ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

csx256.jpg

I know this conversation was from last night
Husband still has a working 8track player. Two of the cassettes are still viable.
His fave band is Boston (mine is Styx, but only up till about 81)
He bought a Kenwood stereo system back in 85, all components still work.
A lot of vinyls too. One in particular is pretty cool...by a band called Piper. There were only around 200 made as demos.
What's really cool about that though is Piper was Billy Squire's first band

Husband still has a working 8track player. Two of the cassettes are still viable.
A lot of vinyls too. One in particular is pretty cool...by a band called Piper. There were only around 200 made as demos.
I've read several articles about how Billy Squire's Rock Me Tonite video killed his career. It was hideous.

I also purchased my Kenwood rack system in '85, sans speakers. Bought in Germany. Still own, but rarely use it.

Back from a hike to the grocery store. Found 70 cents on the way. Surprised, because I got a late start.

Gonna mow our front yard.

Y'all behave.
I need to mow also but my wife needs me to go to the store with her. Said she didn't want to ride by herself. I pointed out that she wouldn't be riding she would be driving. Didn't help. I'll still have to mow.

Gotta mow and crap, too.

Took long ass walk with the doggy this morning. Wore me out. 2.5hrs of hard walking. Lots of squirrel activity. Found no money, but I did find a little bracelet thingy I didn't bother to pick up bc idgas.

Still lots of activity at the drug house. When we were on our way back from the walk, I noticed a Mr. Joseph Scheerer at that house. He was featured in our paper earlier this week in a different drug arrest - he had all sorts of pills and drug paraphernalia, plus cash. Dumbass was driving up and down the street looking all kinds of suspicious, then he finally stopped at the drug house and got out the car - that's when I ID'd him. He stood by the passenger door fiddling with something with the girl who was with him - drugs, probably. If these damn cops would just give me a badge and permission to kill, I could clean this crap up pretty quick....if I had the balks to do that, which I don't. Can't even imagine being a cop. I would probably get nervous and shoot something I shouldn't.

Nothing to be sorry for: CSX was the best thing going employment wise for me. I had a great career and they still send me three checks a month. Mergers happen and we ended up getting more efficient and could make a lot more money as a corporation, so my moves were going to happen anyway. When you get into Sales & Marketing you expect that. I am living in my 10th house. The railroad moved me. You get a promotion and it often required moving.
Did you start out in Sales and Marketing or something else?

Last edited:
Did you start out in Sales and Marketing or something else?
Always in the same department. We were the winer and diners. We negotiated contracts and got the business. We played golf, wined and dined, went fishing etc. anything to get a leg up on the competition.

The real railroaders moved the freight.

Sales and Marketing folks were often fired if they could not produce. Lots of pressure.

Gotta mow and crap, too.

Took long ass walk with the doggy this morning. Wore me out. 2.5hrs of hard walking. Lots of squirrel activity. Found no money, but I did find a little bracelet thingy I didn't bother to pick up bc idgas.

Still lots of activity at the drug house. When we were on our way back from the walk, I noticed a Mr. Joseph Scheerer at that house. He was featured in our paper earlier this week in a different drug arrest - he had all sorts of pills and drug paraphernalia, plus cash. Dumbass was driving up and down the street looking all kinds of suspicious, then he finally stopped at the drug house and got out the car - that's when I ID'd him. He stood by the passenger door fiddling with something with the girl who was with him - drugs, probably. If these damn cops would just give me a badge and permission to kill, I could clean this crap up pretty quick....if I had the balks to do that, which I don't. Can't even imagine being a cop. I would probably get nervous and shoot something I shouldn't.
I read that story and thought of this...

images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT