ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Finally a beautiful Saturday morning!
Belt broke on the mower last night...new one installed.
Over to church this morning to help clear out trails in our "Nature Preserve".
Plenty of coffee drank already.
Heading downtown today for an art festival with the redhead & daughter #2...the artist.
Looking forward to a good day.
Here's hoping every body else has one! [cheers]

92763942.jpg

Good morning good folks! Slept well last night but still woke up at 0830. That seems to be my default wake up time anymore.

My wife has been saying for two weeks that we were going to down to Thunder today. We weren't going to stand at the river and watch the show though. We were going to watch from her office on the 22nd floor. I'll put the odds at 25/75 that we actu
ally go. I don't care either way.

When my mom worked on river rd not far from Zorn we went down there to watch. It was my my dad, mom, and now wife. Even though it was closer to the exit it still took forever to get out of. I'd rather just watch the air show personally.

My wife has been saying for two weeks that we were going to down to Thunder today. We weren't going to stand at the river and watch the show though. We were going to watch from her office on the 22nd floor. I'll put the odds at 25/75 that we actually go. I don't care either way.
I have family that can see the Clark Memorial from the front porch and of course there is a P-A-R-T-Y today. Wish I was there too. I'm with grand babies today, so I'm not sad. Just desire to be the greatest of warriors and be in two places at the same time..

Well ......... checking in.
  • 64º in Johns Creek. Breezy.
  • 2 mugs of Dark Magic down.
  • Where is BKO?
  • How is RRK?
  • Have to go work soon.
  • Lola taking in the sunbeams.
  • The Zoysia is looking good.
  • Talked to #3 last evening. He is in Nashville hunting wild turkeys.
  • Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.
  • Stay safe.
  • As you were.
ci-wild-turkey-bourbon-fe554d942f449305.jpeg

Or this one

Wild-Turkey-web.jpg

Didn’t know which was in Nashville

No go. Maybe 10% converted to charcoal. I took all the wood out and split the bigger pieces down a little smaller. Dude says you can have the pieces as long as will fit the barrel but that they shouldn't be larger than 4" diameter. I meet that criteria now. However, I don't understand why the smaller pieces didn't turn completely.

Now my next plan is to block off at least 4 of the 12 vent holes I have in the bottom of the 55 gallon drum. Only thing I can come up with is I'm giving it too much oxygen and causing the fuel wood to burn too quickly before pyrolysis has time to happen in the inner barrel.

Doing chemistry @Bert Higginbotha , don't you wish you were here to play?

Rest up BKO and I hope the issues with your youngest are resolved quickly.

I'm bushed D. Laying mulch all day at the folks. My Dad buys that shat by the truckload. I'm taking ymmot's advice and throwing down a cold one. Probably the first of many.
In situations like ours it is acceptable to consider it medicinal.

Hey all
Feeling better but still have cough
Dealing with some issues with my youngest
At work today; we’re pretty busy
Lost interest in Thunder years ago

Tired of being tired
Hope you get to feeling better soon and everything works out. We miss you. If zencat shows up there to mud it out, tell him to stop by and say hey.

I committed a cardinal sin against science just a while ago. I changed TWO variables in my charcoal experiment at the same time. I'm using larger diameter fuel wood and I'm closing off 4 air holes. If it works though, I'll just continue to do both.

No way did you just change two variables at the same time! How many beers have you had, buddy? I never do that in my diagnostic procedures.

I kid. I try not to.

Lotsa yard work done today...still more to do in the next few days..Tommy says to take it one day at a time...back on the path to lose some pounds..High protein low carb is the road I wanna be on...one day at a time!!
No dude. You can do all you want. Just break it down into several days when you tell us about it. You accomplished waaay too much that one day.

ADVERTISEMENT