ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

images

Yep, raiding the brownies could explain where they are for sure. I'm going to the Reds and Pirates game the 12th and won't make myself available for autographs in hopes of keeping the crowd down. Not sure why I thought of or felt the need to post that. Does that make me a bad guy?

Yep, raiding the brownies could explain where they are for sure. I'm going to the Reds and Pirates game the 12th and won't make myself available for autographs in hopes of keeping the crowd down. Not sure why I thought of or felt the need to post that. Does that make me a bad guy?
no, you're doing a public service by not making yourself available - think how bad the players would feel if you got more requests for autographs than they did?

Mornin FCC & ATC
and to any others reading
Have the granddaughter this morning - EARLY. Her momma said, no worries, she'll be half asleep and will go to bed when she gets here. Haha - yeah RIGHT. My sweet girl is all bright eyed and bouncy today, so Grammie has her coffee, we have Dora on the tv and she has her granola bar and banana (her favorite breakfast)
Just as well though - youngest boy starts back to school next week, so we need to start readjusting our schedule for that anyway. We've been on the "summer" schedule - meaning no one, except the older son, gets up before 10 am, and we go to bed 12-1am.
Anyway - have y'all been watching Olympics? Some really good competition was on last night; very enjoyable

I was working in California in 84 when the Olympics were in LA. The Russians didn't want to play and everyone was complaining about air quality. Anyway, I sent a handwritten letter to the US Olympic committee and asked if I could be on the American team. I explained that it didn't matter which sport they put me in because I would come in last regardless. I thought it would add an element of human interest to the games and hoped they would see it the same way.

What I was really hoping for was an official letter from the USOC telling me that I had been denied acceptance. I was going to hang the letter in my office as a conversation piece. They didn't send a letter.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 77º in Johns Creek. Hazy. Rainy. IFR for sure.
  • Weight = 227.
  • Heard a little of Tom Leach.
  • Which football Wildcat got in trouble and what rule did he break?
  • Likes applied.
  • WettCat has been heard from. My Girl video.
  • We got a little rain last night. Need more.
  • Overslept a little bit.
  • Sugar is right here.
  • Mack Jones going from Nicholasville. Jessamine County.
  • That's it.

I was working in California in 84 when the Olympics were in LA. The Russians didn't want to play and everyone was complaining about air quality. Anyway, I sent a handwritten letter to the US Olympic committee and asked if I could be on the American team. I explained that it didn't matter which sport they put me in because I would come in last regardless. I thought it would add an element of human interest to the games and hoped they would see it the same way.

What I was really hoping for was an official letter from the USOC telling me that I had been denied acceptance. I was going to hang the letter in my office as a conversation piece. They didn't send a letter.

Got married in October 1963. The wife as a joke sent the Kennedys an invitation to our wedding. We did get a nice form letter apologizing for not being able to attend and wishing us the best. Still have that letter.

Read through the D and found myself grinning. Backward racing seems like a fun event to watch and extra so because the D has an entrant. Fresh corn was another favorite topic but my favorite is that ear in front of me all buttered up and smiling at me.

I was never a great athlete but did box and play fast pitch softball a little past my prime but it was fun and kept me busy and out of trouble for the most part. So the two sports were good for me. In my world today looking back at my youth I somewhat feel cheated. I mean just think of how many Gold Medals I would have by now, if just only someone would have made Procrastination an Olympic Sport? Now I'm sad again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT