ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Stomping grounds (Rooster's Escape) is now a treasure.
9f32fd3cf6d4ac9bef92a114c13bfb2f.jpg
Falls-of-the-Ohio-Fossils-1.jpg

Linky
Very nice Rooster! And similar to lots of stuff I'd find as a kid in Northern Kentucky - crinoids stems and brachiopods and I see a small orthoceras nautaloid at what I'd describe as the top of the lower right quadrant. This is a look at the bottom of the sea in the Ordovician Period around 400 million years ago, based on what I've been told.

Last edited:
Just got home from getting my shot. I tell you people are IDIOTS!!!!! Setting there with 4 others and one of the ladies ask a woman (not lady) if she had some refills to get, she said yea I got some Xanax to get and the guy she was with jumps up and says what the hello, then she goes what the f is your problem, well hello I don't want it yelled all over the fing place!! I am setting there thinking, man if they act like this in public, it must be heck at home!!!!

Very nice Rooster! And similar to lots of stuff I'd find as a kid in Northern Kentucky - crinoids stems and brachiopods and I see a small orthoceras nautaloid at what I'd describe as the top of the lower quadrant. This is a look at the bottom of the sea in the Ordovician Period around 400 million years ago, based on what I've been told.

Only 325 million years ago... (Can't use "carbon" dating. Climate change...) 😁

I am the dinosaur
It's called the D-league.
0hrbtwtve7b21.jpg

"Family Histories of Edmonson County Kentucky"
JOHN RICH; an early pioneer of Edmonson County KY was John Rich. he was born in NC 8 Sep 1810 to William Rich and Lucy Lee Rich. His brothers and sisters were James, Sarah, Sydney, Obed, Nancy, Charlotty, William jr, Polly, and Patsy. William Rich died in IL sometime after writing a letter to his son John, expressing a desire to see him again in KY. When John Rich first came to KY is not known, but he was in the state when he was 18 yrs old. At that time he fell in love with Miss Elizabeth Morris who was 16 yrs old. John Rich followed Elizabeth to Bowling Green KY where they were married 16 Oct 1829. Sometime after John and Elizabeth were married, they moved to IL where her parents and His had gone to live. While there, John took part in the Black Hawk War of 1832. After he came home from the War, he moved his family back to Edmonson County KY. they settled near Nolin River not far from Dismal Rock. John and Elizabeth had 12 Children: Tabitha, James Riley, Mary, Lucy A, Martha Jane, Sarah, William Allen, Miles Washington, Nancy, Hiram, Thomas, Emeline, John Wilson and Clara Rebecca. John Rich was a Baptist and was a messenger to the Green River Association several time dating as early as 1841. In 1868 John was the trustee of the Holly Springs Church at Dismal Creek when a deed for one acre of land was obtained from W. C. Dodge for a church house. When the small church divided in 1874 John went with the "Moon Association" and became known as a hard shell Baptist because he believed in corresponding with Missionary Baptist Churches. John was said to have been of dark complexion and very strong. It is rumored that he was part Indian. This may have been true, or it could have stemmed from his exceptional abilities to use a bow and arrow. He could also handle a gun with the ease of the true marksman. Wild game was bountiful in those days and John Rich was truly home in the forest of Edmonson County KY. Elizabeth Died 22 Dec 1881 and John died 12 Nov 1882. both are buried in the Rich Family graveyard near Nolin Dam in Edmonson Co KY. By Billie Jo Rich. (Poteet Cemetery - MCNP)
More Forklore ==> Masonic Commeration (1934)
PLTe771s_o.jpg

A lot of people are afraid to go over this bridge and will go four hours out of the way to avoid it. And others think it is as much fun as a roller coaster ride at the State Fair.

I will never forget the day the old one fell into Tampa Bay killing over 30 people.

158955722_10159522311988958_2575676161942304380_n.jpg
Haven't gone over the new bridge yet...have the old one.
Have gone over this one twice. First time as a kid. Don't drive....you walk. For about 70 years it was the highest bridge in the world. Still remember that first time. 1,000 feet below you. Royal Gorge in Colorado.....

royal_gorge_bridge_colorado_1.jpg

A lot of people are afraid to go over this bridge and will go four hours out of the way to avoid it. And others think it is as much fun as a roller coaster ride at the State Fair.

I will never forget the day the old one fell into Tampa Bay killing over 30 people.

158955722_10159522311988958_2575676161942304380_n.jpg
That looks nerve-wracking Sawnee. When we go to the beach in Delaware, or to visit my wife's brother there, we cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, which has earned the title below. Honestly, I don't find it scary at all but it freaks out my wife and daughter - though both drive it often enough. There have been a number of fatalities over the years, many involving 18-wheelers on windy days...

That looks nerve-wracking Sawnee. When we go to the beach in Delaware, or to visit my wife's brother there, we cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, which has earned the title below. Honestly, I don't find it scary at all but it freaks out my wife and daughter - though both drive it often enough. There have been a number of fatalities over the years, many involving 18-wheelers on windy days...

I've driven that a few times, no biggie but I wasn't aware of that history. May have to be afraid the next time. ;)

Just wanted folks to know I got a short text from FCC saying he had just finished treatment at Radcliffe Ky. called Lincoln Trails. Says he feels great. So if Y'all would keep him in your prayers!

Will do. Hope The Lord gives him the strength to overcome it, this time. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
No kidding. The best is when some seer tries to see through my eyes, then tell me what I see or worse . . . what I don't. I've had educated people explain to my face, I'm made of heavy elements fused in a celestial super nova event that occurred some 15 billion years ago and that I needed proof of divinity in a universe expanding at the speed of light in all directions.

If it was mine and I found out it wasn't worth anything, the way I am, I would be finding me a saw and I would be cutting it in half just to see what it looked like inside!!!!
haha. That would be interesting. I can tell you one of the reasons I knew it was a fossil left by a what was one time a living animal is that there is what looks like a channel or cord for nerves running through it. You might find something interesting inside.

If Marble? Polish?
I might try that Rooster. One of my big regrets in the fossil collecting world is when I was in my early 20s I worked a pipeline job on the Montana-North Dakota border, outside the town of Wibaux, Mt., and the ditching crew cut right through a patch of petrified trees from the dinosaur (Jurassic) period.

I set aside a big chunk that weighed about 50 pounds, that had brilliant reds and greens and yellows running through it. I had planned to cut and polish that, but ended up leaving it out in a garden of a woman's home when a relationship ended.

Haven't gone over the new bridge yet...have the old one.
Have gone over this one twice. First time as a kid. Don't drive....you walk. For about 70 years it was the highest bridge in the world. Still remember that first time. 1,000 feet below you. Royal Gorge in Colorado.....

royal_gorge_bridge_colorado_1.jpg
I've been over that bridge a couple of times. It's one of those where I get over to the railing and squeeze REAL tight!!! You look down at the river and wonder, what are those little dots moving down the river...then you realize they're rafts! 😦

No kidding. The best is when some seer tries to see through my eyes, then tell me what I see or worse . . . what I don't. I've had educated people explain to my face, I'm made of heavy elements fused in a celestial super nova event that occurred some 15 billion years ago and that I needed proof of divinity in a universe expanding at the speed of light in all directions.

Much, much easier to believe in my God creating the heavens and the earth than to think ALL of this splendor and wonder that is this world alone came to be from a "Big Bang".... (Imagine how we are presently conversing was created per chance out of a Big Bang that happened "millions or billions" of years ago.) Nah, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

"Big Bang".... (Imagine how we are presently conversing was created per chance out of a Big Bang that happened "millions or billions" of years ago.)
For me, "Big Bang" is a starting point beginning we cannot comprehend. Math, physics and chemistry tools of this creation. I have zero evidence it was by chance. And a universe of evidence to explore. For me, time is a perspective and my frame of reference, to my chagrin, somewhat limited. I've always suspected the stars were so distant because we're just deplorable Neanderthals and not supposed to go. Glad your house is not a democracy. Neither is mine. All life is sacred, Humans aspire to be divine. Civility is expected. And the Lord is served with pride.

Last edited:
For me, "Big Bang" is a starting point beginning we cannot comprehend. Math, physics and chemistry tools of this creation. I have zero evidence it was by chance. And a universe of evidence of to explore. For me, time is a perspective and my frame of reference, to my chagrin, somewhat limited. I've always suspected the stars were so distant because we were because we're just deplorable Neanderthals. Glad your house is not a democracy. Neither is mine. All life is sacred, Humans aspire to be divine. Civility is expected. And the Lord is served with pride.

I enjoy the plane you speak from. A Unique perspective that is enjoyable to me. Thanks

John Calipari here: “you people are crazy”! Couldn’t resist. Y’all throwing out a lot of stuff last few days, and I can’t keep up. Dropping by to wish the best to all. Still tied up trying to get my mom back healthy and happy. Will keep reading when I can and try to check in from time to time, liking the fossil/ rock discussion. I’m in a very interesting geological area with very diverse findings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT