ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

There was an old 50s - 60s commercial about a mommy cooking something and the little girl girl said "and I helped." That 's what I was taking off of. Come on ......... keep up.
Cake turned out terrible. I was so careful with every aspect of the bake. Everything had to be right because I double checked everything and followed each direction to the letter. Where I made my mistake was pushing the convection button. I didn't even think about it because I'm used to baking with real ingredients. I cooked too much liquid out of it and it's dry. The icing is primo though!

Oh well, it was just another learning experience. I know that the next one I make will be better.

Enough icing fixes anything.

9119.1464271841.jpg
Mr. Rooster I just moved into the D-league not long ago, how long have you been putting the trains on here? I still laugh every time I see one because the way you duped me on the numbers!!!

Mr. Rooster I just moved into the D-league not long ago, how long have you been putting the trains on here? I still laugh every time I see one because the way you duped me on the numbers!!!
A couple of years back. During the 1900s, pages had vintage cars, tractors, ships, planes & trains with numbers corresponding to edition year. After page numbers continued past the current year, I just kept doing the trains & numbers.

Mornin' D. Up early and stalling so I don't have to drag my garbage cans across frozen piles of snow to the curb. I have the Indiana-Nebraska game on. I'm from the generation where hating Indiana is still important no matter how many decades they suck. They are not good right now. And I'm not sure their ceiling is all that high.

Cats need a win tonight, and I'd love to see them make a statement ahead of a tough stretch. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ha! I was just rewarded for watching the IU ass-kicking by a shot at the IU rafters and the announcer focusing on 1975 when Indiana "was 31-0 before losing to KENTUCKY in the regional final." Still my favorite game ever.

Last edited:
Good morning! I'm up early today for no particular reason. I'll be going down to get Dad this morning but I really don't know where we're going yet. Might try to see the Eastwood flick today since last Tuesday didn't pan out.

Cat's don't play any Wednesday games this year. Hope they've got their Tuesday legs under them tonight. Go Cats!

• Good morning D-Leaguers. Currently 54°F and daybreak is coming. Sun rises at 7:20 AM. Expecting highs in the 60's
  • Weather girl says temperatures will fall this week as our 6th cold front comes in from the Gulf. Could go into the 30's
  • Enjoyed the family photos, we have a special group and it is a refreshing break from the Rafters. That place can get tough
  • Another big game tonight. Georgia is not a great team but time has shown us anything can happen. See what happened to Duke last night. lol
  • I agree with MdWildcat55 about that 1975 Indiana-Kentucky game. It is one I will never forget. Why, well my wife agreed to meet our friends at a restaurant the afternoon of the game. I had no idea she did that and when she told me about 10 minutes for the game started I said no way was I missing this game. And I didn't. So thankful because it was one of the greatest wins I have witnessed. Indiana was a powerful, powerful team in those days. Once upon a time the Indiana - Kentucky game was THE game. This was before UL and Indiana was hated by any true blue fan.
  • Listening to the radio and the man reported a "Sex Slave" bust. About a half a dozen were arrested by the Big Man is on the run. What is going on this world?
  • Now the radio man is talking about two kayakers who got into a fight and one fled on his kayak to a nearby island when the police were called. They got him.
  • Trust all have a great day and stay safe

Good morning D-League! Up early this morning too! (4 this morning but a good nights sleep). WC or anyone who served in the military I was thinking yesterday about some of the military cord that I helped make while at DN do ya'll remember using A-Pods or 1-G? I think A-Pods was used for breeching and 1-G had a gold thread covering. Hope every body has a great and safe day! GO CATS!!!!

Mornin D
Very cold 23 degrees out there
First cup of Coffee in hand
With you guys in the IU hate. Never will be able to like or cheer for them
We do need to win and win big tonight. This won’t be the same UGA team everyone else has played this year
Gotta head out in a few. Be good

Oh, I would like to report that removing that 4 inch foam mattress topper my wife put on the bed led to a wonderful night sleep. It confirms I can not sleep on foam, just the way it is. When my wife put the thing on our bed I have awoken sore all over, every bone hurting and more tired than when I went to bed. Today I am bouncing around with all kinds of energy and enjoying my third cup of coffee.

I think I will jump in the pool now that the sun is up. Pool temp is 85

Mornin D
We do need to win and win big tonight. This won’t be the same UGA team everyone else has played this year
Good morning Bev, trust today is a great day for you. God has something special for your life.

Man that was sweet watching IU lose...never had the lead...nev-ver! AT Bloomington, against Nebraska.
Then switched it over and got to see Duke lose in OT.
For the older than Dirt League just heard RIP Carol Channing....
Have a great day everyone...semi-busy day ahead.

Man that was sweet watching IU lose...never had the lead...nev-ver! AT Bloomington, against Nebraska.
Then switched it over and got to see Duke lose in OT.
For the older than Dirt League just heard RIP Carol Channing....
Have a great day everyone...semi-busy day ahead.
RIP Carol Channing she had to be close to 100. I saw her in a live appearance at a Dinner Show House in the 1970's in Clearwater, Florida. She was funny and had that special voice. Another old timer leaves us. I guess her most famous character was in Hello Dolly. Louie Armstrong sang it the best.

Bout got my a$$ kicked this morning chose the wrong one to rub in being retired! My wife handed her schedule for her vacation this morning, I told her I'd see if I could get the same weeks off as she does, needless to say that did not go over good!!! I thought to my self be careful what you say, but I just didn't listen to myself!!!! I think I am grounded!!!

TX Governor/LT Governor inauguration 9-5 today. Ceremony is located 4 blocks from here. Food (BBQ) is $10 per plate. I'm not going.

Son texted me from Germany this morning. He wants to visit during May 2020. Unsure if he's bringing the grand baby.

Found 8 cents at the car wash. Found 29 cents yesterday morning.

Life is good.

Mornin D

Lots of people get paid for being good. All the D guys are good for nothing.

Bout got my a$$ kicked this morning chose the wrong one to rub in being retired! My wife handed her schedule for her vacation this morning, I told her I'd see if I could get the same weeks off as she does, needless to say that did not go over good!!! I thought to my self be careful what you say, but I just didn't listen to myself!!!! I think I am grounded!!!

Ok cordmaker, you are in the doghouse. Someway think of something you can do and be busy at to get some brownie points. And hey, you'll be back out in no time. Right guys? FCC.

Me too. My Shuterfly must have flown away because I can not download photos anymore. So I am searching for a different source.
Google Blogger or Facebook for free picture hosting/storage. Both are free and easy to use. Simply set each Facebook pix to "Only Me" for the audience. None of your FB friends can see it in their feed.

wx_82.png
50°➫ 60°F Increasing clouds afternoon rain and mountain snow.

Good-Morning-Animated-GIF-Wallpaper-Cup-Plate-Coffee3.gif

ZrRvtMtw_o.gif

Furlough rolls along.
My friend in Palm Springs, CA called yesterday afternoon and said they were getting a very hard rain, nearly a half inch. Based on their average of less than 3" a year, that is something.

So Andy is sending the rain your way.

Ok cordmaker, you are in the doghouse. Someway think of something you can do and be busy at to get some brownie points. And hey, you'll be back out in no time. Right guys? FCC.
I am really a good cook so I think I can fix her a good supper to get back in good with her!!! FCC do you know where Husband rd. and Spann LN. is in Paducah? That's where my kin folks live and where I spent a summer in 70 working on I-24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT