ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I got home yesterday evening from the hospital. Surgeon says that I was pretty bad. The procedure went well, and I can get up and walk with no problems, but I have a post-operative issue. Seems that even though the surgery went as planned, The root nerve became aggravated and swollen. The end result is the worst sciatica that I have ever had, in both legs. Hopefully, as the swelling goes down, it will subside. Surgeon said it may take up to 5 days for that to happen, so as badly as I hate it, I have been taking some pain medication. It was the only way I could get any sleep. As far as the rest of it, it's been great.
Praying things get better for You Ben, sooner rather than later!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and cloudy. Possibility for rain around mid-morning. We're already at today's high. Temps cooling off more later today and tonight.

Monday, Monday......

Cats play tomorrow evening.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National+Peanut+Lovers+Day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and cloudy. Possibility for rain around mid-morning. We're already at today's high. Temps cooling off more later today and tonight.

Monday, Monday......

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Looks like a PBJ sammich for lunch today. Darn You Austin

A good morning to a new work week for all who still cash a payroll check (direct deposit).
A good morning to all the retirees as well ... stay awake.

Nice warm spell here in the Buckeye state. Still some snow here and there after 3-4 days in the 40s and 50s and some rain. Watched a couple YouTube videos on gardening this morning. Starting to get the Spring bug. Think I'll expand the garden this year. Just more work. Not much planned for today. May dog sit my buddy but not sure.

Put in an order at the Ky Colonel store the other day. Since I haven't worn a UK hat (which I use to all the time) or a UK shirt since the first Florida game.....I've stocked up on others, one being Ky Colonel.

Monday, Monday......

I have PB almost every day. Changed my diet a few years ago....Keto. While not the best oil, PB is not a real bad one. So many times I mix PB with dark chocolate chips and peanuts for a snack. Carbs are fairly low...just have to watch the portions of all or the calories will get up there.

I have PB almost every day. Changed my diet a few years ago....Keto. While not the best oil, PB is not a real bad one. So many times I mix PB with dark chocolate chips and peanuts for a snack. Carbs are fairly low...just have to watch the portions of all or the calories will get up there.
My lunch was going to be meat and potatoes for lunch but now, because of Austin, I will have a PB&J. Meat and spudtatoes will have to be dinner.

Put in an order at the Ky Colonel store the other day. Since I haven't worn a UK hat (which I use to all the time) or a UK shirt since the first Florida game.....I've stocked up on others, one being Ky Colonel.

Funny you mentioned UK gear. I have been downsizing my UK collection and it is most difficult thing to sell. There is no interest in what once was in high demand. I collected every Cats Pause football and basketball yearbook since the first one came out and only sold a handful. All below cost and all in above excellent condition. Same for autographed UK basketballs. I have the 2012 NCAA Championship ball signed by the whole team and no interest. Also a second one signed by Calipari. No interest.

Same for UK programs, UK media guides, etc. No interest and some go back to the 1960's.
Now for things that do sell. Old antique license tags and Danbury Mint - Franklin Mint 1/24 scale die cast models. I sold 215 of those out of my total 302. I collected since the early 1990's and now they have quit making them, so they are in demand. And so it goes

My rain gauge may be off, but this is what it says for the rain event this weekend. That is a bunch of rain for Smiths Grove.

154947768_3733894686726088_2417969923303361317_o.jpg
Depends on which phone you look at for us, I have 2.5 and Mrs. M has 2.9, so you know which one she said was right!!!! I kept telling her that, when looking out our kitchen window that Bert was getting lots of rain!!!!!

Good morning D-League. I hope all is well.

Back at work after a long morning walk. The older I get the tougher Monday mornings become. Like a lot of you, I started working young -- 15 on heavy construction sites in my case because my father knew people in that world and I was a biggish kid. That means I've been at it in one form or another right at a half century. That's starting to feel like enough.

Just a case of the Mondays I suppose. On some level I know I'm lucky to have the option. I hope all of you are exercising the option to do as you please today.

Good morning D, supposed to have some sunshine for a few days, we need it!!!

About the peanut butter, before I retired, I would eat one tablespoon of peanut butter before I left for work, 5:15, that would keep me until I took my first break at 10.

Got some more ornaments finished yesterday. I think I am going to try to sell a dew as a set, I have a one and two piece ornament and a bell that I make, we'll see. I also finished an ARMY star that I finished, if Bert don't care I'll send it to him so I get the D's input!

I hope the D, has a great day and still prayers for the D!!!

My rain gauge may be off, but this is what it says for the rain event this weekend. That is a bunch of rain for Smiths Grove.

154947768_3733894686726088_2417969923303361317_o.jpg
Bert....is that the type weather station where not only you have the station outdoors, but it can also hook up to the internet?
I've got a little cheap one where we have the monitor inside and there's a temp sensor outside (has a signal of about 400' I think) and that's all. The inside monitor then will read the inside and outside temp and inside humidity. My oldest son is really into all things weather and he has a nice weather station. The kind where you hook up to your internet and then see what your home conditions are when you're out of town. He was also hooked up to Weather Underground (I think) when he lived in Cumming (wildcatdonf and sawnee's stomping grounds)...so I could log on and see what was happening at his house.
Been thinking of getting a better weather station that will give me more info....just for the heck of it.

Good morning D-League. I hope all is well.

Back at work after a long morning walk. The older I get the tougher Monday mornings become. Like a lot of you, I started working young -- 15 on heavy construction sites in my case because my father knew people in that world and I was a biggish kid. That means I've been at it in one form or another right at a half century. That's starting to feel like enough.

Just a case of the Mondays I suppose. On some level I know I'm lucky to have the option. I hope all of you are exercising the option to do as you please today.
Yep, did a 50 minute workout on the total gym with the option to rest the rest of the day afterwards. God I love retirement! Had one of my former Co-workers ask me on Friday if I was stir crazy yet. I said no, my wife does not like my cooking.😛

Last edited:
Bert....is that the type weather station where not only you have the station outdoors, but it can also hook up to the internet?
I've got a little cheap one where we have the monitor inside and there's a temp sensor outside (has a signal of about 400' I think) and that's all. The inside monitor then will read the inside and outside temp and inside humidity. My oldest son is really into all things weather and he has a nice weather station. The kind where you hook up to your internet and then see what your home conditions are when you're out of town. He was also hooked up to Weather Underground (I think) when he lived in Cumming (wildcatdonf and sawnee's stomping grounds)...so I could log on and see what was happening at his house.
Been thinking of getting a better weather station that will give me more info....just for the heck of it.
I know what you are talking about but mine does not hook up to the internet. I have thought about that, but I am too old to worry about it. I have two gauges outside for the temp and humidity; one in front and one in back and then my rain gauge. I installed it June 13, 2020 and you can see that we have had 40 inches of rain in 8 months.

Here is a photo of the outside unit.
155964050_3734051120043778_1522566000711661529_o.jpg

I need to get me one of those stations.......I like to keep a close tab on the weather when I start training my birds for the races.....

I know what you are talking about but mine does not hook up to the internet. I have thought about that, but I am too old to worry about it. I have two gauges outside for the temp and humidity; one in front and one in back and then my rain gauge. I installed it June 13, 2020 and you can see that we have had 40 inches of rain in 8 months.

That one to me looks like it might gather more rain than what actually fell because of the surface area being so big.

Looks good.

Funny you mentioned UK gear. I have been downsizing my UK collection and it is most difficult thing to sell. There is no interest in what once was in high demand.
Same for UK programs, UK media guides, etc. No interest and some go back to the 1960's.
I don't go to the B'ball board like I used to. Hardly ever post anymore....but I do read a number of threads. Someone posted the other day (RunninRichie maybe ?) that they were talking the other day to someone who owned a sporting goods store and he said that the sales of UK items were way down. Now, could be a number of factors...don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT