ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

1825_O118_detail.jpg

All of my folks are from the country. I've heard almost all of those words and expressions when talking to them and their neighbors and friends.
Good post, chief.

I sounded just like those people when I moved to Indiana after high school. I've lived two-thirds of my life outside the South and still have a pronounced southern drawl.

Granddaughter is here - do love this little girl
cracking me up - she has learned the word "mine" - and uses it frequently

Not going to get my hopes up, or really respond to Stoops' comments about football - words are just words, until we see action it just doesn't mean ish. Will watch of course- can't not watch for some reason

Looking forward to cooler weather - really looking forward to BBM in three weeks

I was hoping to get an introduction through FCC. Since they were next door neighbors growing up as kids way back when. You know, not that I am sayin FCC is old as dirt or anything.

I helped God choose the color of dirt. We couldn't agree and that's why there are different colors.

Watched some football on ESPN classic. Cats and SC from 2010. Great win. Moreso, enjoyed seeing spurrier throw a fit. Great ending. Spurry called his last timeout with just a few seconds left in the game. He had 1st and 10 so don't why he didn't get the qb to spike the ball and he could haved saved his last time out. Anyway, we picked it off in the endzone. Ballgame 31-28. And they were within fieldgoal range too. FCC.

Although I must say it does look good parked next to the shanty.
hqdefault.jpg

I wish you would quit being so uppity. My shanty doesn't look that good. You don't have to rub it in. Braggert. Stone underpinning and whatnot. Even concrete steps. Mr. Bigshot. No wonder your a doctor. Looks like you would help others look that good. FCC.

I wish you would quit being so uppity. My shanty doesn't look that good. You don't have to rub it in. Braggert. Stone underpinning and whatnot. Even concrete steps. Mr. Bigshot. No wonder your a doctor. Looks like you would help others look that good. FCC.

Hey. It's not nice to make fun of a poor ol'e country boy. I worked hard to be able to obtain that shanty.

If there has ever been a better show than The Andy Griffith Show, I've never seen it. Family values, respect for others, manners, humility.....sad to say that this country today is lacking in many respects.

"Citizens a'reyest, citizens a'reyest"
"He's a nut!"
"It's me, it's me, it's Ernest T"

Fling a rock at ye.

Jua ha ha nita. Jua ha ha nita.

Judy Judy Judy

Shazam

FCC.

That shanty is better than where Paw Paw and Maw Maw lived. I remember seeing through the cracks in the floor and watching the chickens when I was little. They got a new floor one time. The little ones sat on a bench on the side of the table when we ate there. My Dad sat there when he was a boy. I remember when they got electricity. They were very poor folks. Good as gold, but poor.

There was heat in the front room where they slept and from the wood-burning stove in the kitchen. There was no heat in the other bedroom where we would sleep when we would visit. Lots of quilts on feather matresses. I don't remember ever getting cold though. They didn't have running water either. Two holer.

That was poverty. Powdered milk. Commodity cheese.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT