ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

If it was ruptured completely wouldn't I have more pain when it's just resting etc? and very little swelling so far. I know, seeking medical advice on a forum, but what can I say lol.

Good question. About 5 years ago I stepped off the backside of the driveway at a friends house. It was dark but I knew the drop was only about 3 or 4 feet so I didn't sweat it. When I looked down I saw the toe of my left shoe catch a big rock and my foot supinated to the point I could see the sole of my shoe.

People asked if I was alright and I told them that I thought I had broken my leg. Someone said they didn't hear it break and I said I didn't either. I grabbed my ankle and my shin and gave it a bend to see if it was loose and nothing moved. That was when I decided nothing was broken. I climbed back up and walked to my wife's car and told her I was ready to go home and get my ankle on ice.

Next morning it was swollen huge and the pain was nearly unbearable and I have a very high tolerance. I read and was told that a high ankle sprain is more painful than a break and I surmised that that was what I had because the pain was unreal at times.

I continued to walk on it and would bend it all around while sitting on the couch to keep it from being stiff when it healed. After a month or so I was able to walk without a limp but still with pain. Another week or so I was able to walk without a limp and without pain but the problem was I couldn't raise myself up on the toes of my left foot. I figured there must be some nerve damage and it was then that I decided to see a doctor.

Told them what happened and my problem and they took some xrays. My ankle, in their words, was "shattered".It was broke in 3 places and the large bone was dislocated a 1/4".
Doctor couldn't understand how I was walking on it. He wanted to re-break it and put screws in it but I said no. He was pissed and told me to at least wear an air cast for the next six weeks. I did that and everything works fine now. No pain, no limp, full mobility.

I said all that to say this. It's probably worse than you think it is but why wonder? You have insurance. Use a little bit of it and find out exactly what you're dealing with and the best way to treat it.

6844.1289057791.jpg

I bet it’s within the rules, technically...but definitely some unethical stuff going on
I bet Coach Cal lays off recruiting in the Memphis area because of what can happen in that city and in neighboring states. We really do not need anybody from there because we can select great players from other areas

Ghost is a sad panda this evening. Anna was picked up before I could leave work. Her Nana told me her tears were like raindrops, they were so large. We're headed to Port Canaveral Saturday before our cruise leaves out Monday so I won't see Anna again until mid August...just in time for her to start kindergarten the following week!

No worries tho. Her two cousins (boys) arrive Friday with their other "cousin" (we're Southerners, EVERYBODY is family!) so we're going to have 3 rambunctious little boys in the house. Thankfully, it's only an overnight stay!

Nana has all the pix on her phone, so I have to figure out a way to get them to my FB account so I can share them here. Going to see if I can link the video of Anna and I being gandy dancers at the train museum in Savannah! (The guide referred to the workers as section hands, Anna and I preferred gandy dancers!)

I made some clarified butter last night. Haven't used any of it yet.

Made a keto pizza this morning. It was so good. 4 eggs mixed with 6oz of mozzarella cheese is the crust. Bake that until it's set and then take it out and put on sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes,parmesan, pepperoni, and a good drizzle of Tuscan Herb olive oil. About 4 grams of carbs in the whole pizza. It's gone now.

I watched Boondock Saints today for the first time. Pretty good flick. Now I found out there is a 2 and 3.

Going with Dad tomorrow to his mothers grave and my mothers. Were going to put flowers on both.

Ghost is a sad panda this evening. Anna was picked up before I could leave work. Her Nana told me her tears were like raindrops, they were so large. We're headed to Port Canaveral Saturday before our cruise leaves out Monday so I won't see Anna again until mid August...just in time for her to start kindergarten the following week!

No worries tho. Her two cousins (boys) arrive Friday with their other "cousin" (we're Southerners, EVERYBODY is family!) so we're going to have 3 rambunctious little boys in the house. Thankfully, it's only an overnight stay!

Nana has all the pix on her phone, so I have to figure out a way to get them to my FB account so I can share them here. Going to see if I can link the video of Anna and I being gandy dancers at the train museum in Savannah! (The guide referred to the workers as section hands, Anna and I preferred gandy dancers!)
Have fun on your cruise.

Good morning D-Leaguers, it is third cup of coffee time and the living is easy.

Temp is currently 72 degrees with a high of 83 forecast. Expect Gulf breezes and lots of sunshine. I expect the Devil will beat his wife about 4:00 because he usually does that time of day.

I noticed my Concealed Carry Permit expired so I need to take care of that this morning.

Don't accept any wooden nickles today and love your neighbor, not his wife. Except if.....

For those that have cut cable, what is your bill per month now? What does it include?

When I cut my cable and $190.00 per month bill, I got three Roku sticks and plugged them in. There is no monthly fees with that. I purchased an antenna but since I live 60 miles from the nearest TV tower that didn't work.

I have Amazon Prime so I get there movies. I would have Amazon Prime without the movie service. So no real cost with that. My wife loves music and it came with Pandora and a few other music channels all free so the wife was happy.

About three months after I cut the cable I received a call from Spectrum offering me a deal. I told them I was not interested. Then I got a flyer in the mail telling me I could have 10 channels they pick and I could pick 10 more for a cost of $21.00 a month. That included local stations, cable news, cable sports (including SEC Network) and a few odds and end stations that appeal to the women folks. I also get a lot of movie channels that stream free.

So I pay $21.00 a month plus tax of $2.49 or about $25.00.

70° F here and humidity of 96%. I hope it rains good today, the clouds are up there.

@jedwar Jerry go to the doctor.

Old Ponce was an ass I thought. :angry: His parents were not here and he acted bad. We could not tell his parents on him, so it was bad, bad, bad!:)
Yep, Ponce pushed the envelop too far and ended up with an arrow in his gut. He got on his boat and left everything behind. But that arrow got him when he landed on Cuba. You can visit his grave in the Catholic Church in Old San Juan.

Not feelin it this morning....
Wet & dreary drive in to work.
Nother busy day ahead.
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but @jedwar, you probably ought to go see the Doctor...or at least get it x-rayed...or
@starchief5 you get double likes for the Tab Benoit video.
Be back later....I need coffee...I want coffee...you need me to want coffee (or however that goes)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT