1-Tbsp Lowery's
1-Tbsp All seasoning or Angelo's
Pepperoncini's- 6or8 and add small amount of juice

Place all ingredients in crock-pot
Do not add water
Cook on high for 6-8 hours
Do not stir till done
Serve on buns with your favorite cheese

When I make this, if I use 2 large roasts, I do like 1 1/2 Tbsp of spices, because it can get real salty!

Colonel, I had no idea we had anything that blatant going on in the US, though I can't say anything happening in Portland surprises me. They'll learn the hard way, eventually. The Swiss thought it was a way to isolate all the drug horror in one park. Of course, it was just a giant magnet sucking in the dregs of society from thousands of miles away.

I saw some similar things along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border in November 2001, outside a city called Quetta. Afghan refugees were smuggling heroin out, and inevitably even in a strict Muslim country, addiction followed.

They isolated it in a CEMETERY there. A photographer and I spent the night there documenting it for a story. That was a long night. Here's a couple of the photos the guy -- Ed Ornelas of the Hearst San Antonio News-Express- took.

Many years ago I was stationed in Turkey. Turkey is pretty much a Muslim country. You could see the opium fields from the base. It was always the women working in the fields, never the men. At times, I was prone to hit the pavions (night clubs) down on the waterfront in Izmir. There would be whole city blocks of men sitting side by side smoking opium in their water pipes.

Many years ago I was stationed in Turkey. Turkey is pretty much a Muslim country. You could see the opium fields from the base. It was always the women working in the fields, never the men. At times, I was prone to hit the pavions (night clubs) down on the waterfront in Izmir. There would be whole city blocks of men sitting side by side smoking opium in their water pipes.
Bernie, Were those the "French Connection" days when Turkish opium would be refined to heroin in Marseilles and shipped to New York?

Anyway, a poppy field is a lovely thing. I saw a lot of them in Afghanistan.

A funny from FaceBook:
159840986_280547433434933_6742636162823957487_n.jpg

Bernie, Were those the "French Connection" days when Turkish opium would be refined to heroin in Marseilles and shipped to New York?

Anyway, a poppy field is a lovely thing. I saw a lot of them in Afghanistan.

And in the Wizard of Oz (Not making light of the subject) That Witch seemed to have an affinity for those Poppy's, make's you wonder about the connotations in some areas of a movie I love.

HA, some are trying to nail you hard. I don't venture over there much any longer but if I do and I see it, I got your back! (Not that it matters what I got... ;))
Thanks BBUK. I don't blame anybody for being angry at Cal and the basketball team. But things are a bit out of control and counter-productive over there, so I'm adding my tiny weight and arguments to the other side. But I certainly don't want to drag that debate to this much more interesting and thoughtful thread...

Thanks BBUK. I don't blame anybody for being angry at Cal and the basketball team. But things are a bit out of control and counter-productive over there, so I'm adding my tiny weight and arguments to the other side. But I certainly don't want to drag that debate to this much more interesting and thoughtful thread...

And, I may not always agree with you but unlike a LOT of the others, you state things in a civil manner with reasonable reasoning like a human being. While I want EVERYONE to think like me, I respect that and will always be able to get along with you in any venue. ;) (For the record concerning Cal, while I have ALWAYS admitted that I am a basketball fan with no intricate knowledge of the game, never tried learning either, I consider myself a leader. Cal did himself in with me when he quit being a leader and placated (Pick a group). The kneeling did him in AND it did the team in too. A decided lack of character and Cal never showed that side of placating people to get the end result he worked toward. (He may have placated behind the scenes and from his actions it is likely he did as it is real hard to reverse your character.) The end result in this instance Cal never contemplated nearly well enough. He did a bad thing. (I left it at that as far as my input on other boards and I will leave it to those points here and not go further. I believe like you; it is counter-productive.)

I still state, if Cal can un-kneel (This word was deleted by some MOD in a thread on the other boards, it may be deleted here too.), there is hope for him going forward, unless he can, I don't think he can overcome what he himself very ignorantly created. It never had to be... Cal is a likeable guy. (Just a hint; You cannot kneel to anyone or anything but God and win. You cannot. The caveat; EXCEPT your wife!!!!😁)

Last edited:
We got our 1st Friday. We're fine. 2nd Apr 16th. No confidence in the kneed.

Good morning D, I would love to see some sunshine!!!!!
I like reading about your lives, it makes my life look like I was kept in a locked room!!! It makes me wish is shoulda, woulda, but I didn't, GOD had my life planned out for me.

I hope the D, has a good one and Prayers for the D!!!!
Thanks, I too believe he hears my prayers and speaks to me. My struggle begins when I don't listen.
I have seen a lot of people lately advocate to legalize all drug use and we would have less people in prison. I don't see how, most businesses can still make it against policy to have this stuff in your system because it will affect performance and sick days. When people start losing their jobs how do they pay for their now addiction to the harder drugs? Crime. Not only that, in reference to sick days there would be a need for counseling and time off for detox which companies will not pay for either. Who will pay for that? There are other concerns too but, I won't go over all of them here but, the bottom line is I believe we would be worse off.
Drug addiction (surrender) becomes a societal illness creating an environment for the subsidized predators (criminals). Unfortunately, subsidized predators act to consume their preferred prey into extinction (death). The attack on our society enhancing the despair creates both preadtor and prey. Politicians use the same senario feeding on the chaos.
Morning D. Greetings from the shanty.

Hope all are doing well.

More coffee....................................................................................
I kow I miss your intellectual prowlness.
Where have you been young man?
Dilly Dilly
And in the Wizard of Oz (Not making light of the subject) That Witch seemed to have an affinity for those Poppy's, make's you wonder about the connotations in some areas of a movie I love.
I too see the magic of creative entertainment genius that used to be for all audiences crossing the line of coercion of opinion via manipulative deceit. I still believe the Wizard of OZ remains a great story and fabulous movie for all ages if we can protect it from censoring edit.

I too see the magic of creative entertainment genius that used to be for all audiences crossing the line of coercion of opinion via manipulative deceit. I still believe the Wizard of OZ remains a great story and fabulous movie for all ages if we can protect it from censoring edit.
I am afraid this and many more movies of the past will be soon buried in the Sea of Forgetfulness by the Cancel Culture.

I hear Bing Crosby is under attack now and Cancel Culture would like his movies banned. Some already are. What a country.

But at least transgenders in our military can wear red high heel shoes. For that we should be thankful I suppose.

Yeah, why can't we as a society take things at face value any longer? Why must there be an ulterior motive in everything along with a hidden message??? Sorry people, for the most part, the every day person is not that smart nor are they looking for something deep..

Last edited:
My MOM'S Italian Beef
1-Large Chuck roast
1-Tbsp Basil
1-Tbsp Oregano
1-Tbsp Garlic powder
1-TbspOnion powder
1-Tbsp Black pepper
1-Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-Tbsp Lowery's

Do not add water
Do not stir till done

When I make this, if I use 2 large roasts, I do like 1 1/2 Tbsp of spices, because it can get real salty!
Sounds good!

I am afraid this and many more movies of the past will be soon buried in the Sea of Forgetfulness by the Cancel Culture.

I hear Bing Crosby is under attack now and Cancel Culture would like his movies banned. Some already are. What a country.

But at least transgenders in our military can wear red high heel shoes. For that we should be thankful I suppose.
We watch ME-TV more than anything these days. Nothing but 50s, 60s, and 70s (a little early 80s) shows. Often tell the Mrs I'm surprised they don't come after this network....if they aren't already. But they make up for it a bit with the 'new', 'woke' commercials....I'll leave that there.

We watch ME-TV more than anything these days. Nothing but 50s, 60s, and 70s (a little early 80s) shows. Often tell the Mrs I'm surprised they don't come after this network....if they aren't already. But they make up for it a bit with the 'new', 'woke' commercials....I'll leave that there.
That's what we watch too!

My MOM'S Italian Beef
1-Large Chuck roast
1-Tbsp Basil
1-Tbsp Oregano
1-Tbsp Garlic powder
1-TbspOnion powder
1-Tbsp Black pepper
1-Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-Tbsp Lowery's

Do not add water
Do not stir till done

Sorry D, I forgot one thing. When you take the meat out, strain the broth to get all of the stuff out of it, then pour it back in the meat.

🙁.....😠.....😡.....🤬 Started taxes in earnest today. Did some organizing/filing in early January.
Always, always, always gets me in a bad mood. With several rental properties, one being commercial, it is a total hassle. Not as bad as a few years ago when we also had a business (even bigger hassle).
Ugh. Time to kick the dog.
Should have been like Sawnee and done it weeks ago.

The only way I could get it posted here. It is worth the read.

Katharine Hepburn, in her own words:
“Once when I was a teenager, my father and I were standing in line to buy tickets for the circus.
Finally, there was only one other family between us and the ticket counter. This family made a big impression on me.
There were eight children, all probably under the age of 12. The way they were dressed, you could tell they didn't have a lot of money, but their clothes were neat and clean.
The children were well-behaved, all of them standing in line, two-by-two behind their parents, holding hands. They were excitedly jabbering about the clowns, animals, and all the acts they would be seeing that night. By their excitement you could sense they had never been to the circus before. It would be a highlight of their lives.
The father and mother were at the head of the pack standing proud as could be. The mother was holding her husband's hand, looking up at him as if to say, "You're my knight in shining armor." He was smiling and enjoying seeing his family happy.
The ticket lady asked the man how many tickets he wanted? He proudly responded, "I'd like to buy eight children's tickets and two adult tickets, so I can take my family to the circus." The ticket lady stated the price.
The man's wife let go of his hand, her head dropped, the man's lip began to quiver. Then he leaned a little closer and asked, "How much did you say?" The ticket lady again stated the price.
The man didn't have enough money. How was he supposed to turn and tell his eight kids that he didn't have enough money to take them to the circus?
Seeing what was going on, my dad reached into his pocket, pulled out a $20 bill, and then dropped it on the ground. (We were not wealthy in any sense of the word!) My father bent down, picked up the $20 bill, tapped the man on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, sir, this fell out of your pocket."
The man understood what was going on. He wasn't begging for a handout but certainly appreciated the help in a desperate, heartbreaking and embarrassing situation.
He looked straight into my dad's eyes, took my dad's hand in both of his, squeezed tightly onto the $20 bill, and with his lip quivering and a tear streaming down his cheek, he replied; "Thank you, thank you, sir. This really means a lot to me and my family."
My father and I went back to our car and drove home. The $20 that my dad gave away is what we were going to buy our own tickets with.
Although we didn't get to see the circus that night, we both felt a joy inside us that was far greater than seeing the circus could ever provide.
That day I learned the value to give.
The giver is bigger than the receiver. If you want to be large, larger than life, learn to Give. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything.
The importance of giving, blessing others can never be over emphasized because there's always joy in giving. Learn to make someone happy by acts of giving.”
~ Katharine Hepburn
(from Everything Good in the World)

The only way I could get it posted here. It is worth the read.

Katharine Hepburn, in her own words:
“Once when I was a teenager, my father and I were standing in line to buy tickets for the circus.
Finally, there was only one other family between us and the ticket counter. This family made a big impression on me.
There were eight children, all probably under the age of 12. The way they were dressed, you could tell they didn't have a lot of money, but their clothes were neat and clean.
The children were well-behaved, all of them standing in line, two-by-two behind their parents, holding hands. They were excitedly jabbering about the clowns, animals, and all the acts they would be seeing that night. By their excitement you could sense they had never been to the circus before. It would be a highlight of their lives.
The father and mother were at the head of the pack standing proud as could be. The mother was holding her husband's hand, looking up at him as if to say, "You're my knight in shining armor." He was smiling and enjoying seeing his family happy.
The ticket lady asked the man how many tickets he wanted? He proudly responded, "I'd like to buy eight children's tickets and two adult tickets, so I can take my family to the circus." The ticket lady stated the price.
The man's wife let go of his hand, her head dropped, the man's lip began to quiver. Then he leaned a little closer and asked, "How much did you say?" The ticket lady again stated the price.
The man didn't have enough money. How was he supposed to turn and tell his eight kids that he didn't have enough money to take them to the circus?
Seeing what was going on, my dad reached into his pocket, pulled out a $20 bill, and then dropped it on the ground. (We were not wealthy in any sense of the word!) My father bent down, picked up the $20 bill, tapped the man on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, sir, this fell out of your pocket."
The man understood what was going on. He wasn't begging for a handout but certainly appreciated the help in a desperate, heartbreaking and embarrassing situation.
He looked straight into my dad's eyes, took my dad's hand in both of his, squeezed tightly onto the $20 bill, and with his lip quivering and a tear streaming down his cheek, he replied; "Thank you, thank you, sir. This really means a lot to me and my family."
My father and I went back to our car and drove home. The $20 that my dad gave away is what we were going to buy our own tickets with.
Although we didn't get to see the circus that night, we both felt a joy inside us that was far greater than seeing the circus could ever provide.
That day I learned the value to give.
The giver is bigger than the receiver. If you want to be large, larger than life, learn to Give. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything.
The importance of giving, blessing others can never be over emphasized because there's always joy in giving. Learn to make someone happy by acts of giving.”
~ Katharine Hepburn
(from Everything Good in the World)

Acts 20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

And then you have this (the opposite IMO)...
PETA protests Ringling Brothers in Pikeville...

Got to fishing spot at noon and stayed only two hours because it got windy. Had 5 strikes and hooked 2 and landed them. Below is a picture of them and part of Rattler pond which you can see a hill just above the pond. Over that hill is the FT. Sill OK live fire hand grenade range which with the name Rattler and the grenade range most people don't like fishing there. Perfect for me because it keeps many a good amount of bass in the pond. I have pulled some 5 and 6 pounders out of there. The first bass was about 2 1/2lbs and the second a little over a pound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT