ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Don't be too upset by all of the pardons be handed out by the POTUS. Here's why:

National Statistics on Recidivism

Bureau of Justice Statistics studies have found high rates of recidivism among released prisoners. One study tracked 404,638 prisoners in 30 states after their release from prison in 2005.[1] The researchers found that:

• Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
  • Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
  • Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.
  • Property offenders were the most likely to be rearrested, with 82.1 percent of released property offenders arrested for a new crime compared with 76.9 percent of drug offenders, 73.6 percent of public order offenders and 71.3 percent of violent offenders.

Obama thinks they were sentenced because they were black. Some people struggle with race and Obama struggles very hard.

A crook is a crook no matter his color.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Hazy. IFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 103. Weight = 228.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • Missed Tom Leach.
  • Sugar hurt her right front paw last night. She's limping. It must be sore. I looked at her pads. She may have stepped on something sharp.
  • Trying to get Mack Jones in. Won't stay. ****!
  • I hope the Football Cats are competitive.
  • It looks like our administration thrives on chaos and confusion and mystery. I don't like it.
  • FCC, a TV star. Local boy makes good.
  • Over.

morning D
dragging badly today - couldn't get to sleep until about 6:30 this morning
have to get awake and moving here soon, though: dishes need to be done; have to do some shopping for a baby shower and some other stuff; get home,get showered, and ready and oversee kids getting ready - we're going to the county fair tonight. If we don't get there early, we won't get parking.
Bet yer derriere that I'll sleep tonight, lol

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Hazy. IFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 103. Weight = 228.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • Missed Tom Leach.
  • Sugar hurt her right front paw last night. She's limping. It must be sore. I looked at her pads. She may have stepped on something sharp.
  • Trying to get Mack Jones in. Won't stay. ****!
  • I hope the Football Cats are competitive.
  • It looks like our administration thrives on chaos and confusion and mystery. I don't like it.
  • FCC, a TV star. Local boy makes good.
  • Over.

Hope Sugar is ok Don - hate it when they do that and you don't know what's wrong or how to help them.

Of course our administration thrives on chaos and confusion; what better way to take over a nation than to divide and incite hatred, first? I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but am beginning to really wonder that this isn't deliberate to cause a martial law situation before November. First time I heard that one I laughed.....now, not so much.

I am soooo hoping we have a competitive f'ball team. I'd even take 6-6 without a qualm if it meant they won games they were supposed to and fought like hell in the others.

FCC looked good in that clip, :)

Dolly cut her foot on a piece of glass a couple months ago. We were out walking. I couldn't see any wound or blood, so I didn't know what was wrong. She kind of limped along, but it got worse and I decided to carry her the last little bit. Got home and could tell something punctured her pad pretty deep, and it was bleeding. I cleaned it and wrapped it up with some neosporin to help heal, and keep her from tracking blood. She was good about leaving it alone for the most part. We cut out the walks for about a week as it healed and she started putting more pressure on it. I didn't leave the bandage on too long. Couple days, maybe, on and off. I think dogs know what's good for them. Sugar will take care of her foot if it's not something serious. If it is, you'll know if she isn't getting any better.

Dolly cut her foot on a piece of glass a couple months ago. We were out walking. I couldn't see any wound or blood, so I didn't know what was wrong. She kind of limped along, but it got worse and I decided to carry her the last little bit. Got home and could tell something punctured her pad pretty deep, and it was bleeding. I cleaned it and wrapped it up with some neosporin to help heal, and keep her from tracking blood. She was good about leaving it alone for the most part. We cut out the walks for about a week as it healed and she started putting more pressure on it. I didn't leave the bandage on too long. Couple days, maybe, on and off. I think dogs know what's good for them. Sugar will take care of her foot if it's not something serious. If it is, you'll know if she isn't getting any better.

Humans love K-9's.

Well, the fair was a disappointment. I remember there being a lot more to do when we used to go. Had a friend confirm that there was half the number of rides now than there were 10 yrs ago.
But, the youngest had a blast - found he loves the thrill type rides.
I wasn't going to go to the state fair - but now I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea

Little 'ol Sugar is still limping, but she is walking better. I didn't see it, but she could have stepped on a briar or something else that would leave her foot sore. She's on the mend.

Well, the fair was a disappointment. I remember there being a lot more to do when we used to go. Had a friend confirm that there was half the number of rides now than there were 10 yrs ago.
But, the youngest had a blast - found he loves the thrill type rides.
I wasn't going to go to the state fair - but now I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea
Little kids love that stuff. I like to watch the adult attendees.

Back in the 50s 'ol Dad took us to the McCracken County Fair. The crook running that duck game got Dad good. He had just cashed his paycheck and had some money. I forget the exact dialog, but the guy gave him a free shot and Dad's duck was like 97 points. 100 would make him a winner. Before he knew it he was hooked plenty. Dad raised Hell about it, and they gave his money back. Dummy.

will7-11_parleybaer.jpg
I listened to a couple of Radio Gunsmoke episodes just now. Chester was played by Parley Edward Baer. You may remember him as the Mayor of Mayberry.

parley-baer-1-sized.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT