ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I wish y'all could have some of the ribs that we cooked today. St. Louis cut. Very meaty. I used Jane's, some Butt rub, garlic salt, butter, black pepper, brown sugar, barbecue rub, and they were just perfect. Smoked them for about 2.5 hours and finished them in butter and brown sugar for about a half hour as the fired died and the corn roasted. They were as good as it gets. Everyone raved and ate them all except for half a rack. I'll take care of those tomorrow.

Good Night Saigon made me think of this classic. One of the greats.

watch

Had to make a last second trip to Tennessee. 9 hour drive yesterday and facing a 9 hour drive tomorrow. But it is totally worth it. Didn't know how much I missed being home.
Tennessee is a Kentucky kind of place and I know exactly what you are saying. I had to leave for my career for 22 years. When I retired I move back as soon as possible.

Morning all. I did as much painting yesterday as my 'bone on bone' ankles will tolerate (about 4 hours). Maybe I will do some more today.

I like your birds Rooster. I assume that they are in the parrot or parakeet family. The most exotic bird for me this year is a nesting set of Carolina Chickadees. They usually go north in the spring and leave me but this pair stayed. They are precious. I lure all kinds of birds with two feeders. It took 18 years but those two chickadees stayed.

66 degrees and 96% humidity now. Sun is shining and the grass will probably get mowed. This time of year it is every three days as my lawn service poor the nitrogen to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT