ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Went to street rod nats yesterday with 5 of my retiree friends..awesome hot ass day
Went to hooters after car show..couple of wings n a beer or two...I wuz tired
New pup is adapting very well to her new home, love her dearly already! She has no problem "roughhousing" with Sayde..check out her feet..huge
Not much in line for the weekend,maybe buff n wax wifes Rav4..

13876412_10210152393744501_1292863736185693330_n.jpg

Home again. Ate too much.

Bought one of these for my large egg.
buy-now-basket.jpg

I goes down in the firebox and allows you to lift out the old lump and shake out the ash. It also allows for more air flow during the cook to make it easier to maintain a consistent temperature without ash clogging up the air holes. It's called Kick Ash Basket Don, if you decide you need one. I think that you will.

Another good deal was that my wife was with me so I got to use the "our" money check card instead of the "my" money check card. Win Win.

buy-now-basket.jpg

I goes down in the firebox and allows you to lift out the old lump and shake out the ash. It also allows for more air flow during the cook to make it easier to maintain a consistent temperature without ash clogging up the air holes. It's called Kick Ash Basket Don, if you decide you need one. I think that you will.

Another good deal was that my wife was with me so I got to use the "our" money check card instead of the "my" money check card. Win Win.
How much? I like the idea.

How much? I like the idea.
$60. I talked to the guy that came up with the idea today. You can still use your ash raker because there will still be some ash that falls into the bottom. You won't need to use the grate with the holes in it with this set up, but you could if you wanted to.

It will also prevent ash from clogging up the holes in the side of the fire box. More consistent air flow means more consistent heat.

$60. I talked to the guy that came up with the idea today. You can still use your ash raker because there will still be some ash that falls into the bottom. You won't need to use the grate with the holes in it with this set up, but you could if you wanted to.

It will also prevent ash from clogging up the holes in the side of the fire box. More consistent air flow means more consistent heat.
This sounds a little like different strokes to me. I vacuum mine out when it needs it. My vacuum is paid for. The ash rake is paid for.

buy-now-basket.jpg

Ymmot, you believed those lies they told you? [winking]

The next time that you watch The Virginian, the movie, know that Gary Cooper starred in it in 1929. I had no idea that he had made this movie. There may be a silent version also. 1929. My Dad was only 8 years old in 1929. This version did not have a score.

I looked it up. The silent version was made in 1914. Remade in 1929, 1946, 2000, & 2014.

Last edited:
Don't forget that I only paid $500 for my large Egg Don. How much did you pay? I read reviews on that basket on two different bbq sites. They both said it was awesome. I read them after I bought it though which isn't normally the case.

Next thing I'm buying is a cast iron plate setter. I don't need that either but I broke my ceramic one and a new one costs about $80. The CI one costs $120. Difference is only 40.

I eat to stay alive. Don't you guys want to stay alive? In fact, I think most Americans want to stay alive and I'll be danged if I'm going to sit idly by and listen to you guys run down the country that I love.

Just finished a Littles's .5 pounder for my supper + french fries. Damn. That thing is goooooooood. The french fries = not so good. Don't care. The cheeseburger is the best. Austin, if you would ever visit when they're open I would take you there. Poor side of town. Best danged cheeseburger there is. Wooooooooohooooooooo.
See ya in November. Can't wait. So long as the beer is good, I'll play like John Belushi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT