ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

nah, not here - :)

Funny thing about classical; I couldn't really say I have a favorite, but there are elements of classical in nearly every genre, whether folks realize it or not
Wise words. Many modern day artists were inspired by the classics. I'll never criticize anyone's taste in music because if it sounds good to you then it's good music. Bach Brandenburg Concertos BTW. It's not snooty, I just like it.

Wise words. Many modern day artists were inspired by the classics. I'll never criticize anyone's taste in music because if it sounds good to you then it's good music. Bach Brandenburg Concertos BTW. It's not snooty, I just like it.
Boston was really big on using classical music as a basis

I'm one of those who enjoys it - but couldn't tell you who did what; just enjoy the sound. It's relaxing

Wagner- Valkyries is right up there for me. Always liked it and it made that scene in AN even more badass.

Vivaldi - Four Seasons, Spring is my favorite. Of course I dig the Beethoven's and Chopin's and Tchaikovsky's and Mozart's too.

I've got several classical CD's in my car that I jam on long trips and sometimes turn the tv to classical music channel when I'm alone in the house.

I attribute my appreciation of classical music to watching cartoons in the 60's. Bugs Bunny in particular.

Wagner- Valkyries is right up there for me. Always liked it and it made that scene in AN even more badass.

Vivaldi - Four Seasons, Spring is my favorite. Of course I dig the Beethoven's and Chopin's and Tchaikovsky's and Mozart's too.

I've got several classical CD's in my car that I jam on long trips and sometimes turn the tv to classical music channel when I'm alone in the house.

I attribute my appreciation of classical music to watching cartoons in the 60's. Bugs Bunny in particular.
Oh yeah what was the name of the conductor that Bugs stood in for? His glove hovered in mid air while the guy kept singing.

Rob likes Wagner as well -it's what he calls the "heavy stuff"

LOL yes, Loony Tunes made great use of the classical stuff

If the music is good I'll like it. The last Phantom that they did was the last opera that I listened to. I liked that very very much. I do not even know what instrument the soloist is playing. That is probably a bassoon, but I'm not sure. I like watching the conductor too. I don't have this kind of class. We have never had this conversation. Y'all are versatile.

If the music is good I'll like it. The last Phantom that they did was the last opera that I listened to. I liked that very very much. I do not even know what instrument the soloist is playing. That is probably a bassoon, but I'm not sure. I like watching the conductor too. I don't have this kind of class. We have never had this conversation. Y'all are versatile.
Class has nothing to do with it. I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy. I listen to everything.

When I grew up we didn't even have broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, bay leaves, those little bitty ears of corn, those tiny little cabbages, avocados, or bib lettuce. I heard some Hank Williams, but none of this concert stuff. Maybe occasionally it was in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, but I did not notice. I flunked tonette, but I can play a radio. That's it. No hope for me.

Well, you are a wild and classy guy!!!
latest

I like The Sons Of The Pioneers's version also. Ken Curtis (Festus on Gunsmoke) used to sing with them in their early days.
One of my dad's friends was one of the Sons of the Pioneers. His name was Slim Dossey.
Staying with the country theme. I always wanted to have voice like this.

And his Amada was far better than the big selling one ten years later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT