ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

9769.1444695841.jpg

One continuous groove.

Ha! Congrats! You're the first person I've ever asked who knew the answer to that question.

I enjoy taking a least one and sometimes two "day trips" a week and this coming week I am considering going over to the east coast and St. Augustine. It is a great walking town and has as much history as any city in America. If you haven't been, check it out.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...c6e16a80182944b0538962345a403ff4&action=click

I would say it has MORE history than any other city. Isn't it still the oldest?

Ha! Congrats! You're the first person I've ever asked who knew the answer to that question.

I would say it has MORE history than any other city. Isn't it still the oldest?
Yes it is, April 2, 1513. Over 100 years before the Pilgrims

Here is another fact people often over look about Florida. Ponce de Leon brought the first horses, cattle and hogs to America. So Florida had the very first cowboys. When the Indians attacked him and he was wounded and fled to Cuba where he died, the Spanish left the horses, cattle and hogs and they went into the swamps and bred for 100's years. There are still a few of them left in the wild,, especially hogs and they are out of control.

Hey Sawnee, welcome to the bunch here. Hadn't said it so I thought I would. Glad you're here. FCC.
Thank you I, I appreciate your thoughts and really enjoy the posts. This is becoming my favorite of all of Cats Illustrated. Here you find intelligent and thoughtful posters who enjoy life. Hard to find in other spots.

Hey, y'all. My bunch has been celebrating my 75th Birthday. Everybody was here. It was fun, indeed.

I know you were enjoying that Don. Did you cook em up something on the egg?

Trash pick-up here tomorrow and the junk hunters are out in force. We set out a bunch of clutter and it only took an hour. Gone! The turntables were the first to go.

Just kidding ymmot!

All you have to do is put stuff out on the curb with a price tag on it. Then people will steal your trash for you.

I know you were enjoying that Don. Did you cook em up something on the egg?
Nossir. My daughter brought the spaghetti entree (just delicious by the way) #4 made a perfect salad, QB furnished the garlic bread. White birthday cake with Neapolitan ice cream. Everything was just perfect. Next event will be at #2's condo on his newly acquired medium BGE.

I cut the cord today...finally, from Dish TV. Nothing but streaming from here on out. Already had a Firestick, ordered DirectTV Now and getting a Roku stick for "free". Had to get it all set up for the bahamasketball games.
I should get that trademarked...its gonna be on tshirt somewhere. UK Bahamasketball!!
Hey let me know how that goes. I'm up for another round of negotiations with Spectrum this month. Tiresome. I'm looking at Playstation Vu. SEC network is a must. I have Roku on all my TVs. I may have to get antennas for the local stations but that's no biggie.

I enjoy taking a least one and sometimes two "day trips" a week and this coming week I am considering going over to the east coast and St. Augustine. It is a great walking town and has as much history as any city in America. If you haven't been, check it out.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...c6e16a80182944b0538962345a403ff4&action=click
I last visited St. Augustine 19 years ago. We drove out from Texas that summer to visit family in FL. Castillo de San Marcos is an incredible piece of civil engineering. City history and accompanying architecture spans 6 centuries, and landmarks remain there as proof. Amazing place.

I cut the cord today...finally, from Dish TV. Nothing but streaming from here on out. Already had a Firestick, ordered DirectTV Now and getting a Roku stick for "free". Had to get it all set up for the bahamasketball games.
I should get that trademarked...its gonna be on tshirt somewhere. UK Bahamasketball!!
Working on this right now but, told wife we are not doing this until after the Bahama's tournament.

Weather cooling down to mid 80's for highs the next couple of days. Storms this morning with some much needed rain.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites.
  • 72º in Johns Creek. Slept well. Up a little earlier. We are overcast. May get some rain.
  • Monday again. Six days to go.
  • Very quiet out here this morning.
  • That Bahamasketball will be fun. I'm anxious to see how we shoot it.
  • I'm more than ready for the football too. I played a little football. Just high school and that little stint at Ole Miss. I wish I could do it all again. I would work harder. Oh, well.
  • Be safe driving this morning. There are lots of bad drivers out there.
  • Y'all carry on.

Good morning, enjoyed my grits and eggs and it is a balmy 75 degrees with a high of 83 and sunshine. I may head over to Ozello to scout out some fishing holes. Ozello is an interesting little village on the Gulf whose population has grown from 0 to 400 in 100 years. Families live on islands and a school boat actually picks up the kids.

I cut the cord about a year ago and I am glad I did. I didn't miss a single game last year and cut my cable bill by $75 per month I haven't had any problems.

Good luck with your new set up and let's get ready for "Bahamasketball"

wx_69.png
87°
108°F
Partly cloudy, sultry, localized evening monsoon storms.

coffee-donuts.jpg

Good Morning D
:basketball:8/8/18:basketball:
Those donuts look really tasty, Rooster. 2nd mug of this Dark Magic is tasty as well. There was a tiny little donut shop in Southside in Paducah. Dad used to take us there in the old days. We thought they were delicious.

gooD morning everyboDy
Saw a rainbow on my way into work this morning...that kinda changed my Monday morning blahs.
My cord cutting change should save me about $100 a month...until internet & DirectTV jack up prices...again.
Dish is sending me a box to send back all the Receivers/remotes/DVR/etc... We've been watching Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime & HBO Now through the Firestick. I added HBO for $5 to my DirectTV Now. I still need to cancel the HBO Now that I was getting for $15 a month...basically so we could watch all of the Game of Thrones episodes. I will keep you up to date.
Speaking of dough nuts .... mornin Bert!

gooD morning everyboDy
Saw a rainbow on my way into work this morning...that kinda changed my Monday morning blahs.
My cord cutting change should save me about $100 a month...until internet & DirectTV jack up prices...again.
Dish is sending me a box to send back all the Receivers/remotes/DVR/etc... We've been watching Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime & HBO Now through the Firestick. I added HBO for $5 to my DirectTV Now. I still need to cancel the HBO Now that I was getting for $15 a month...basically so we could watch all of the Game of Thrones episodes. I will keep you up to date.
Speaking of dough nuts .... mornin Bert!

Morning right back to you.

Last year I got rid of DirecTV and off air and went with Spectrum 100%. They gave me a good deal and so far, have not gone up a cent. I get 300 mbps, all the movie channel that they provide and the sports packages for roughly $190 a month before taxes. That includes three DVR's and one regular receiver.

In my area we get CBS out of Nashville, so I have two CBS channels. The picture is actually better than on DirecTV, which I never thought that I would see. For two days I had both cable and DirecTV and we checked it out on all sorts of channels. Until they screw with my price I will stay with them and the lower blood pressure from worrying about where my games are going to be.

I also enjoy Netflex and Utube. I have the fire stick and rarely watch it. I watch TV for mainly for news and sports, on the other hand my wife loves Netflex and movies.

Last edited:
Good Monday morn D.

Porch. Coffee.

Nothing on tap except resting the foot from the Achilles. Getting cabin fever. Hoping it heals good enough this week to be able to resume some stuff.

Be safe all.
I'd like to see you heal some more before resuming your mowing unless you are just sitting all of the time.

Daughter should be weed eating Thursday for me. I have very little to no push off on my foot. Getting in and our of vehicles is challenging. Getting on the mower will be a challenge.

You need to get it it checked out. The Achilles is the largest tendon in the body. Common injury. If it is just strained or partially torn it can heal through rest and immobilizing the foot. If you fully ruptured it you would have experienced intense immediate pain along with a popping or cracking sound

You need to get it it checked out. The Achilles is the largest tendon in the body. Common injury. If it is just strained or partially torn it can heal through rest and immobilizing the foot. If you fully ruptured it you would have experienced intense immediate pain along with a popping or cracking sound
Had the intense pain for just a couple seconds. Didn't last long.Had the popping, twice. Can't point foot downward at all without much pain. I probably do need to check it out but for now I've chosen to keep it immobilized and see if it will heal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT