ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

64.6° F at 7:07am in Smiths Grove, KY; home of the brave (excluding me).

Had a great day yesterday. Read a book written by one of my friends. It got humid but all in all was a wonderful late July day.

Man am I juiced by the Presidents beating up on the EU. My railroad career was based on a U.S. company not being able to sell or move products to other countries. CSX served the Eastern U.S. and Southern Canada. We could haul anything into the U.S., but we had to watch what we shipped into Canada. Justin Trudeau, lying little bastard, is shaking in his boots now that Trump wants FREE trade. He wants to keep NAFTA which takes care of Canada and Mexico and screwed over the U.S.

NAFTA is another night mare agreed to by the U.S. I held public office for 10 years and for four of those years I was on the Executive Board of BRADD (my areas Area Development District). We handed out the money to folks who lost their jobs because of NAFTA. The U.S. paid to send people back to school, so they could get another job that moved to Mexico or Canada. Hell they (Congress) knew when it was passed that America would lose jobs and they still did it. I watched my loads (railroad cars) drop a bunch after NAFTA. I had a large factory near Madisonville, KY that made lighting fixtures for homes and industry. As soon as NAFTA passed they closed. Hell, in my Evansville territory CSX originated 80,000 cars of grain (roughly 100 tons per car) and we could not ship them to Europe or Canada.

Finally, Trump is going to force freer trade from other countries instead of cheering other countries screwing America.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites.
  • 68º in Johns Creek. Perfect morning.
  • I hear QB bumping around in the house with Lola.
  • Sold that place we bought for QB's brother 3 years ago. Gosh it sold quickly. We haven't closed yet.
  • Nothing going on here.
  • Except it's my birthday.
  • Y'all be careful out there.
  • Carry on with vigor.
Happy Birthday to Don
Happy Birthday to Don
Happy Birthday dear Don
Happy Birthday to you.

64.6° F at 7:07am in Smiths Grove, KY; home of the brave (excluding me).

Had a great day yesterday. Read a book written by one of my friends. It got humid but all in all was a wonderful late July day.

Man am I juiced by the Presidents beating up on the EU. My railroad career was based on a U.S. company not being able to sell or move products to other countries. CSX served the Eastern U.S. and Southern Canada. We could haul anything into the U.S., but we had to watch what we shipped into Canada. Justin Trudeau, lying little bastard, is shaking in his boots now that Trump wants FREE trade. He wants to keep NAFTA which takes care of Canada and Mexico and screwed over the U.S.

NAFTA is another night mare agreed to by the U.S. I held public office for 10 years and for four of those years I was on the Executive Board of BRADD (my areas Area Development District). We handed out the money to folks who lost their jobs because of NAFTA. The U.S. paid to send people back to school, so they could get another job that moved to Mexico or Canada. Hell they (Congress) knew when it was passed that America would lose jobs and they still did it. I watched my loads (railroad cars) drop a bunch after NAFTA. I had a large factory near Madisonville, KY that made lighting fixtures for homes and industry. As soon as NAFTA passed they closed. Hell, in my Evansville territory CSX originated 80,000 cars of grain (roughly 100 tons per car) and we could not ship them to Europe or Canada.

Finally, Trump is going to force freer trade from other countries instead of cheering other countries screwing America.
Preach it, brother. Can I hear an Amen?

I'm outta here soon. Woke up this morning and there was a text from my father telling me he didn't feel well this morning and he was going to stay in. I called him and he said he felt much better now. I, on the other hand, do not feel 90% yet. I guess I'll loosen up as the day goes on.

See ya this afternoon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Be sure to use more "Poly-Grip" today

giphy.gif

Everyone knew the trade war threats with the EU would calm down a little bit. They were signaling a few weeks ago they would be willing to lower their tariffs on a few things and Trumps aides, along with almost all economists, were telling him a 25% tariff on imported vehicles and components would be economic suicide.
It would be economic suicide for the E.U.

We are their largest market. We do not sell cars in Europe because of their tariffs, barriers and value added taxes. So the economic suicide would not be on this side of the Atlantic. A 25% import tariff on E.U. cars would basically take BMW's, VW's and Mercedes' off American roads and add more Fords and Chevys.

If there are NO tariffs as suggested by Trump then the European roads would see Fords and Chevys.

This happens to be my wheel house. The E.U., Canada, Mexico and Japan don't trade fair. Trump is the first President to represent the U.S. in trade. As I said earlier all my career they were screwing the shit out of the U.S.

Busy day today...that's a good thing.
Amen for Bert
If that Dentist office doesn't hire Bko...somebody needs an asswhippin'!
Would love to see the Cats in the Bahamas...hell I'd like to see them in Lexington....I'd even settle for the Ford Center in Evansville.
I saw where the Aces & Walter McCarty are scheduled to play the Cats in 19-20 I think?
ATX, Rooster, starchief...stay hydrated &/or in the A/C.
33 holes is a lotta golf ymmot...and a lotta cold beverages.
Later all.

It would be economic suicide for the E.U.

We are their largest market. We do not sell cars in Europe because of their tariffs, barriers and value added taxes. So the economic suicide would not be on this side of the Atlantic. A 25% import tariff on E.U. cars would basically take BMW's, VW's and Mercedes' off American roads and add more Fords and Chevys.

If there are NO tariffs as suggested by Trump then the European roads would see Fords and Chevys.

This happens to be my wheel house. The E.U., Canada, Mexico and Japan don't trade fair. Trump is the first President to represent the U.S. in trade. As I said earlier all my career they were screwing the shit out of the U.S.

BMW, Mercedes and VW stated last month they would support and be perfectly fine with a 0% tariff between the EU and the US on vehicles as proposed to them by the the US ambassador. There are many reasons behind this.

For BMW it is because they are the largest exporter of vehicles by value made in the US. Not Ford, not Chevy, not Chrysler. They exported 272,346 BMW X models from their Spartanburg S.C. plant during 2017. Nearly 87 percent of these Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes were exported through the Port of Charleston with an export value of approximately $8.76 billion, according to data from the U.S. Department of Commerce. The remaining 13 percent of BMW X models were exported through five other southeastern ports: Savannah, GA; Brunswick, GA; Jacksonville, FL; Miami, FL; and Everglades, FL.

All totaled, the Spartanburg plant exported more than 70 percent of its total production volume of 371,284 units. They export more vehicles than they sell in the US from their Spartanburg S.C. facility alone. Their largest plant in the world employing over 10,000 people.

5 of the 6 largest amount of vehicles going back and forth between the US and the EU are BMW’s and Mercedes.

The 0% tariffs would mean that the US must eliminate the 25% tariff that it has placed on imports of pickup trucks and light duty trucks for decades. Detroit’s most popular product category.

Ford’s and Chevy’s are not going to suddenly take over the roads in the EU even with a 0% tariff.

Busy day today...that's a good thing.
Amen for Bert
If that Dentist office doesn't hire Bko...somebody needs an asswhippin'!
Would love to see the Cats in the Bahamas...hell I'd like to see them in Lexington....I'd even settle for the Ford Center in Evansville.
I saw where the Aces & Walter McCarty are scheduled to play the Cats in 19-20 I think?
ATX, Rooster, starchief...stay hydrated &/or in the A/C.
33 holes is a lotta golf ymmot...and a lotta cold beverages.
Later all.

That is what counts.:sunglasses:

BMW, Mercedes and VW stated last month they would support and be perfectly fine with a 0% tariff between the EU and the US on vehicles as proposed to them by the the US ambassador. There are many reasons behind this.

For BMW it is because they are the largest exporter of vehicles by value made in the US. Not Ford, not Chevy, not Chrysler. They exported 272,346 BMW X models from their Spartanburg S.C. plant during 2017. Nearly 87 percent of these Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes were exported through the Port of Charleston with an export value of approximately $8.76 billion, according to data from the U.S. Department of Commerce. The remaining 13 percent of BMW X models were exported through five other southeastern ports: Savannah, GA; Brunswick, GA; Jacksonville, FL; Miami, FL; and Everglades, FL.

All totaled, the Spartanburg plant exported more than 70 percent of its total production volume of 371,284 units. They export more vehicles than they sell in the US from their Spartanburg S.C. facility alone. Their largest plant in the world employing over 10,000 people.

5 of the 6 largest amount of vehicles going back and forth between the US and the EU are BMW’s and Mercedes.

The 0% tariffs would mean that the US must eliminate the 25% tariff that it has placed on imports of pickup trucks and light duty trucks for decades. Detroit’s most popular product category.

Ford’s and Chevy’s are not going to suddenly take over the roads in the EU even with a 0% tariff.

I find this funny, because I was involved in setting up the Spartanburg plant.

I find it funny that folks who can google don't understand the economics and tariffs of the last damned 70 years.

As I said this is my wheelhouse. I know this shit like the back of my hand because I lived with it for decades and decades. I worked with the U.S. federal government trying to mitigate damage that the E.U. bastards did.

Hell, eliminate the 25% tariff on pickups (I would love that as it would lower the cost of a pickup bought in the U.S.). That is meaningless. How many decent pickup trucks are made in Europe? (Answer not a damned one.) The 25% tariff on pickups only forced the Japanese to produce the pickups in the U.S. Hell, I spent years jetting from Jacksonville, FL to Los Angeles to fight with Nissan and Toyota without any damned aid from the U.S. government.

I told you that this is my wheel house. I know where all the damned skeletons are buried.

I don't give a shit about the E.U. It is the more than 25% tariff or other charges on US made autos in Europe that I protest. Fvck the Europe Union. If you want a damned Euro made car buy it. But why should you expect to buy it without an equal tariff the equal of what the E.U. charges on U.S. made automobiles.

Why are you here defending the E.U., indefensible?

I find this funny, because I was involved in setting up the Spartanburg plant.

I find it funny that folks who can google don't understand the economics and tariffs of the last damned 70 years.

As I said this is my wheelhouse. I know this shit like the back of my hand because I lived with it for decades and decades. I worked with the U.S. federal government trying to mitigate damage that the E.U. bastards did.

Hell, eliminate the 25% tariff on pickups (I would love that as it would lower the cost of a pickup bought in the U.S.). That is meaningless. How many decent pickup trucks are made in Europe? (Answer not a damned one.) The 25% tariff on pickups only forced the Japanese to produce the pickups in the U.S. Hell, I spent years jetting from Jacksonville, FL to Los Angeles to fight with Nissan and Toyota without any damned aid from the U.S. government.

I told you that this is my wheel house. I know where all the damned skeletons are buried.

I don't give a shit about the E.U. It is the more than 25% tariff or other charges on US made autos in Europe that I protest. Fvck the Europe Union. If you want a damned Euro made car buy it. But why should you expect to buy it without an equal tariff the equal of what the E.U. charges on U.S. made automobiles.

Why are you here defending the E.U., indefensible?

I’m not defending the EU Bert. All I stated was the EU auto manufacturers were fine with Trump’s zero tariffs. And the impact that BMW has in SC.

I’m not defending the EU Bert. All I stated was the EU auto manufacturers were fine with Trump’s zero tariffs. And the impact that BMW has in SC.

My BMW was made in Germany by Germans. Can't trust an M3 to a Gamecock fan.

Seems like I heard the VW plant in Chattanooga was making a major expansion move as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT