ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

That just made me think of something from I believe 2014-2015 season. I used to post on Rafters under a different username, but just quit after Wisconsin until a couple years ago. I have forgotten almost all the posters that posted them. But I knew when I started posting on the D , that I had seen Bert’s name and had some kind of back and forth with him. I had made up a song to the music of “The devil went down to Georgia” and posted it on Rafters. Something about refs at a Georgia game. I remember Bert wanted to steal it or something. Don’t know why I just now remembered lol.

When I get bact to pickin again......(hope)......I'll have to put some music to your song.......
Know you had a fairly serious accident a few weeks back....was it a finger for chords or for pickin'?

I've always wanted to learn to play guitar, but I broke a finger years ago playing ball. Doesn't bother me and looks fine, but when I bend my fingers on the hand (chord fingers) it bends a little 'off'. Had a hard time getting the chords right because of it....so I gave it up.

Know you had a fairly serious accident a few weeks back....was it a finger for chords or for pickin'?

I've always wanted to learn to play guitar, but I broke a finger years ago playing ball. Doesn't bother me and looks fine, but when I bend my fingers on the hand (chord fingers) it bends a little 'off'. Had a hard time getting the chords right because of it....so I gave it up.

I played a lot of guitar, Still have mine close but I haven't touched it other than to dust it off and move it for several years. No real reason, just haven't, something always seems to come up.

That just made me think of something from I believe 2014-2015 season. I used to post on Rafters under a different username, but just quit after Wisconsin until a couple years ago. I have forgotten almost all the posters that posted them. But I knew when I started posting on the D , that I had seen Bert’s name and had some kind of back and forth with him. I had made up a song to the music of “The devil went down to Georgia” and posted it on Rafters. Something about refs at a Georgia game. I remember Bert wanted to steal it or something. Don’t know why I just now remembered lol.
Because I am one of the good guys that just loves to argue. :cool:

A blast from my past. That is my youngest daughter at her first birthday party (House was trashed, had a lot of people over but the food was great!) so I know this picture is 29 years old. Me, my daughter, and my Dad. I think I just got back from work. (Our home in Radcliff, Kentucky)

153547264_4259915770688637_3533844545508455151_n.jpg

Edit: I guess if there is any irony in this post, it is that the baby you see in this picture is the mother of my Grandson I just saw go off to day-care today. He seems to be doing well. His Mom and Aunt, and my darling along with his cousin are out eating. I am able to get a little work completed....

Last edited:

It is in my ring finger on my fretting (L) hand......I saw a guy play the banjo who barely had any fingers....the one he had was so short that he had to reach over the neck vs under........one of the better banjo players I ever heard.....if you closed your eyes it sounded spot on......different if you understand the nuances.........he played for The Mountain Heart band..........this old dog is too old to learn new tricks........it is hard to erase a lifetime of muscle memory.......some of it is almost like breathing

I played a lot of guitar, Still have mine close but I haven't touched it other than to dust it off and move it for several years. No real reason, just haven't, something always seems to come up.
I've got a Martin D-18 V-neck that I normally play every day.......I have to be in the mood to pick the banjo.....it really isn't any fun by to play banjo by yourself.........I've also got a nice Stratocaster.......I haven't had it out of the case in a few years......I rattled some of the Director's crystal off of a shelf...........now it is just a radio for me.....🙁

Actually I am. But they’re spattered with Youngeluengue.🥴

MAN! I don't have a drop of anything in the house. I went to Walmart this past weekend intending to buy a case of Yuengling but that stupid store was out of Yuengling except for some 24 packs of cans. I almost bought a case of Budweiser but held off. At the time I had one bottle of Yuengling left and knew that would get me through the weekend. I am currently, without... I will see if I can remedy that in the next day or two.... (Never saw that store be that out of Yuengling. The secret must be out...darn.)

MAN! I don't have a drop of anything in the house. I went to Walmart this past weekend intending to buy a case of Yuengling but that stupid store was out of Yuengling except for some 24 packs of cans. I almost bought a case of Budweiser but held off. At the time I had one bottle of Yuengling left and knew that would get me through the weekend. I am currently, without... I will see if I can remedy that in the next day or two.... (Never saw that store be that out of Yuengling. The secret must be out...darn.)
I’m more hard liquor during winter, don’t do much beer. But I’m gonna be laying off all of it for probably at least a couple weeks after tonight, due to family health issues. Hence, my post to UK82. I’ve been nipping and didn’t look close enough. I will feel stupid tomorrow, but tonight, don’t feel much of nothing.

I’m more hard liquor during winter, don’t do much beer. But I’m gonna be laying off all of it for probably at least a couple weeks after tonight, due to family health issues. Hence, my post to UK82. I’ve been nipping and didn’t look close enough. I will feel stupid tomorrow, but tonight, don’t feel much of nothing.
Don't feel stupid. Small time blunder compared to my many embarrassments. Best of luck with the family health issues.

Brother, I got your back in this instance. No need to feel stupid. Just call it being as loose as goose grease... Been there but doubt I will do much serious drinking again. Two or three on a quiet day is my limit now. Who knows when this covid crap lifts. May have a party with long lost friends. (Speaking of which we may need to meet up after this nut escapade and a group of us tie one on. I may even take vacation time for that!)

Bless you!

Brother, I got your back in this instance. No need to feel stupid. Just call it being as loose as goose grease... Been there but doubt I will do much serious drinking again. Two or three on a quiet day is my limit now. Who knows when this covid crap lifts. May have a party with long lost friends. (Speaking of which we may need to meet up after this nut escapade and a group of us tie one on. I may even take vacation time for that!)

Bless you!
Thanks really appreciate it. Yeah, dealing with some stuff I’ve never dealt with before. But we all have to go through it sometimes. It’s just my time. Thanks for the support, means a lot and I don’t forget. Just ask Bert 🤗

Thanks really appreciate it. Yeah, dealing with some stuff I’ve never dealt with before. But we all have to go through it sometimes. It’s just my time. Thanks for the support, means a lot and I don’t forget. Just ask Bert 🤗

We all have our crosses to bear. Just in different areas. Jesus paid it all, keep your eyes on him, trust that he loves you, and bask in God's love knowing that he will never put on you more than you can bear.

This is not on topic but I felt it was necessary to share.........I had a skin tag/mole appear on my eyelid about 2 yrs ago........I ignored it until about Thanksgiving last year......It had gotten large enough to pull my eyelid down.......I had been thinking about performing surgery on it but the Director wasn't in agreement.....I bought a product called Hempvanna Skin tag remover.....I brushed the liquid several time a day.....for 12 weeks......IT IS GONE! I didn't spend a couple grand with the doctor.........I didn't have to do the surgery myself.........and IT"S GONE...........$19.99 and it really, really works...........

Last edited:
This is not on topic but I felt it was necessary to share.........I had a skin tag/mole appear on my eyelid about 2 yrs ago........I ignored it until about Thanksgiving last year......It had gotten large enough to pull my eyelid down.......I had been thinking about performing surgery on it but the Director wasn't in agreement.....I bought a product called Hempvanna Skin tag remover.....I brushed the liquid several time a day.....for 12 weeks......IT IS GONE! I didn't spend a couple grand with the doctor.........I didn't have to do the surgery myself.........and IT"S GONE...........$19.99 and it really, really works...........
I'll pass this along to the D, I had a large skin tag below my eye one time, I had a check up and ask my doctor, a good friend also, I ask him if he could take off for me. He said I can charge you this much or you can remove the tag yourself, no pain. So he proceeds to tell me to get a strand of hair from your wife, (not yours cause you tie a knot with that 1/8" long hair of yours) tie a knot around the tag and in a few days it will just fall off and IT DID a few days later, free of charge!!!! My S-I-L has also done this, it works! I have used fishing line too, just not 80lb. test!!!!!

I'll pass this along to the D, I had a large skin tag below my eye one time, I had a check up and ask my doctor, a good friend also, I ask him if he could take off for me. He said I can charge you this much or you can remove the tag yourself, no pain. So he proceeds to tell me to get a strand of hair from your wife, (not yours cause you tie a knot with that 1/8" long hair of yours) tie a knot around the tag and in a few days it will just fall off and IT DID a few days later, free of charge!!!! My S-I-L has also done this, it works! I have used fishing line too, just not 80lb. test!!!!!
I suggested this procedure to the Director......(she's a respiratory therapist = Dr. Director) before I thought about freezing it and cutting it off and stiching it up......it would have left a scar but this thing was HUGE.......I didn't know I had that much growing left in me......I was thinking about using silk thread.....

I suggested this procedure to the Director......(she's a respiratory therapist = Dr. Director) before I thought about freezing it and cutting it off and stiching it up......it would have left a scar but this thing was HUGE.......I didn't know I had that much growing left in me......I was thinking about using silk thread.....
Tying it off is painless, I guess it's like de-walling a hog!!!😂

I also saw that advertised on TV and wondered if it worked, thanks for the review!!!!

Good morning D, looks like a huge frost out there this morning!!!

I saw two deer in my front yard yesterday, doe and a fawn, kinda unusual.

Not much going on today as of right now, that could change before Mrs. M goes to work.

Please remember my friend's grandson in your prayers, his heart surgery is in the morning!

Have a great and safe day D and prayers for the D, I don't know your needs, but GOD does!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT