ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ooops, if he passes on putting up the trivia question. Forgot who I was dealing
with for a moment there. Don't send these guys after me, pretty please.
Federal_Military_Train_1862.jpg

This is the guy you gotta worry about coming after you.

images

It was joint effort, catfaninsc came up with cornpone and said he thought he had two first names.
I spelled Jubilation wrong. So, why don't you give catfaninsc first dibs on the triva question. If he passes, I will put one up.

:weary: I didn't know! :cry: Go ahead Fred, put one up, don't' know if.......I can........muster up........the strength..............darkness............Lassie is that you?...........................................

It was joint effort, catfaninsc came up with cornpone and said he thought he had two first names.
I spelled Jubilation wrong. So, why don't you give catfaninsc first dibs on the triva question. If he passes, I will put one up.
Ok Catfan, you do one
Let's do this daily
Whoever answers correctly has to post a question

catfaninsc, that is a had at to follow but here goes, The Trivia Question of the day.

Walter Lord wrote Lonely Vigil, Coast Watchers of the Solomons'
How many miles did he travel researching this story?
Since the Solomon Islands have a total coastline of 3,142 miles, and he lived a mile from the shore, I'm going with 3,144 miles.

Home again. Had to make a stop at the piddlers mall since I was somewhat in the area. Picked up a wooden pizza peel and a couple of knives. Chicago cutlery, wooden handles in great shape. Got a 6" chefs knife and a 6" santuko. These are the old ones made back when they used high carbon steel. Just used the santuko to slice some tomato for a sandwich and it was like a knife through tomato.

I had them go ahead and fix the font, hope everyone is happy. YW

What in the blazes is peach oatmeal? Fresh peaches sound good chopped up in oatmeal, is that it? Is it something in those instant packs. I tried those years ago and the doctor said I was eating paste and to knock it off before it killed me.

Dang it Fred. Your a bad influence, now you got me thinking about roasted peach pie.

What in the blazes is peach oatmeal? Fresh peaches sound good chopped up in oatmeal, is that it? Is it something in those instant packs. I tried those years ago and the doctor said I was eating paste and to knock it off before it killed me.
Yes, it is dehydrated peach pieces in instant oatmeal. No sugar. I have gotten used to it. Will not kill you. Sugar loves to lick the bowl.

Home again. Had to make a stop at the piddlers mall since I was somewhat in the area. Picked up a wooden pizza peel and a couple of knives. Chicago cutlery, wooden handles in great shape. Got a 6" chefs knife and a 6" santuko. These are the old ones made back when they used high carbon steel. Just used the santuko to slice some tomato for a sandwich and it was like a knife through tomato.

I had them go ahead and fix the font, hope everyone is happy. YW
Knives that won't cut well bug the **** out of me.

Knives that won't cut well bug the **** out of me.
Me too Don. I keep all my knives as sharp as I can. I have a strop in the kitchen that I use after I hit them on the steel. I haven't had to put any on a stone yet to reset the edge, but I will when I think I need to.

More people are cut by dull knives than are cut by sharp ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT