ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ok, got THREE trees planted. One of them is some kind of fir tree that is supposed to get 50 to 75 feet tall. One is a dogwood and I don't know what the other one is.

That job led into me detailing my wife's engine bay on her car. [eyeroll]

Then I came in and shaved.

Now I am back on the couch where I belong with a cold beer.

Mission accomplished.

One is a dogwood

When it blooms take kids crappie fishing. They're in the shallow water eating everything they see.

cane-pole-fishing.jpg

I just hung up from talking with FCC. He is working through some health and family problems. His phone has been cleaned, and he lost all of our numbers. He is making progress and asked that you guys text him so he can recover your number. He has been going through it.

I don't have his number but tell him I said, "Hang in there, FCC".

Speaking of shepherds, how bout that Jeff Sheppard? I firmly believe, and you will not change my mind, that he was more instrumental in our 98 championship than that coach was. If we had played Tubby's way, like we did in the Maui Classic, we wouldn't have made it past the sweet sixteen. Jeff rallied the troops and was the coach on the floor.

Thanks Jeff, 'preciate it.

Speaking of shepherds, how bout that Jeff Sheppard? I firmly believe, and you will not change my mind, that he was more instrumental in our 98 championship than that coach was. If we had played Tubby's way, like we did in the Maui Classic, we wouldn't have made it past the sweet sixteen. Jeff rallied the troops and was the coach on the floor.

Truth.

I often think about what the outcome of the SEC & NCAA tourneys would have been for the Cats in '98 had Jeff not miraculously recovered (via hyper chamber or whatever he used to heal) from that ankle injury. Hint: it wouldn't have been pretty.

Still don't know how he recovered so fast and played that well so quick after that injury.

Truth.

I often think about what the outcome of the SEC & NCAA tourneys would have been for the Cats in '98 had Jeff not miraculously recovered (via hyper chamber or whatever he used to heal) from that ankle injury. Hint: it wouldn't have been pretty.

Still don't know how he recovered so fast and played that well so quick after that injury.
The easiest explanation for me would be that it wasn't as severe as we were led to believe it was. That story isn't as good as the Derek Anderson story I heard though.

I was at a Derby party in 98 because I was dating a chick who took me to a party in Cherokee Park that was attended by a player from the 97 team. There were many ul fans there but just a few of us UK guys. I ended up in the kitchen talking with this player and manning the beer keg. He told me, and asked me not to tell, that DA didn't think he was going to come back from surgery in time to play anymore that year and had signed with an agent.

We all know the story of Rick telling everyone that if the doctors cleared DA to play that he would play. The doctors cleared him but DA didn't play. Story I was told was that Derek came clean with Rick and told him what he had done and that Rick was devastated. Caught him off guard. Rick then came up with the idea that DA shouldn't play and take a chance on injury.

I won't tell the name of the player and this is just the drunk ramblings of a person that may or may not have heard what he thought he heard from a drunken ex-UK player. Take it with a grain of salt. Rick was telling the truth about Dieng though when he didn't play him last year because he was concerned that he would reinjure his ankle. The pictures of him with the whores played no part in that decision. [winking]

Productive day. Got my bicycle fixed. May ride it tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening.
What did you fix? Back in the day, late 60s early 70s, I was the bike fix it guy for all my friends. My father had the garage and all the tools. At ten years old I could take a bike totally apart and put it back together again. Bikes were simple then though. I bet your bike has those fancy gears and hand brakes and what not.

The easiest explanation for me would be that it wasn't as severe as we were led to believe it was. That story isn't as good as the Derek Anderson story I heard though.

I was at a Derby party in 98 because I was dating a chick who took me to a party in Cherokee Park that was attended by a player from the 97 team. There were many ul fans there but just a few of us UK guys. I ended up in the kitchen talking with this player and manning the beer keg. He told me, and asked me not to tell, that DA didn't think he was going to come back from surgery in time to play anymore that year and had signed with an agent.

We all know the story of Rick telling everyone that if the doctors cleared DA to play that he would play. The doctors cleared him but DA didn't play. Story I was told was that Derek came clean with Rick and told him what he had done and that Rick was devastated. Caught him off guard. Rick then came up with the idea that DA shouldn't play and take a chance on injury.

I won't tell the name of the player and this is just the drunk ramblings of a person that may or may not have heard what he thought he heard from a drunken ex-UK player. Take it with a grain of salt. Rick was telling the truth about Dieng though when he didn't play him last year because he was concerned that he would reinjure his ankle. The pictures of him with the whores played no part in that decision. [winking]

I've heard that same story about DA and the '97 NCAA tourney too. Although i didn't hear it from a player. Seems more plausible now that i know one of the players told the same story…drunk or not.

@ymmot31 you have frightened me!!!
I mean this in the nicest way, but you don't have to @ anyone in this thread. We all read every post. Doesn't bother me any at all. In fact, I kind of like the blue reminder. Just saving you some trouble if you like.

We were all your age before and I will say that I think you are doing fine. Keep it up. Actually, I would say from what I've seen that you have your shit together better than some, or one, of us had at your age. Thanks for expanding our demographics while being an interesting character.

I've heard that same story about DA and the '97 NCAA tourney too. Although i didn't hear it from a player. Seems more plausible now that i know one of the players told the same story…drunk or not.

It never would have occurred to me if I hadn't heard someone say it. None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean this in the nicest way, but you don't have to @ anyone in this thread. We all read every post. Doesn't bother me any at all. In fact, I kind of like the blue reminder. Just saving you some trouble if you like.

We were all your age before and I will say that I think you are doing fine. Keep it up. Actually, I would say from what I've seen that you have your shit together better than some, or one, of us had at your age. Thanks for expanding our demographics while being an interesting character.

Thanks for the kind words too kind really. I just try to keep my head above water most days. I'm not quite sure how I'm interesting but I'm glad you do find me interesting.

Sometimes I @ people sometimes I don't. Varies lol.

What's the last big lie any of you heard? Here's mine. I complained about planting trees that I would have to mow around and then go back and weedeat. My wife, my counterpart, my "better half", told me that she would weedeat around the new trees. [pfftt] I've always had the feeling that if someone lied to me but I KNEW they were lying, that they didn't actually lie to me but merely attempted to. I'm pretty sure my wife has attempted to lie to me. In no way, shape, or form will she weedeat anything. It would be too good for me if she did because I have no doubt she would whack down the little trees in the process. No, it's best if weedeating remains a voodoo that she neither practices nor understands.

Wow, what a day. How can a man do so much but accomplish so little? I've consumed a six pack and a little over half a fifth, but I'm still going. Watching the old, and only legitimate Star Trek. I'm Spocking this shit. It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

What did you fix? Back in the day, late 60s early 70s, I was the bike fix it guy for all my friends. My father had the garage and all the tools. At ten years old I could take a bike totally apart and put it back together again. Bikes were simple then though. I bet your bike has those fancy gears and hand brakes and what not.
21 speed. Replaced the seat and rear tire/tube. Tuned it up a little. Tire was a real pain in the ass this time. Need to work on 3 other bikes I own. Dahon folder needs a pedal. Brompton folder needs a tensioner wheel replaced. Another 4th bike needs TLC.

From Peachtree City, GA.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans and Everybody else.
  • 2nd mug of Dark Magic going.
  • 72º and light rain in Johns Creek. Definitely IFR.
  • May 1st. Monday again. Damn, time flies.
  • Our first house cost $16,650.00. In Gardenside in Lexington. My employer loaned us the $850.00 down payment. 1965. 3BR Ranch. No garage.
  • I did two little projects yesterday. Put the railing up that the Leyland Cypress knocked down. Patched a hole in the lattice so Lola could not get under the deck and get in trouble under there. Lots of bending and stooping. I'm sore like I carried the football about 53 times. I'm old and not worth a damn physically. But ......... I did get it done.
  • Have not watched a second of the playoffs. Same as last year. And the year before that .........
  • Lola is not out here with me this morning. She'd get those tiny feet wet and make another mess for QB to clean up.
  • QB and I celebrate 54 years of wedded bliss this Wednesday. I got lucky. She got lucky.
  • Hope you folks have a great week doing what you are doing.
  • That's it from here.
  • Carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT