ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

65 here and sunshine.

Rooster I loved your response on the birds. I hate starlings and actively shoot them with my bb gun and rifle. Of course they are safe after I got my lenses replaced (the back site is blurry).

I would like to have those Parrots get used to cold weather and move to Smiths Grove. Do you think I could bribe them with an offer of free coats?[smoke]

Morning all ....back from vacation/holiday. Spent 9 days away from work! Loved every minute of it...

My brother & I (with wives) visited my sister in Little Rock for 4 days...good times! A lot of reminiscing...a lot of laughing...probably a little too much of a lot of drinking. We didn't make the stop on Beale Street...maybe next time.

All those train pictures reminded me...my nephew just got hired on to the railroad - (CSX I believe?). He will do the runs from Princeton, IN to St. Louis & back. Pretty stoked for the kid, he's been wanting to work on the railroad since he was 4!

Anyways...I read along, just too lazy to post. I was in serious vacation mode. Glad to see all is well...keep it that way!

One of the few things I like about work...free coffee.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans & Oasiseanites.
  • 66º in Johns Creek. Wet. Rain last night. Overcast. IFR. Gloomy.
  • Lola has to stay inside. No wet feet allowed on QB's floors.
  • No tame wild ducks this morning yet. Maybe later.
  • I met a man once that had been shot down in one of those P-51 Mustangs. He was wounded in the ordeal by several bullets too. He was lucky to have survived all of that.
  • This mess with the Muslims should have never happened. But here we are. It makes me uneasy.
  • The Memphis Belle was on display when I was a little kid. They allowed visitors to go inside of that old B-17 war-bird. It was tiny inside. Unbelievable really to have that big crew in there.
  • Take it easy and be safe today.

My brother & I (with wives) visited my sister in Little Rock for 4 days...good times! A lot of reminiscing...a lot of laughing...probably a little too much of a lot of drinking. We didn't make the stop on Beale Street...maybe next time.
Love Little Rock. Lotsa breweries within a small area. A friend I served in the Army with lives 60 miles north near Scearcy. Usually make out there once every few years.

Classic-cars-old-cars-muscle-cars-collector-cars-vintage-rod.jpg

Love Little Rock. Lotsa breweries within a small area. A friend I served in the Army with lives 60 miles north near Scearcy. Usually make out there once every few years.
I was picking up in North Little Rock one time, and the guy I was picking up shot in my direction. That was the only time that that happened to me. I did not get him. Scared the crap out of me.

I was picking up in North Little Rock one time, and the guy I was picking up shot in my direction. That was the only time that that happened to me. I did not get him. Scared the crap out of me.
Yikes! I bet.

I visited North Little Rock last April 2016. There's an old US submarine docked there. Love the pedestrian bridge.

Memphis story. We had a guy that jumped his bond, and we could not get him. His mother would not tell where he was. I was perplexed. I made out a check for $2,000.00 payable to the bond jumper and mailed same to his mother along with a fancy letter. I sent it by Registered Mail to make it more official-looking. In a few days his mother called me asking what the check was for. I said I guess the Public Defender won his case. I just need to get money to your son. He has to come in and sign for the check.

In a few days here they came. A young guy came in with his mother and asked for the check. I had his mugshot in my desk drawer. It did not look like the guy. He pulled out a drivers license and he was the guy I was looking for. I pinned him against the wall and cuffed him. His entourage scattered. I called the Shelby County Fugitive Squad, and they came and got him. A few minutes later I saw his momma peep in our frony window, and I motioned for her to come in. She came in and asked "what about the check?" I said ma'am that was a trick. She said "that's what I thought." She had bought him a bus ticket from Detroit to Memphis. That was a Happy Day.

What a weekend. I'm still going though, been out all morning and looks like I'll be out the rest of the day. Dishes need to be washed some time today.

Those are some beautiful cars, reminds me that I need to wax mine before too long.

On the couch at last. Dishes are washed. Picked up a darn cat from the vet. It's one of the outside cats that my wife dropped off this morning. She originally took it down there on Saturday but he wanted her to bring it back today so he could put it to sleep and take xrays. Cat has some kind of congenital trachea problem. $100 on Saturday, $336 today. I am not happy about this expenditure. At all.

Just saved my own life with a PB&J sandwich. I'm good now.until morning.

Don, I stg I was eating a PB&J (w Fritos, both on the sandwich and as a side) at approximately 7:45-8:05pm. Creamy with strawberry jam on wheat. 2% milk.

Washed and spray waxed the car. Shining like a mfer.

I could come to Austin and walk down the sidewalk in front of you dropping change if that would help.
Then we could go eat Q and drink craft beers all night.

You come to Lexington and drop brownie bites from here to Austin and I will meet y'all at the BBQ joint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT