ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Southern Miss can handle our heat

I would think So Miss has no issues with heat.
Now if you are talking defensive heat then we will have to wait and see. I hope we put so much pressure on the QB that he wishes he was on the bench at Fla State.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Id say southern mississippi is no stranger to heat. The coastal areas of MS are tropical in climate. KY is sub-tropical.

I think this was a play on the jokes they made back in 2017 when we went to Southern Miss to open the season and it was Muggy AF down there. We ended up winning 24-17. 2016 was the year they punked us 44-35 in the infamous Drew Barker game. 35 points all in the first half. Zilch in the second.

Reactions: Nuke99m
I think this was a play on the jokes they made back in 2017 when we went to Southern Miss to open the season and it was Muggy AF down there. We ended up winning 24-17. 2016 was the year they punked us 44-35 in the infamous Drew Barker game. 35 points all in the first half. Zilch in the second.

Definitely is just that... I was in on that thread. There were some jokes made then, but there were legit concerns brought up, too.

I was one of the guys making the comment that the heat (moreso humidity) in the south is different than in Lexington, and I had concerns about the team depth going into that game. I grew up in KY, but I've spent a lot of time in southern MS (my wife is from there), and I now live in Tallahassee, FL. The humidity difference is huge, and it is draining. That was the point then.

Definitely is just that... I was in on that thread. There were some jokes made then, but there were legit concerns brought up, too.

I was one of the guys making the comment that the heat (moreso humidity) in the south is different than in Lexington, and I had concerns about the team depth going into that game. I grew up in KY, but I've spent a lot of time in southern MS (my wife is from there), and I now live in Tallahassee, FL. The humidity difference is huge, and it is draining. That was the point then.
I watched the weather forecast for Saturday a little bit ago. It's gonna feel like Southern Mississippi around here. Possibly some thunderstorms but really high humidity levels. Gonna be muggy AF. But hopefully any pop up storms clear out before the game. Really don't want any lightening delays with this being a later than usual game. Just hope it doesn't impact tailgating too much.

Yeah, that was a running theme/joke here, and still is.

FreeTaxReturn really has made a posting career out of the weather jokes from that trip to Hattiesburg on August 31st, 2017, a game I attended.

It was Hot! And we were in the Sun the whole game.

But, with reasonable precautions, . . . suntan lotion, floppy hats, small personal fire extinguishers, etc. we Cat fans made it through the inferno that is Southern Mississippi in August.

Adam Sandler GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT