in the Sea of Forgetfulness by the Cancel Culture.

I hear Bing Crosby is under attack now and Cancel Culture would like his movies banned. Some already are. What a country.

But at least transgenders in our military can wear red high heel shoes. For that we should be thankful I suppose.
Maybe that means that MASH is safe.....

Yeah, for me it's basically ME-TV or YouTube. An old movie/western on Amazon once in awhile, but that's about it.

What I won't do for my daughter(s). I haven't watched TV in years except a couple episodes of the Golden Girls and maybe one or two episodes of MASH. I keep my Sling TV only because my youngest daughter has a soap opera she likes to DVR and watch. I watch whatever I want to watch in my collection or using FaceBook free video's or clips. If a movie I want to watch is available on ebay and reasonable I will buy it. My young daughter knows exactly what it costs me each month for her to only do that one thing ($45.00). I am sick over wasting that much money but darn she's a nurse and has a hard way. I've been looking to see if I can purchase her some sort of subscription as it is WAY TOO much for that one thing. The contract is month to month too. All I have is my Verizon internet at $69.00 a month for 500/500. (I DO use that and so does my darling.)

What I won't do for my daughter(s). I haven't watched TV in years except a couple episodes of the Golden Girls and maybe one or two episodes of MASH. I keep my Sling TV only because my youngest daughter has a soap opera she likes to DVR and watch. I watch whatever I want to watch in my collection or using FaceBook free video's or clips. If a movie I want to watch is available on ebay and reasonable I will buy it. My young daughter knows exactly what it costs me each month for her to only do that one thing ($45.00). I am sick over wasting that much money but darn she's a nurse and has a hard way. I've been looking to see if I can purchase her some sort of subscription as it is WAY TOO much for that one thing. The contract is month to month too. All I have is my Verizon internet at $69.00 a month for 500/500. (I DO use that and so does my darling.)

I have Sling just so my wife can watch Fox News. I don't watch it at all. But a mere $45 mo to keep one's wife happy? It's a good deal I think.

I have Sling just so my wife can watch Fox News. I don't watch it at all. But a mere $45 mo to keep one's wife happy? It's a good deal I think.
Fox is still on the air? As much as I appreciate Tucker, Sean and Shannon, I changed the channel when I realized that fair and balanced meant equal treatment of falsehoods and truths designed to deceive and confuse.
newsmax-whiffs-en-el-debut-de-nielsen-ratings-promedia-solo-21000-espectadores.png

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing this afternoon. Today's high should reach 82°F.

Anybody filling out a bracket this year? I might.

Slow cooking some @cordmaker chicken stew again later this morning, but with a twist: adding frozen peas and carrots. Stay tuned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

artichoke-hearts-day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing this afternoon. Today's high should reach 82°F.

Slow cooking some @cordmaker chicken stew again later this morning, but with a twist: adding frozen peas and carrots. Stay tuned.

artichoke-hearts-day.jpg
The Director and myself made a stab at making Canadian Bacon........she found a recipe........I soaked it in a brine concoction for 4 days ......put it in the smoker on 200 degrees with cherry chips for smoke...almost 4-1/2 hrs..... .until the internal was 155 degrees.......as it was resting on the counter the Director was looking over her recipe and announced that maybe there was a problem........her recipe was for a full pork loin.......I had a half loin.........so she says...."it might be a little salty"..........it was unbearable..........the dogs wouldn't eat it.......all of the spices were doubled...........I get to pick out the recipe on the next one...........

artichoke-hearts-day.jpg
Please let me know how that turns out! Mrs. M said, that sounds like chicken pot pie stew!!!!

Good morning D, extremely heavy fog this morning here in the Berg! I could not see my shadow when I went out, so does that mean like 4 more days of winter or something like that!!!!

That was a great show about the 78 team, man what memories!!! The freshmen were taught by the seniors, distant memories!!!!

Not much going on today, except we are heading to Madisonville to deliver the last two panels to my grandsons, looking forward to seeing them! I may hit the new permission I got to metal detect today, I remember the people who lived there when I was a kid. I thought they were old back then, but I am older than they were then!!!

Italian Beef passed the Mrs. test last night!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!!

Oh I was going to mention this, I was looking at a storage cabinet to set out on our deck to put my stained glass tools in Sunday, but I decided to wait till yesterday to order it, the thing was $60 higher in one day!!!!!!! Mrs. M said it was because the checks were coming out! I tried to call them about it and guess what, I couldn't talk to anyone, imagine that!!!!!

Foggy in the Buckeye State as well. Fog, drizzle, wet. Have no idea of the temp as I haven't been out and haven't looked at the weather. Too lazy at the moment to hit 'enter' for a weather app or to say 'Alexa' across the room to ask the temp. That's pretty bad....but the fog and drizzle makes it that way.

Anybody else feel stupid talking and asking questions to a little gizmo on your table or countertop? 'Hey Google' or 'Hey Alexa' or with your phone? And then instead of saying my phone, or the Google nest .... you call it her?

Question for Ky. boys. Ever had dried fried apple pies? Not just fried apple pies....but DRIED fried apple pies? My mom used to make them and I love them. Never made them for years but for whatever reason woke up thinking about them. I would have to get the dried apples first....which there's a little staple store out in the country owned by a German Baptist (Amish) woman and she sells them in 1 pound bags. Might get some here in the next few days.
They must be a Ky thing (Mom from Ky) as in people in Ohio don't know what you're talking about. Even when I lived in Georgia, people there or from Alabama hadn't heard of them.

Have a good one!

Got my renewal/bill for Amazon Prime yesterday. They don't send a bill per se....they just stick on your monthly statement. Guess you could call and cancel and it would be credited, but I've always thought it's a sneaky way to do things. Most people (us) just pay it. When I first got it I think it was $65/year....now $127. And not that many years.....maybe 7 or 8. I want to drop it although the free Prime shipping comes in handy sometimes. Prime video I hardly ever watch and most of their movies/shows (a ton of them) you can pretty much find other places.
But the Mrs wants to keep it. She watches more movies than I do (and whereas I won't/don't watch movies with trashy language, PC stuff, etc .... she will... gets caught up in the story and doesn't even notice it). Plus her son-in-law is rather high up the food chain at Amazon corporate so I guess she feels that we should have it.

Last night I set aside an hour and watched the special on the 1978 team. It brought back memories of what it was like to be a UK fan when basketball was at it's best. That game was played well over 40 years ago but the quality of basketball played was off the charts.

Today's game pales compared to those days. That was a team that was determined to leave UK with a National Championship and they did it. As I saw Givens, Lee, Robey and Phillips reach their goals I thought of this years team. Poor Ole BJ Boston would have been destroyed by that bunch. I mean broken in half. They were men who knew how to play the game of basketball.

Foggy in the Buckeye State as well. Fog, drizzle, wet. Have no idea of the temp as I haven't been out and haven't looked at the weather. Too lazy at the moment to hit 'enter' for a weather app or to say 'Alexa' across the room to ask the temp. That's pretty bad....but the fog and drizzle makes it that way.

Anybody else feel stupid talking and asking questions to a little gizmo on your table or countertop? 'Hey Google' or 'Hey Alexa' or with your phone? And then instead of saying my phone, or the Google nest .... you call it her?

Question for Ky. boys. Ever had dried fried apple pies? Not just fried apple pies....but DRIED fried apple pies? My mom used to make them and I love them. Never made them for years but for whatever reason woke up thinking about them. I would have to get the dried apples first....which there's a little staple store out in the country owned by a German Baptist (Amish) woman and she sells them in 1 pound bags. Might get some here in the next few days.
They must be a Ky thing (Mom from Ky) as in people in Ohio don't know what you're talking about. Even when I lived in Georgia, people there or from Alabama hadn't heard of them.

Have a good one!
My MOM made them, My sister has a gallon jar that our MOM had when she passed away, that still has some in it!

Have a good one!
My mom and grandmas made them. they also made apple stack cakes from dried apples—thin layers of cake with cooked dried apples spread evenly between each layer, as many as six, ten or more layers high. i have a recipe for it somewhere but never got around to making it. they always tasted better the next day.
9a1d2f4ae039c276d941ec56dab7071c.jpg

Please let me know how that turns out! Mrs. M said, that sounds like chicken pot pie stew!!!!
[laughing]

We're currently at a temporary production halt. It appears the carton of chicken broth I purchased a few days ago had been tampered with. No-tamper seal was punctured. I poured it out. Plan on grabbing more after a phone call here in a few.

We watch ME-TV more than anything these days. Nothing but 50s, 60s, and 70s (a little early 80s) shows. Often tell the Mrs I'm surprised they don't come after this network....if they aren't already. But they make up for it a bit with the 'new', 'woke' commercials....I'll leave that there.
Give them time and they'll be after shows like "All in the Family" and "The Jefferson's". If it offends them, then they should learn how to operate the remote and change the channel.

Morning Legionnaires!

Thought I would change the picture up for this morning. Below is one of the three Iron Mike's I won as A Drill Sergeant back in the day. Had to give the French Legionnaire the day off today.

Going to do some spring cleaning this morning then off to instruct my 2 students in Karate. After that, another attempt at bass fishing. Released the 2 yesterday and my wife ask why. Was not ready to keep any yet. She reminded me that her mother and brother are coming over this weekend (they don't eat meat) and she will have to buy fish if I don't bring home my catch. Bummer, not they are coming over (OK yeah) but that I now need to perform and catch their dinner. Not too bad though, if I catch enough I will still go out Saturday and fish some more while they are over. Heh, heh, heh.

Last night I set aside an hour and watched the special on the 1978 team. It brought back memories of what it was like to be a UK fan when basketball was at it's best. That game was played well over 40 years ago but the quality of basketball played was off the charts.

Today's game pales compared to those days. That was a team that was determined to leave UK with a National Championship and they did it. As I saw Givens, Lee, Robey and Phillips reach their goals I thought of this years team. Poor Ole BJ Boston would have been destroyed by that bunch. I mean broken in half. They were men who knew how to play the game of basketball.
I was in Germany at Fliegerhorst Kaserne in Hanau and watched the game in our day room on AFN (Armed Forces Network). Started about 2 or 3am and I did not sleep that night awaiting the game. Still had PT the next morning so, I was a bit tired but much happier the next day.

I was in Germany at Fliegerhorst Kaserne in Hanau and watched the game in our day room on AFN (Armed Forces Network). Started about 2 or 3am and I did not sleep that night awaiting the game. Still had PT the next morning so, I was a bit tired but much happier the next day.
We would have never got there if Coach Hall didn't have the 🏀s to bench some starters at the half of the FSU game. Something I've never seen Calipari do.

Good morning D-League. Hope all is well.

I hated to miss that documentary on the 1978 team last night. I really loved that team and remember that tournament run - the game against FSU where the Cats trailed at the half, the game against Magic and Michigan State, the game against the three excellent scorers at Arkansas and of course the Duke final -- very well.

What I remember about that team that is lost forever is how good Goose was in the mid-range game. Moving without the ball to get open for a 16-foot jump shot would be considered a waste today but he was a master -- that 41 point performance in the finals didn't include a dunk or many layups as I recall.

I always think of that 1978 tournament as marking the divide in my life. Every year up until then, my dad, brothers and uncles would watch the games. I left home that year and watched the games in an apartment in Pompano Beach Florida - I had a pretty local girl to keep me company but it was still a lonely feeling. I invested in a long distance call when it was over to share the moment with my dad...

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning D-League. Hope all is well.

I hated to miss that documentary on the 1978 team last night. I really loved that team and remember that tournament run - the game against FSU where the Cats trailed at the half, the game against Magic and Michigan State, the game against the three excellent scorers at Arkansas and of course the Duke final -- very well.

What I remember about that team that is lost forever is how good Goose was in the mid-range game. Moving without the ball to get open for a 16-foot jump shot would be considered a waste today but he was a master -- that 41 point performance in the finals didn't include a dunk or many layups as I recall.

I always think of that 1978 tournament as marking the divide in my life. Every year up until then, my dad, brothers and uncles would watch the games. I left home that year and watched the games in an apartment in Pompano Beach Florida - I had a pretty local girl to keep me company but it was still a lonely feeling. I invested in a long distance call when it was over to share the moment with my dad...

Hope you all have a good day.
I think someone posted it over on RR BWO?

artichoke-hearts-day.jpg

I know some people's hearts I want to choke!

Oh, in lieu of a heart choking may your heart be filled with gladness this day. God created this day for you. Embellish in God's goodness and plan for you TODAY! (We are not promised tomorrow...). Accept it! Love it! Live it! God Bless you all...

Since we have a few discussions about history/archeology.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT