ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thanks for the recommendations! I love WW2 books. With The Old Breed by E. B. Sledge is the best I've read to date.

I just rewatched The Pacific series about a month ago. Might just watch it again.since I found the 5-disc set for a buck at a garage sale (and Band of Brothers for a buck at another garage sale the same day) I just stumbled across the book for a quarter. Also Helmet For My Pillow by Robert Leckie. But I do encourage you to read Atkinson's trilogy. Never boring.

Last edited:
56ffd254c3afec537ebd5ebdc45121e5.jpg

On the couch at last. Dishes are washed. Picked up a darn cat from the vet. It's one of the outside cats that my wife dropped off this morning. She originally took it down there on Saturday but he wanted her to bring it back today so he could put it to sleep and take xrays. Cat has some kind of congenital trachea problem. $100 on Saturday, $336 today. I am not happy about this expenditure. At all.
You don't have anything to say about it. Talking back will get your azz whupped.

• Good Morning, folks.
  • 68º in Johns Creek. Light rain. No sun. IFR.
  • Hump Day. The last day of May.
  • Too wet for Lola.
  • No ducks.
  • Woke up at 0700, turned over an slept another 2.5 hours.
  • Hurt my knee. I don't know what I did, but I'm limping. Damn.
  • Did you notice that the black '57 2 door HT is a six cylinder?
  • 3 months until Football games.
  • That is all. Take care. Be safe.

The Humane Society wants another donation. Shredded it. Can't give right now. My property taxes increased by $500.00.

The best part of moving back to Kentucky was seeing my property tax burden go way down. In Jacksonville in 1999 my property tax was $4,200 a year. Plus the home owners association fees were $700 quarterly. I moved to Smiths Grove, got a comparable size house and my taxes went down to $900.

All folks on TV tell you that Texas, Tennessee and Florida have no state income taxes; however, I have lived in TX and FL and they stick you so bad on property taxes that they sure as hell don't need to have income tax. Tennessee has sales tax of 9.5% and in Nashville it is 10%. My son used to live in Franklin, KY off exit 2. The Wal Mart parking lot was all Tennessee cars because they could save 3.5% on sales taxes, plus Kentucky does not charge sales tax on food etc. but I understand that Tennessee does.

I will stay in my native state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT