ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Did an interview today.

Then took off work day and ran some errands and what not.

Hump leaving. Not really shocked and can see why he did it. Maybe that means bamba is coming or bam is a real possibility of returning.

Probably gonna tomorrow.

Yep that covers my day
According to local news this morning, UK and UTexas Longhorns are front runners to sign Bamba. We should know something soon.

Hope I'm wrong, but with such youth next season, we may struggle.
Even if they were all seniors they would still be young, amirite?

Once again we have guys leaving early when conventional wisdom might tell us that they would be bettered served by completing their college eligibility. Cal will be held responsible for these decisions when folks gather and complain about the lack of upper classmen. People can blame Cal if they want to view the atmosphere he's created at UK due to exemplary recruiting and results, as faulty.

I don't think Hump, Briscoe, or Bam should be anywhere but in a UK uniform next year, but my opinion is swayed by several factors. One of them is experience. There was a saying in my profession as I came up through years. "I'm wishing I was on the job I was on when I was wishing I was on this job". The grass is always greener and with these guys seeing their friends move on to the next phase of their lives, I'm sure it's hard to stay behind. I might cite the tortoise and hare here but feel free to insert your own platitude.

Truth be told though, my main reason is more than likely based in greed. I know these guys are going to get better as they mature mentally and physically and I would rather have them do that here, for me, than to do it somewhere else for other people.

There is no definitive right or wrong in these decisions to stay or go. They're just decisions. Time will tell if it is deemed beneficial or detrimental, but even then the decision will be judged against a theoretical, alternate reality. I'm sure that at some point in our lives each of us has made a major decision that the rest of us might have said didn't make a lot of sense. We all survived those decisions.

I hope you are right Mash.

I mean cmon, unless he's getting substantial cash, and is maybe from the state of TX, why would he join that dumpster fire?...i better shutup before it happens. Crazier things have happened, I suppose.

What happened to TX? They were the first to have their own TV network, iirc. Not even conference channel, their own personal UT network. It was a big deal at the time. They seemed to have a lot of momentum. Then their football died. They made awful hires in football and basketball. Now look at em. They are an afterthought. Sad. Then A&M got an SEC invite. Dang. UT blows.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueans and Lurkers.
  • 61º in Johns Creek. Just beautiful.
  • Sinuses pouring.
  • Dark Magic going. Does anyone not drink coffee in the morning? If you don't drink coffee, what do you drink? I drink it all day long. QB drinks Diet Coke.
  • #4's Med School tuition is going to run about 65K per year. LHM. That's what it would cost at UK. It's more than Emory costs. I don't know what we are going to do.
  • Austin, how's your MIL doing?
  • I need to grill something this weekend, but that would interfere with Easter Dinner at our daughters's house.
  • Tom Leach going. Mike Pratt is on today. I like listening to him.
  • That's it. What are you doing?
  • Where's Fred? Sitting on the riverbank I guess.

6359219226453491021470707808_train.jpg

• Dark Magic going. Does anyone not drink coffee in the morning? If you don't drink coffee, what do you drink? I drink it all day long. QB drinks Diet Coke.

• Austin, how's your MIL doing?
I drink two large cups of hot tea with 2% milk every morning.

Thanks for asking about my MIL. Still in the hospital. Aside from failing kidneys, congestive heart failure, anemia and diabetes, she also has a broken foot. Hope she improves. If so, she'll come live with us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT