ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hey Bert, there is going to be a total eclipse on August 21st. Adairville Ky will be a good spot to view it and will be directly in line for it. Should be dark for almost 3 minutes. I'll probably be heading down that way to see it. You and Sherry and anyone else want to go?

Do not stare at it as it is occurring otherwise you will be visiting your eye surgeon.

I'm the only one in my immediate family that likes (actually loves) them.. I enjoy them over a bed of white rice with brown gravy. Just delicious. If I ever have the opportunity to make them for the grands, I am sure that they would swallow their tongue.
That's how we usually eat them too but my wife was in an experimental mood tonight. She followed a recipe off Epicurious and it was pretty good. Not as good without the brown gravy and rice but good.

Hey Monday you sucked. Take your uneeded shenanigans and move on.

Back to the salt mines. Few little hiccups for this Monday. Home now. Long Monday means short Thursday.
hqdefault.jpg

When I was a little kid I made a slingshot. Couldn't wait to try it out. I shot at a Robin in the front yard.
I shot one with a BB gun. Dad made me clean it, fry it up and eat it. Tasted like dirt, from eating worms I guess. I learned a lot about enviro-ethics that day.

Thanks to the squirrels we have corn plants all over the yard and the plant beds.
My Papaw, planted a walnut tree in his back yard, then lived long enough in that house to see walnut trees growing all over the neighborhood from the squirrels doing their squirrelly thing.

What's the last big lie any of you heard?

There's been some whoppers. This one comes to mind. I was three and Mom crawled through an attic access in the bathroom ceiling then when I couldn't find her told me she had turned into a roach and crawled down the bathtub drain. I cried, well like a baby. After I caught her climbing down, she told me about crawling through a pipe into the attic where she got big again. I new Mom never lied and told everybody about her adventure.

Last edited:
I shot one with a BB gun. Dad made me clean it, fry it up and eat it. Tasted like dirt, from eating worms I guess. I learned a lot about enviro-ethics that day.

My Papaw, planted a walnut tree in his back yard, then lived long enough in that house to see walnut trees growing all over the neighborhood from the squirrels doing their squirrelly thing.
Maw Maw and Paw Paw had a Black walnut three. We used to take about a bushel home each season to put in Mom's Homemade candy. The squirrels got some too. In the backyard of the house that I grew up in there is a big Black Walnut tree from all of that.

Not me, I don't eat fish bait.

^On second thought, I lied. I like shrimp.
I
I saw a teenager last week on the news that had been shot in the head by 2 other teenagers that were tired of her taking photos like the one you posted. The slug is still in her head. The doctors can't take it out.

In 2006, the World Conservation Union announced that one of the four subspecies, the West African Black Rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis longipe), had been tentatively declared extinct. Despite an exhaustive survey across Africa, none could be found, and there were none being held in captivity anywhere.
west-african-black-rhino.jpg

Linky :cry:
That is a dirty rotten shame.

Went to sleep early last night. Going to pick up my father before too long for an adventure. Haven't called him yet though, so plans may change. Too cold and windy for him actually, but he may still tough it out.

I

I saw a teenager last week on the news that had been shot in the head by 2 other teenagers that were tired of her taking photos like the one you posted. The slug is still in her head. The doctors can't take it out.

there is some sorta app for your phone that distorts the picture to look like that...my ex DIL probably took 30 + selfies a day.it got very old

gonna clean garage today. shepherds shed a lot so I am constantly cleaning dog hair from garage floor.
whoever cost the kid his job, he wants to buy you a beer and shake your hand (see ITT thread)..He is 90% sure it's a d leaguer..I really doubt that. I'm less forgiving, I'd wanna whip their ass...Jus sayin
Got to replace a couple mater plants...something or Maggi got em
really like the part time job...stress free easy work. all are retired part timers from Ford or Phillip Morris
crazy weather sure messed up a lot for some...
Derby plans? We will have a few over for some grillin out.

bout all I got....at ease

Hey Bert, there is going to be a total eclipse on August 21st. Adairville Ky will be a good spot to view it and will be directly in line for it. Should be dark for almost 3 minutes. I'll probably be heading down that way to see it. You and Sherry and anyone else want to go?
I will get a direct hit here also. Sherry and I are not interested in going; however, we would be interested in seeing you on your way by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT