ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

P9022802.JPG

ZrRvtMtw_o.gif

I enjoyed most of the game. We still get lost on screens a lot, but the good three point shooting removes a lot of sins.

I want to take Jimmie Dykes and ring his neck. Why can't he just call the game? Early in the game he was drafting UK's obituary and then he starts sings our praises. Why does he think he as to diagnose our problems?

I enjoyed most of the game. We still get lost on screens a lot, but the good three point shooting removes a lot of sins.

I want to take Jimmie Dykes and ring his neck. Why can't he just call the game? Early in the game he was drafting UK's obituary and then he starts sings our praises. Why does he think he as to diagnose our problems?
He thinks we love him.

Got home from Florida in time to see the game. They are improving. Of course they are not where they need to be, but they seem to be getting better. Defense improving, and spacing was better on offense. Finally hit some 3's. If Baker can shoot like that when it is a close game, we may not miss Quade at all. Camp Cal may really help this team. They will need to continue to improve to stay in the game with UNCheat since they looked pretty good against Gonzaga. Hope springs eternal.

• Good Morning, D-League
  • 59º with a high of 70. There are small craft warnings in the Gulf with hazardous conditions. Better keep it at the dock today or in your garage.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed our game. I see where it was the best shooting game in Rupp by our Cats since 2013. That is interesting. We have this week to prepare for UNCheat. I think we can be ready.
  • I hope we get to see more of Baker. Coach Cal forgot about him until the final minute. I can understand since coach is not a spring chicken anymore. Next week maybe the assistants can remind him Baker is ready to go
  • Looking forward to church this morning and singing the old Christmas hymns. We sing out of a Church Hymnal with a piano and organ, like the old fashioned days. But if you prefer a "rockin'" church with strobe lights and fog coming from the floor we have plenty of those around too. Just take your pick.
  • I trust all have a great Sunday and Christmas will be here before you know it. Time marches on.
  • enhance

Hopefully this coming week sees them progressing as much as the last week did. It's a process. I love my team.
We made improvements. This team has potential still.
I thoroughly enjoyed our game.
This is fun. Every year is a blast. Spoilt, bright, talented kids learn to be men amidst the absolute chaos of Kentucky basketball. :)
We see these S curves of creative learning and adaptation unfold every season. I see this with college kids all the time at work too. Usually takes 2 cycles (growing seasons). Each individual has a personal attitude curve and the team a collective competency curve.

I posted this on another thread but wanted to share it with the D-League because I know many of you like weapons. I collect long rifles, carbines and firearms and on of my pride possessions is a 1917 German Luger captured by Private Samuel E Boyd, 14110966. I have the Orders allowing the Private to bring the weapon he captured back home after WWII. Also the name and address of the Colonel are on the inside of the holster and the serial numbers for the Luger and magazine match. Here she is:
enhance

enhance

enhance

I am not sure what he does can be called thinking. He just spouts whatever comes to mind without a thought process.
You have to "knife cut" that defense he said when he was talking about Utah's 2-3 match-up zone that they then switch to a switching man-to-man.

What is hell does knife cut mean in basketball terms?

A few years ago he was hung up on "violent cuts". Before that was "the nail". I don't know what he brings to the game except distraction. His demonstration on Majerus' doubling down on the low post player was okay except every time he tried it against UK we beat the shit out of him.

I wish he would go back to coaching or at the least not do UK games; however, Dick Vitale ruined watching the UNC game.

Last edited:
I posted this on another thread but wanted to share it with the D-League because I know many of you like weapons. I collect long rifles, carbines and firearms and on of my pride possessions is a 1917 German Luger captured by Private Samuel E Boyd, 14110966. I have the Orders allowing the Private to bring the weapon he captured back home after WWII. Also the name and address of the Colonel are on the inside of the holster and the serial numbers for the Luger and magazine match. Here she is:
enhance

enhance

enhance
I love stuff like that.

• Good Morning, D-League
  • 59º with a high of 70. There are small craft warnings in the Gulf with hazardous conditions. Better keep it at the dock today or in your garage.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed our game. I see where it was the best shooting game in Rupp by our Cats since 2013. That is interesting. We have this week to prepare for UNCheat. I think we can be ready.
  • I hope we get to see more of Baker. Coach Cal forgot about him until the final minute. I can understand since coach is not a spring chicken anymore. Next week maybe the assistants can remind him Baker is ready to go
  • Looking forward to church this morning and singing the old Christmas hymns. We sing out of a Church Hymnal with a piano and organ, like the old fashioned days. But if you prefer a "rockin'" church with strobe lights and fog coming from the floor we have plenty of those around too. Just take your pick.
  • I trust all have a great Sunday and Christmas will be here before you know it. Time marches on.
  • enhance

All the churches out my way are "rockin'" churches. I know. I spent a couple of months about five years ago searching for a "traditional" church. One with a piano and organ and still threw in a few hymns. No luck.

Good morning, slept all I could.

Sure would be nice if we could hit and maintain our potential as shooters. Defensive lapses aren't as noticeable when our shots are falling.

I guess I'll listen to the Jones show in the morning. Gave them the week off after the loss and didn't miss it one bit.

Thinking about doing some chicken breasts sous vide today and then making nuggets out of them with crushed up pork skin breading. Give em a quick fry to crisp them up. Will make some Canes type of sauce to go with em.

enhance

enhance

enhance
My father and my uncles all fought in WW2. I have a few nice spoils of war myself. They are in my sons gunsafe in Kentucky. Have a beautiful Japanese Katana sword as well

My father and my uncles all fought in WW2. I have a few nice spoils of war myself. They are in my sons gunsafe in Kentucky. Have a beautiful Japanese Katana sword as well

My dad was too young for WW1 and too old for WW2. My wife's dad fought in Germany and mistakenly killed a kid in street fighting. It gnawed at him until his death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT