ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D, looks like a huge frost out there this morning!!!

I saw two deer in my front yard yesterday, doe and a fawn, kinda unusual.

Not much going on today as of right now, that could change before Mrs. M goes to work.

Please remember my friend's grandson in your prayers, his heart surgery is in the morning!

Have a great and safe day D and prayers for the D, I don't know your needs, but GOD does!!!!

A bright, sun shiny morning to all
bright+sun.jpg

Finally all the snow in the yard is gone. Still some piles next to the road or in a parking lot. Long range forecast shows some 60s for next week, and 50s for later this week. I feel Spring Fever coming on ... hopefully not the China Flu.

When I lived in Atlanta, March 1st always marked the day when I would get out the Summer clothes and pack up Winter's. That day obviously comes later in Ohio. There's been days in May around here where I've had to put on a sweatshirt or semi-heavy jacket.

Prayers for your friend's grandson cord. Nothing worse than a little one who is in pain or is going thru something that a little one shouldn't have to bear. But on the other hand, when they're that little the worries are minimal because they don't really know what's happening.

A bright, sun shiny morning to all
bright+sun.jpg

Finally all the snow in the yard is gone. Still some piles next to the road or in a parking lot. Long range forecast shows some 60s for next week, and 50s for later this week. I feel Spring Fever coming on ... hopefully not the China Flu.

When I lived in Atlanta, March 1st always marked the day when I would get out the Summer clothes and pack up Winter's. That day obviously comes later in Ohio. There's been days in May around here where I've had to put on a sweatshirt or semi-heavy jacket.

Prayers for your friend's grandson cord. Nothing worse than a little one who is in pain or is going thru something that a little one shouldn't have to bear. But on the other hand, when they're that little the worries are minimal because they don't really know what's happening.
He has a hole in his heart that didn't close up, two more did.

I'll pass this along to the D, I had a large skin tag below my eye one time, I had a check up and ask my doctor, a good friend also, I ask him if he could take off for me. He said I can charge you this much or you can remove the tag yourself, no pain. So he proceeds to tell me to get a strand of hair from your wife, (not yours cause you tie a knot with that 1/8" long hair of yours) tie a knot around the tag and in a few days it will just fall off and IT DID a few days later, free of charge!!!! My S-I-L has also done this, it works! I have used fishing line too, just not 80lb. test!!!!!

I have taken off several large tags in the same manner, but I just used regular thread, It works great on larger tags that are not too big at the base. If they tend to be flat, and more just on the surface, try the chemical.

Not much going on today as of right now, that could change before Mrs. M goes to work.

Please remember my friend's grandson in your prayers, his heart surgery is in the morning!

Have a great and safe day D and prayers for the D, I don't know your needs, but GOD does!!!!
I had a cousin who passed away from the same heart condition........he was only 5 yrs old.......they had us young boys foe his pall bearers......I was 12 yrs old at the time......It is incredible to think where they have gone with heart medicine...I remember as a kid watching an open heart surgery on TV.....I think it was local.........

Never had a banana cream pie before.
They are addictive. I have never passed up a piece of banana cream pie or coconut cream. Or a chocolate or pee-can or an apple , a peach. Well I doubt there is any piece of pie I would pass up. The next time I do will be the first time.

I checked my blood sugar at noon and it was 76. If I don't get a piece of banana cream pie soon I might just up and die.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 40°F, clear and calm. Today's high looks like 72°F. Nice.

Another loss in the books. What a miserable season. I suppose the game against the Gamecocks this coming Saturday is our last for the regular season. Hope we sweep the SEC tournament. Highly unlikely, though.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

52885531_2186596761400968_6687730010809171968_n.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Vhat vere ve doingk last night. Dat vas not Bisketball.

Dat's all I got.
One regular season game to go and we still do not have 10 wins for the season. Of all the things in the world I thought I would never live to see, this is one of them. UK basketball worse than below average.

There are no words to describe how far this program has fallen. Even UK's biggest enemy could not have prayed for anything like this. It is painful and it appears there are no answers and no light at the end of this tunnel.

One regular season game to go and we still do not have 10 wins for the season. Of all the things in the world I thought I would never live to see, this is one of them. UK basketball worse than below average.

There are no words to describe how far this program has fallen. Even UK's biggest enemy could not have prayed for anything like this. It is painful and it appears there are no answers and no light at the end of this tunnel.
You bet. They simply give up. Even late last night Brooks played like he was scared.

What I found remarkable was the discussion of Jackson and Boston going in the top 16? If they have that potential we sure have not seen it this season.

Anyway it is a sunny 28.8°F here. I go to the doctors office at 8am to get a blood test.

You all have a good day.

One of many things i’ve seen these past twelve months that i never thought i’d live to see, and wish i hadn’t seen. we can only hope for a brighter future.

Last edited:
I saw a screen shot of someone who is a so called basketball expert grading Boston on his NBA potential. I was shocked.

This analyst gave Boston straight "A's" and one of the grades was for scoring, he got an A-

Now I am not an expert but I have seen some scorers in my life and he is not one of them. People like this "analyst" make college basketball a total joke.

Boston also got A's in "length" and "fluidity". Big deal. Where is the grade for Basketball IQ, ability to bring the ball up the court and throw a decent pass. You know things that matter.

Going to OKC here in about 2 hours to the Century Martial Arts warehouse with my friend (old karate instructor) and his girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/girlfriend now ex-girlfriend whew!, I can't keep up with it. He is 62, she is 33 and had a lot of bad relationships including a soon to be ex husband that is serving 14 years in prison for trying to kill her. She is a bit off kilter and their on again off again relationship is due a lot to her. She is very attractive but crazy me thinks. She is still with him because she is now one of our students along with another 29 year old woman that is like a niece to me (she calls me uncle mac) because I was there when she was born. We have been training them for about 5 months now. Picking up some more training gear because I found out yesterday that a few more ladies want to join our little group for self defense lessons. We use a large warehouse that my (God niece if you will) works as a gymnastics instructor for her father and mother. They have morning classes from 8-12 and evening classes from 4-8pm. We use the gym between 1-3pm free of charge. Got to get me some more pads because I let my God niece kick and punch me and her power is increasing. Starting to feel it now.

The Mrs. is watching a British mystery show on YouTube. Called '13 Steps Down'. A two part mini series that was on British TV in 2012. Very good about a psycho murderer. Anyway. for the last 10-15 minutes the main guy, the psycho, has been wearing an orange jacket that has a 'Lexington, Ky 125' on the front and back. Imagine that in a British show based in London.

Googled it but can't find out what it is. Probably someone on the production staff....writer, director, etc has/had some connection with Lexington. Maybe into thoroughbreds or something.

Sir,
Any news/ updates on the surgery? I know it is still early but any news is appreciated.

Oh, and may you all feel a touch from God. He is in control but it sometimes seems as if God does not care. GOD will take care of you!

Sir,
Any news/ updates on the surgery? I know it is still early but any news is appreciated.

Oh, and may you all feel a touch from God. He is in control but it sometimes seems as if God does not care. GOD will take care of you!

I got a message at 7, they had taken him back at 6:30 and there were 3 other children in surgery at that time. Surgery was to be 2-3 hours, just waiting on an update. Thank you for checking, will update as soon as I hear something!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 40°F, clear and calm. Today's high looks like 72°F. Nice.

Another loss in the books. What a miserable season. I suppose the game against the Gamecocks this coming Saturday is our last for the regular season. Hope we sweep the SEC tournament. Highly unlikely, though.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

52885531_2186596761400968_6687730010809171968_n.jpg
Sorry...can't get excited about cold cuts day 😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT